toccata

Nov 24, 2020
thanks for the info, but English is not my language and in most cases I use the "google translator" or rather difficult to play with a dictionary in hand :) :p
If you get stuck somewhere then send a copy of what the game says,
like here with the bear girl.

screenshot0045.png screenshot0047.png

Then we'll tell you what to do next.

• Angry
Reactions: 9inchz

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
@ 9inchz

If possible, try to understand:
This forum is here to help those who have difficulties for any reason.

E.g. too old, too young, too clumsy, lack of education, language problems,
reading problems (dyslexia). Peripheral vision problems (tunnel vision), etc.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 9inchz

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
toccata

When pinging someone you have to do the @ and then type in their username till it appears and you can click it. Copying a persons name and then pasting it doesn't work as it won't ping them.

Reactions: toccata

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
5 months without updates, I must be missing something because I see the Dev is making 3147 dollars each month on Patreon. there must be a reason for this other than the reasons given by Devs like Eromancer that make nearly 17k dollars a month yet still find ways to barely add anything to the game after years of work.

let me be very clear here, I'm not calling the Dev out for anything. I'm just asking a logical question, I'm sure the Dev has a very good reason not releasing the amount of content other Devs release in less time, harder engines to work with, while making a lot less money :unsure: maybe the Dev is on holiday, or maybe he did update the game but I didn't notice.

Lego0978j

Jan 1, 2022
5 months without updates, I must be missing something because I see the Dev is making 3147 dollars each month on Patreon. there must be a reason for this other than the reasons given by Devs like Eromancer that make nearly 17k dollars a month yet still find ways to barely add anything to the game after years of work.

let me be very clear here, I'm not calling the Dev out for anything. I'm just asking a logical question, I'm sure the Dev has a very good reason not releasing the amount of content other Devs release in less time, harder engines to work with, while making a lot less money :unsure: maybe the Dev is on holiday, or maybe he did update the game but I didn't notice.
Its a good game and i want more content :p

Reactions: Dzibel1
May 15, 2022

If I remember right he is working/helping on 5, might be more or less, other games. Radiant and Tales from the Unending Void are two that I remember. Its a good strategy though. Work on other stuff while collecting money off your own game. That way your game never gets finished so people keep paying for it.

cattts

Apr 28, 2018
Thanks DEV for making a great game to play here. I know you have to take your time to make this game, but at least you make a game worth playing. other slap there game together with cut and paste and try to make money and run. I'm glad you take your time and make a game that is worth the wait. Thanks for everything you do.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
If I remember right he is working/helping on 5, might be more or less, other games. Radiant and Tales from the Unending Void are two that I remember. Its a good strategy though. Work on other stuff while collecting money off your own game. That way your game never gets finished so people keep paying for it.
They are working as a team on these games, I don't know how they are spliting the money but you can kind of see why they are doing it since not a single one of those games alone would be enough to support multiple people. Now I am not saying there isn't milking going on... SirDammed was lying about Polarity for over a year before he came clean that he wasn't actually working on it all that time, but hey, if people are willing to keep paying I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to collect it.

TheWando

Dec 22, 2018
I think we all make it too hard by making things too complex.
I'm going to be plain simple.:

If people invest money in a project through Patreon, they pay a developer to work on that project.
In case the developer can't work on said project for month(s) he can pause the funding for said project. I've seen it being done on Patreon so don't tell me you can't. I think this is morally correct and is a must as a respect to your Patrons.

All too many times i see dev. coming with personal stuff to explain their delays... All good and well and i'm hoping you get better but... pause the project and fix these personal issues which we all have to deal with and don't start by posting updates about your personal issues why the delay happens which isn't relevant to said project. Just pause. Simple.

But nope, free money is better ofc.

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
TBH I think this developer might be one of the ones that chronically disappears and resurfaces. By having "friends" he "mentors" he can draw attention to other projects and get them well-funded with backers. In reality, these might just be alternate accounts. This leads to a situation where he can jettison the Alorth account and all the incomplete projects without losing the attention and resources he has, simotaniously shedding the ill-will that comes with having so many projects going so long without updates while receiving donations to work on them.

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
Maybe I am naive, but I like to believe in this project and can forgive the long time it is taking.

Piecing what I can together.... Alorth is an artist first. So, he outsources his talents to other game developers as his main function. He has his own games he works on as he can. He once said something like, "this game is his heart." That is a BOLD statement, but one that give me long-term hope.

This game is beautiful and really captures how I view, "love." In my gut, I trust this project.

Again, maybe I am being naive. (I am ready to throw shade at lots of projects here... not sure why I trust this one so much...?)

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

kamikazedrew

Mar 18, 2020
Maybe I am naive, but I like to believe in this project and can forgive the long time it is taking.

Piecing what I can together.... Alorth is an artist first. So, he outsources his talents to other game developers as his main function. He has his own games he works on as he can. He once said something like, "this game is his heart." That is a BOLD statement, but one that give me long-term hope.

This game is beautiful and really captures how I view, "love." In my gut, I trust this project.

Again, maybe I am being naive. (I am ready to throw shade at lots of projects here... not sure why I trust this one so much...?)
It's not that people don't "believe" in this game. It's the fact that they pay money for this game and the dev rides off into the sunset with their money.

Reactions: zeroidk
4.00 star(s) 86 Votes