slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I can understand that it wasnt towards you..ive notice this alot on many reviews..Most quick reviews are made just to bash the game itself,than facts of it being a good or well thought up one or people that cant wait..Often the pressure may cause the dev to stop or possible to not want to share their game
Yeah, it's not really fair to bash on the first few releases. Criticism of reviews has come up a bit more lately. People complaining about the lack of sex in an erotic game, or who the MC can have sex with, or the appearance of a trans character in an otherwise straight game (even though you can decline any interactions with the character). Those early negative reviews also hurt the devs in another way....lack of patrons. If they get hit hard at the beginning, they'll never gather any momentum and they end up with few patrons no matter how good the game ends up being. Games that start strong may end up with a ton of Patrons yet are unfinished years and years later. It's crazy.

Reactions: Emma M

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Yeah, it's not really fair to bash on the first few releases. Criticism of reviews has come up a bit more lately. People complaining about the lack of sex in an erotic game, or who the MC can have sex with, or the appearance of a trans character in an otherwise straight game (even though you can decline any interactions with the character). Those early negative reviews also hurt the devs in another way....lack of patrons. If they get hit hard at the beginning, they'll never gather any momentum and they end up with few patrons no matter how good the game ends up being. Games that start strong may end up with a ton of Patrons yet are unfinished years and years later. It's crazy.
OMG, you mean we have to wait for another 2GB update unfinished years and years later?

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
OMG, you mean we have to wait for another 2GB update unfinished years and years later?
I hope not...that happens far too often which is part of the reason I'm never a Patron for a game in-progress. I'll sign up to be a Patron based on the completion of one game...as a reward for delivering the previous game. There are games that are 4 and 5 years in the making that are still unfinished (looking at you Summertime Saga) that still have a ton of patrons. Crazy.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I was able to compress the file size a good amount already of the game, but I expect the game having around a 20gb file size at the end.

I hope not...that happens far too often which is part of the reason I'm never a Patron for a game in-progress. I'll sign up to be a Patron based on the completion of one game...as a reward for delivering the previous game. There are games that are 4 and 5 years in the making that are still unfinished (looking at you Summertime Saga) that still have a ton of patrons. Crazy.
Yeah well, Neko Paradise is still kinda scratching the surface for everything I have planned, since I'm also working as animator for Perverteer, Artist for Radiant and teaching 3 other apprentices, I'm having a bit of a hard time to put enough hours of work into the game to make huge updates.
Not to mention the type of game it is also makes coding take away time.
Of course I hope this changes a bit, since one of my apprentices is starting to help with game production on Neko Paradise.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
I was able to compress the file size a good amount already of the game, but I expect the game having around a 20gb file size at the end.

Yeah well, Neko Paradise is still kinda scratching the surface for everything I have planned, since I'm also working as animator for Perverteer, Artist for Radiant and teaching 3 other apprentices, I'm having a bit of a hard time to put enough hours of work into the game to make huge updates.
Not to mention the type of game it is also makes coding take away time.
Of course I hope this changes a bit, since one of my apprentices is starting to help with game production on Neko Paradise.
I enjoy your artwork. I hope by the end you can tell a good and entertaining story to go along with the visuals. Good humor as well. I wish you the best.

Aug 20, 2020
hey, Slayer,

not really "crazy" when one sees it from a business perspective: the longer patrons invest on a game, the more its developers make financially. on the other hand, it's not like Indie or VN Game development is in a bubble of prosperity; far from it.
i guess when someone takes her/his time and resources and gets into this industry, s/he tries to see the big picture, and begins thinking ahead — meaning: the first game pays for more resources as well as the next, the second game pays for the third, and so forth.
the reason why patrons are necessary.
yet, i tend to follow the same principle: be a patron after the game's completion, as a reward to the developers' effort.

cheers.

Reactions: EZ8lt and slayer991

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
It's easy guys we just have to clone Alorth, that way he can spend more time working on neko paradise.
Why stop with just cloning him?
We could clone him many many times, and sell versions that have been custom brainwashed to create each persons perfect game developer, who always creates games exactly the way the end purchaser wants...

For an additional fee, they could even be brainwashed to wear a french maids outfit and cat ears, and do housework when not working on games.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Sinister

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
what's the differance between this v0.10 and the one that was posted a few days ago?
Just the 2 bug fixes? Why wasnt that just a patch?

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
what's the differance between this v0.10 and the one that was posted a few days ago?
Just the 2 bug fixes? Why wasnt that just a patch?
The game files are setup in a complicated way at moment and the bugs are inside the character files.
There are actually also grammar fixes on most files.
I plan to make bugfixes easier in the future, but it needs a lot of changes at moment.
One way or another, having separate files only works on windows, you can't do it for Android and Mac as far as I know, unless you have a app just for that.

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes