TheWando

Dec 22, 2018
This is why I prefer one time fee to purchase games. Sure supporting a developer with a monthly subscription is great. Until it's not.
That is the thing... Most projects start out great yet 90%* lose motivation and updates start to take 10 times longer compared to when the project started... Do i have to pay 10 times less to support at this point? Not an option on Patreon and most devs. won't pause said project.

I heavily prefer (and already do when the option is available) to buy a game with a one time fee and also only when there is already some decent amount of content to see if the dev. is legit and sticks to his word/planning.
It sucks for the ramaining 10%* of legit dev. doing a decent job maintaining updates... but that is always the thing with minorities.

*Don't take me on these pertcentages... just based on my feeling while typing this. :LOL:

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020

Hi fans and supporters, I'm informing everyone that development is not going as planned.
The update was meant to be ready end April or early Mai, but I'm not happy the amount of things I was able to do yet, so it will be taking at least another month for me to polish, add a bit more content and make some improvements.
Thanks for your understanding.
Hi fans and supporters, I'm informing everyone that development is not going as planned.
The update was meant to be ready end April or early Mai, but I'm not happy the amount of things I was able to do yet, so it will be taking at least another month for me to polish, add a bit more content and make some improvements.
Has there been any actual info on the update since then? Coming up on 2 months with no news and while I want to give dude benefit of the doubt posting about how he’s spearfishing on vacation with money he got from games he hasn’t updated in half a year or more gives me little faith in getting updates anytime soon

Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Has there been any actual info on the update since then? Coming up on 2 months with no news and while I want to give dude benefit of the doubt posting about how he’s spearfishing on vacation with money he got from games he hasn’t updated in half a year or more gives me little faith in getting updates anytime soon
He posted this but dont know what it is

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady
Feb 12, 2021

so if his post back in APRIL said it would take "another month" to do the usual BS excuse devs do when they don't hit a release date on time ("polish, improvements, bit more content"), then "another month" would've put the release end of MAY or early JUNE. well, here we are on JUNE NINTH, n yet still nothing...i had your back once upon a time Alorth, but seriously??!! this is now at the point of being ridiculous; n working on 4 games at once makes zero sense...all you're doing is pissing off fans of all of them by taking so long not releasing content on ANY of them.

as the saying goes, PICK A LANE...stick to the 1 or 2 games that are the most popular, n are the furthest along, work on those, n put the smaller, newer projects on hold. you're obviously losing supporters, which equals $$$, along w/the trust of the fan base overall, thereby undermining the potential for new supporters...or are u content to ride out mooching off the suckers who pay for 6 months of nothing while you're spearfishing, sitting on a beach drinking mai tai's? 1-2 updates/year is NOT acceptable

TheWando

Dec 22, 2018
Those 4 games he is working on are commisions. That is his job. Neko Paradise is his personal project. In other words CHILL. It'll get done when it gets done.
1654784871307.png *click to pause project*

My God did you just say this? People are literally paying to see this finished even if it is a personal project, at least pause the monthly funding instead of going off with 6 months worth of ppl's money to sit on a beach.

4st3r1sc0

Jul 5, 2020
Is he just not allowed a holiday? And as for people paying for it , it says at the top of his patreon that he works on this in his FREE TIME. Expecting the game to be done on your timescale is unreasonable at best.
I think people was expecting it to be done on Alorth's "timescale" and, since they are paying and getting nothing while his "timescale" keeps changing, it's fair for them to be pissed. There are plenty of honest people out there that pause patreon when they can't deliver and resume it once they do.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
A paywalled patreon post will not help most unless your a patron.

Info that non patrons can see.

I've been back from my vacations since last weekend and I've been catching up on stuff that was left to do. The plan was to do work during....

Sounds like they probably didn't get much done with this one and I also know that Perverteer was waiting for them to come back from vacation so that they could send them a bunch of animations to do so I won't be surprised if it was pushed back again.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I just hope the game will not get abanoned. Its a unique VN which is interesting to play. There are no other VN's which are not Anime style using Waifus...:)

Reactions: Emma M

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Just Cancel your Patreon Subs.... (Some people might get triggered Here LUL)

Maybe than he will move his A$$ to get back more Support

Don't get me Wrong i love to Support Dev's if they Work Hard on the Project.
The updates for this game were pretty regular, now when Alorth posted that this game will be updated at the same time as Radiant it was reason to worry... Radiant is awful with updates

allosa

Sep 6, 2018
Just Cancel your Patreon Subs.... (Some people might get triggered Here LUL)

Maybe than he will move his A$$ to get back more Support

Don't get me Wrong i love to Support Dev's if they Work Hard on the Project.
thats what i did already, i'm only subscribed to dev that somewhat keep a steady schedule or that at least pause the pledge if they dont upload anything for months at time

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Well he said in April that things weren't going good for the game and he had to push it back another month, than another update is he is on vacation spearfishing, there is a video of it. But the update would be out in a month. The update should have been out in May. But we are approaching July and still no update.

I supported him for a few months. I don't support him to take my money and use it for his spearfishing trips. He is like a lot of patreons who provide wild excuses why an update is delayed etc. He just is making bank across 3 games he is working on.

Reactions: inealora
4.00 star(s) 86 Votes