VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

allove

Jun 19, 2021
All the new features and changes coming to Mythos in Chapter Three!

Yeah this looks super cool! I know you got like, 5 other places folks can interact but hey I am a financial supporter for as long as I can be!

Is it like, super selfish, for me to be sad that we wont see kinky B do kinky shit in an animated way? Someday? More money always helps right! Doing my part!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah this looks super cool! I know you got like, 5 other places folks can interact but hey I am a financial supporter for as long as I can be!

Is it like, super selfish, for me to be sad that we wont see kinky B do kinky shit in an animated way? Someday? More money always helps right! Doing my part!
It's not a money thing, but a skill thing; I'm still just not good enough to make these animations in a way that meet my own standards while also being done in a reasonable amount of time. :(

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't know what's worse......

You know when you hear a song and it gets stuck in your head?

I have 3 that keep playing in repeat....

2 of them because of idiots on TikTok and my friends sending them to me and me clicking them like an idiot hoping they finally sent me something funny because i'm fuck bored...

So apparently there is a challenge to sing one verse over and over and over again for Grace Kelly by Mika. Why, I have no idea but I heard the Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrel one and loved it because Deadpool is my god then upon hearing that my friends, who don't listen to the words I speak it seems, took it as me enjoying the song so sent me alllllll the fucking challenges.

Please make them stop....

Then it was that bloody annoying Thumbs song where they have generational queens and I really need to know one thing, why oh why when 1 person does something on this annoying TikTok app does every other moron have to do the same thing?

"Hey, someone has done something, won't it be a great idea if we all do exactly the same thing" .... NO, CUNTS, IT WON'T.

Plan 1 when I rule the world, murder TikTokkers painfully with my army of Fire Ants that i'll build with the help of sciency stuff.

Lastly it's a good one but still stuck in my head and I can;t sing it right because i'm a tiny girl and my voice is pretty squeaky ..... Miracle of Sound - Valhalla Calling Me.

Needs a deep voice or you just sound like me, a Chipmunk trying to mimic a Viking .... it sounds both wrong and weird.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 2055195

Mythos: Book One, Chapter Three Changelog

All the new features and changes coming to Mythos in Chapter Three!

Additionally, there may be one or two additional stories only available in the game…
alecpeters-axanar-axagifs-axamonitor-tease.gif

Serisously tho, all of this sounds good and I'm looking forward to chapter three:)

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So THAT'S why all of the character photos have been on a cork board since the beginning!

*closes eyes and throws a dart*
Funny you say that... the photo corkboard is also making its first in-game appearance in Chapter Three!

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if, for the final accusation, I should add a "throw a dart" option to let you randomly accuse a character of murder...

Last edited:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Funny you say that... the photo corkboard is also making its first in-game appearance in Chapter Three!

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if, for the final accusation, I should add a "throw a dart" option to let you randomly accuse a character of murder...
Yes you absolutley should do that.

radoxthegreen

Oct 26, 2019
possibly because my interest in sex has declined to nearly zero as I've gotten older...
So you decided to write an adult visual novel with lots of sex in? Yes, that makes total sense.

Looking forward to the update, and thanks on behalf of us textbox-haters for including the option for it to be transparent. Any chance of also including an option to hide the quick menu, which (for me at least) is every bit as annoying as a text box (and how much quicker does anyone need than a right click?).

While I'm at it, have you tried moving the menu choices to the left of the screen so that they don't cover up the person you are making the choice with respect to? I did it on a game I wrote for my own amusement during lockdown, and (for me at least) it looks much nicer.

Hoping that the recent blog post indicates that there is plenty of Mara in chapter 3, and the heroine and the detective always get off with each other don't they?

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So you decided to write an adult visual novel with lots of sex in? Yes, that makes total sense.
For what it's worth, I added the sex to kinda lure people in and get them interested in the murder mystery I'd already written. :x Cheap marketing tactic, but I had my doubts anybody would wanna read my regular-ass supernatural murder mystery comedy novel with an asexual protagonist.

While I'm at it, have you tried moving the menu choices to the left of the screen so that they don't cover up the person you are making the choice with respect to? I did it on a game I wrote for my own amusement during lockdown, and (for me at least) it looks much nicer.
I did mess around with that, but since the character won't always be on the right it would have lead to me having to make considerations for different possible character placements. I found it to be far simpler to just do the "fade to gray, choice in the middle" option, to present it as the protagonist recollecting what they'd said at that point in their story.

Hoping that the recent blog post indicates that there is plenty of Mara in chapter 3, and the heroine and the detective always get off with each other don't they?
There's a reason one of the scenes is titled "Fuck the Police", and it's not because I got a licensing deal with NWA. ;)

Please don't post pictures from the 2019 movie - those are not the "werecats" anybody needs to see.
I'd forgotten that movie existed. Morgana made me go see it. I believe that could be grounds for divorce.

(Not to mention that even though I'm a theatre nerd, I do not like Webber, so the experience was double miserable!)

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
For what it's worth, I added the sex to kinda lure people in and get them interested in the murder mystery I'd already written. :x Cheap marketing tactic, but I had my doubts anybody would wanna read my regular-ass supernatural murder mystery comedy novel with an asexual protagonist.
To be fair, there really isn't that much sex in it to begin with... especially when we compare it to games by other devs *cough* RJ *cough*

The story is a great hook though.

• Haha
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
As Nine has said that the name sort of refers to foxes, does anyone remember the comedy series Mongrels, where the main character was an urban(e) fox called ......... Nelson.

(First series of it was excellent, too).
I have never heard of this series, but that is an amazing coincidence!!! Especially considering I stated before that it's important that the MC keep the last name "Nelson"!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Would Bastet hiding as the cat count, or is that more of an ordinary transformation:unsure:.

Now I just want to see the 1998 movie.
That's worth the vision since it's essentially the movie version of the original musical, and it's really beautiful imho. :)
Has nothing to do with the 2019 abomination....

Reactions: LorgarAurelian
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes