Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
After playing it quite a lot, here are my final thoughts on 0.701.

This update was definitely a lot harder to play, even by the game's usual standards.

Then again, I was primarily playing to unlock ALL the special images. If your main goal is to gather enough support for Princess Collette, then I'd say things are pretty balanced (and even quite easy sometimes.)

The newly added "auto draw" feature is a godsend for the final tests.

---

The two biggest hurdles I faced in this update were:

1. Remembering the initial card checks:

One small mistake and you accidentally end up going into the route of Enrique - who almost always nullifies all the romantic progression (a.k.a affection points) you made with the other trainers.

Most of the times, it is caused by the 'exhibitionism' card at the start of the game.

So, if you are aiming for other trainers like Filbert, Gales, Normand & Amelia - be sure to avoid Vizier's early tricks like the plague.

(Stack up those confidence points and throw away the trust points at the start of the game.)

2. The schedules of the final tests simply not lining up as you need:

I don't know how many times I had to replay the game because the final test ended up coming at a much later date. This shouldn't be a problem once 0.8 is out, but for now it was a major pain in the butt.

Point in case - Despite my countless attempts so far, I still haven't been able to unlock Evette's final event. And so, I've decided to just wait until the next update (where the full schedule will be available) to see her scene.

---

Apollo Seven A small bug report about the gallery:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

---

Spoilers:

---

Overall, though it required quite some effort to unlock what I needed, I did enjoy this update a lot.

Excited to see how the finale of the game will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Back
Mar 10, 2021
After playing it quite a lot, here are my final thoughts on 0.701.

This update was definitely a lot harder to play, even by the game's usual standards.

Then again, I was primarily playing to unlock ALL the special images. If your main goal is to gather enough support for Princess Collette, then I'd say things are pretty balanced (and even quite easy sometimes.)

The newly added "auto draw" feature is a godsend for the final tests.

---

The two biggest hurdles I faced in this update were:

1. Remembering the initial card checks:

One small mistake and you accidentally end up going into the route of Enrique - who almost always nullifies all the romantic progression (a.k.a affection points) you made with the other trainers.

Most of the times, it is caused by the 'exhibitionism' card at the start of the game.

So, if you are aiming for other trainers like Filbert, Gales, Normand & Amelia - be sure to avoid Vizier's early tricks like the plague.

(Stack up those confidence points and throw away the trust points at the start of the game.)

2. The schedules of the final tests simply not lining up as you need:

I don't know how many times I had to replay the game because the final test ended up coming at a much later date. This shouldn't be a problem once 0.8 is out, but for now it was a major pain in the butt.

Point in case - Despite my countless attempts so far, I still haven't been able to unlock Evette's final event. And so, I've decided to just wait until the next update (where the full schedule will be available) to see her scene.

---

Apollo Seven A small bug report about the gallery:

---

Spoilers:

---

Overall, though it required quite some effort to unlock what I needed, I did enjoy this update a lot.

Excited to see how the finale of the game will be.
How do i get on the councillors routes? It always ends up with no scenes even with 3 affection and high favor

Only unlocked payton scene so far

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
How do i get on the councillors routes? It always ends up with no scenes even with 3 affection and high favor

Only unlocked payton scene so far
If you have no problem with gathering affection points with other trainers, but are still not able to unlock the special scenes, then you're probably facing the same two problems I faced too.

1. Enrique, Vizier, (Cecily) or Ulric takes over your love route - blocking you from the others:

So, make sure to reject Vizier, and do not open any of the scenes with Ulric or Enrique during the play through.

The easiest way to achieve this is by removing all your lust (pink) cards and trust (white) cards within the first three weeks.

Do not stack those two cards until Vizier and Cecily are gone.

After Cecily is gone, you can start stacking the white cards. But, DO NOT stack those pink cards ever again.

You can select those cards during Maria's classes to keep your trust & love points up, but remove them IMMEDIATELY, during the meditation.

(Note: If you're aiming for Evette, there's a small change to this, you must have the pink cards.)

2. Bad schedule:

The game has semi-randomised schedule for the classes. So sometimes, the final classes (of the trainer you want) gets pushed beyond the current update's allotted schedule. So, the game ends before you can go to that class.

Sadly, there's no solution to this. You just have to restart the game and play it from the start.

(You could also try restarting from the winter season checkpoint - but the three times I tried it, I still got the same schedule, so I'm not 100% sure about that. To me, It was safer to restart the whole game.)

---

Lastly, be sure to keep track of the points and cards you need for those final tests. I don't remember if it's the case for every trainer, but you need to pass the tests for some of the scenes to unlock.

Last edited:

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
If you have no problem with gathering affection points with other trainers, but are still not able to unlock the special scenes, then you're probably facing the same two problems I faced too.

1. Enrique, Vizier, (Cecily) or Ulric takes over your love route - blocking you from the others:
In retrospect, I think this may be a bit much. It makes sense story-wise, but it's such an important thing that it probably needs an escape hatch. So I'm going to add another "force" option so you can make the Princess dance with someone else at the cost of raised anxiety and stress.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
In retrospect, I think this may be a bit much. It makes sense story-wise, but it's such an important thing that it probably needs an escape hatch. So I'm going to add another "force" option so you can make the Princess dance with someone else at the cost of raised anxiety and stress.
That would be a life-saving option to have.

The cost of "added stress & anxiety" sounds like a reasonable way to make the players carefully consider their options too (and have the decision make sense within the story as well.)

manscout

Jun 13, 2018

So, make sure to reject Vizier, and do not open any of the scenes with Ulric or Enrique during the play through.

The easiest way to achieve this is by removing all your lust (pink) cards and trust (white) cards within the first three weeks.

Do not stack those two cards until Vizier and Cecily are gone.

After Cecily is gone, you can start stacking the white cards. But, DO NOT stack those pink cards ever again.

You can select those cards during Maria's classes to keep your trust & love points up, but remove them IMMEDIATELY, during the meditation.

(Note: If you're aiming for Evette, there's a small change to this, you must have the pink cards.)

2. Bad schedule:

The game has semi-randomised schedule for the classes. So sometimes, the final classes (of the trainer you want) gets pushed beyond the current update's allotted schedule. So, the game ends before you can go to that class.

Sadly, there's no solution to this. You just have to restart the game and play it from the start.

(You could also try restarting from the winter season checkpoint - but the three times I tried it, I still got the same schedule, so I'm not 100% sure about that. To me, It was safer to restart the whole game.)

---

Lastly, be sure to keep track of the points and cards you need for those final tests. I don't remember if it's the case for every trainer, but you need to pass the tests for some of the scenes to unlock.
Actually there is a relatively easier way since swapping tutors so often can be detrimental to your ability to train skills.

Start the playthrough setting up the "Collette fires the Vizier" route like you mentioned (I think I wrote how on the wiki's guide, sorry I haven't been able to update that in a while I will try to do it next month), but then instead of going along with it, tell Collette to ask for the Vizier back, that way you can have the vizier as your tutor but no "exhibitionism" card in your deck, which makes it much more manageable to avoid his route. It is still a bit of a trade-off because doing this will sky-rocket Collette's anxiety, but generally I find that more manageable than having to swap tutors several times.
I assume Cecily's route will still be excluded from this due to the "uniqueness" of it?

Also, I haven't had the time to test it in 0.7 builds, but is dancing with Adelin during the winter ball possible yet? I think it was impossible to reach the needed affection score in 0.6 but I didn't want to say anything back then because I assumed it was a work in progress.

Reactions: Arisushi

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Actually there is a relatively easier way since swapping tutors so often can be detrimental to your ability to train skills.

Start the playthrough setting up the "Collette fires the Vizier" route like you mentioned (I think I wrote how on the wiki's guide, sorry I haven't been able to update that in a while I will try to do it next month), but then instead of going along with it, tell Collette to ask for the Vizier back, that way you can have the vizier as your tutor but no "exhibitionism" card in your deck, which makes it much more manageable to avoid his route. It is still a bit of a trade-off because doing this will sky-rocket Collette's anxiety, but generally I find that more manageable than having to swap tutors several times.
Oh, that's interesting. I always thought Vizier was a risk for the other routes and never tried to get him back in any of those play-throughs.

I guess, deep down, my brain just couldn't comprehend a Vizier who could actually keep his hands off Collette :LOL:

I'll give it a try the next time I play.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
any walkthrough?
Did you notice the wiki link in the first post? Personally, I found it quite helpful when I was playing this before on further runs. Due to the card system and RNG, this isn't like a traditional VN where you select certain options to explore predetermined scenes or to get on specific routes. However, the guide helps to mitigate much of that and allows you to better stack the odds to whatever you're shooting for without, technically, outright cheating.

Redalenax

Mar 31, 2021
I'm thoroughly confused, I just got kicked back to the main menu. I may have read some text too quickly but still... It was around after having done the final pass checks, I had completed Gale's and Filbert's checks with great results, and then I was talking with the MC's personal friend when it kicked me back to the menu. I have no idea why and I can't exactly check either since the history log gets cleared...

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
.71 is out.
Good update, only had time to get a run with the romance path with Cecily, but she and Collette are super cute together in the new scenes.

The second page of the fanart page is still glitching out though:

Edit: a couple more error screens from Cecily's events:

Last edited:

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
The only current negative I can see about this game is the fact that you can lose out on things way far into a playthrough simply because you failed an RNG-type skill check. For example, I had roughly 30% chance to fail a check for a Paranoid card. Another time I only had about a 13% chance to fail a Thoughtful check. While I understand and even support the anti-savescum system in this game, it's still really frustrating to lose a 'perfect' playthrough to some bad RNG.

Reactions: Darrnath
4.30 star(s) 63 Votes