motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Well, yeah... I guess that's why a lot of folks like to do multiple play throughs - to find out? I've done that a few times but mostly I play the "light" paths and am not interested in the dark choices. In this case, though, I was looking for answers from the one who was responsible - not her sister. So, for me, it wasn't really a choice at all. I try not to kill the innocent as retribution against the guilty - where possible... That's not "dark" to me. It's downright evil.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Hmmm, didn't like the Serena choice in this update to be honest.

It felt too light or too dark in my opinion. A choice to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kinda felt bad taking dark decision on that one, but after trying light choice, it was just "come on, seriously? That's it? One stern line and she's off the hook?"

Still don't like it, neither choice really feels right.

Dark is just outright evil for no sense.

Light is overly forgiving. "You've done something immensely bad that resulted in something horrible happening. Don't do it again, ok? See you later."

HerkkuPeukku

Jul 12, 2023
I loved this game, but notice the past form. God damn that Selena thing was so fucked up. I loaded the whole game before Selena and all the choices I chose were negative for that bitch and then through the editor all the selena values were -500 and Selena_Alive FALSE. Didn't help. Yet that shit still lives on so I started pressing the ctrl button. I might not play the next version. It doesn't need any fetishes to ruin the game. Should have at least let me kill both Selena and her sister, then there would have been at least some interest to keep playing. I don't fucking care if someone hurts the MC, but don't fucking touch LI. Game Over.

Candy_L

Jul 13, 2023
Hmmm, didn't like the Serena choice in this update to be honest.

It felt too light or too dark in my opinion. A choice to
Kinda felt bad taking dark decision on that one, but after trying light choice, it was just "come on, seriously? That's it? One stern line and she's off the hook?"

Still don't like it, neither choice really feels right.

Light is overly forgiving. "You've done something immensely bad that resulted in something horrible happening. Don't do it again, ok? See you later."
Can you take every light path choices and then kill her :unsure: Contradictory

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Nephilim [v0.4.0] Unofficial Android Port + LaikDink's Multi Mod

- 810Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Just played thru the game.
In one scene MC gets to choose which of the girls he has feelings for. A few scenes later he snaps one of the girl's sister's neck as retribution . Like the posters above, I found the choices rather stark. Black or white, nothing in between.
Guess I will need to have different playthroughs.....

Last edited:

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
the conversation after the second morning training with eliza doesnt make complete sense the concern the mc has with her knowing hes a nephilim should be done right after hes told her not after they spent the night in the same bed

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
It seems as though a few here are glossing over some background lore that's been given throughout the chapters. I made a post a few pages back discussing my thoughts on how the story might develop which can be found here. The tl;dr of it is that Balthazar is most likely the main antagonist and is using Taron as a puppet.

Early on in the prologue the angel Castiel warns MC's parents of Balthazar, and if MC ends up turning to the dark side that he will be forced to "intervene". The angels consider Nephilim a sizable enough threat that if they go on a murderous rampage that they need to take action. Balthazar definitely became powerful enough to avoid death, what happens if he manages to corrupt the MC enough and supercharge him as well?

Additionally, dark powers are specially curated towards killing or inflicting immense amounts of pain on a victim while light powers seem to focus on non-lethal takedowns of threats. BuuPlays is making an intentional design - and story - decision when developing the powers for MC.

The main issue seems to be the question of: what happens if you gain a mix of dark and light powers? Chances are that this might come down to a check of whether you leaned more towards the dark or light path and locking you into that morality for the finale. The dark path will most certainly see the MC either teaming up with Balthazar and slaughtering the entire human race - or even becoming something worse than him. The light path is a bit more complex, especially when considering that if Taron is meant to be the main antagonist instead of Balthazar that he is severely outclassed by a literal demigod. Either way, the epilogue will definitely be drastically different depending on which morality you favored.

I try not to kill the innocent as retribution against the guilty - where possible... That's not "dark" to me. It's downright evil.
That is the entire point of the dark path. You have an MC with no humanity that sees the other races in the same way that we see ants. He has no compassion or empathy, he does whatever he wants whenever he feels like it.

Light is overly forgiving.
I know that there is way more to your post, but the light path is intended to be forgiving. Have you noticed how the powers you get from that path typically involve non-lethal powers? Think of Aang from A:TLA and how his character was written (especially in the finale): a boy who was gifted with insane powers that could either be used lethally, or used to disarm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm separating this part from the content above since this is mostly about the LIs. There seems to be a clear distinction between LIs intended for a dark path, those intended for a light path, and some that fall in between. A clear example of a light path exclusive LI is Sylph due to her race, while Selena is an excellent example of a dark path oriented LI due to her enjoyment of inflicting pain on those she thinks deserve it. Eliza falls somewhere in the middle as she doesn't shy away from killing others (whether they deserve it or not), but doesn't approve of outright evil acts (i.e. killing innocents).

A consequence that may come in the future due to which morality you favored may result in some LIs forcibly ending their relationship with the MC similar to the ones in Fallout: New Vegas or Divinity: Original Sin 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Buu uses Eliza to punish players who favor a dark path playthrough since the dude becomes a murderous psychopath. Seriously, being able to outright kill innocents is not something I thought I'd see in the AVN space (thanks for that awful scene btw...).

To those who made it down here: I apologize for writing such a lengthy post. Hopefully it encourages some more discussion within the thread since this VN is a gem.

single_guy_from_au

Jun 18, 2023
When I play this game (and similar) - I always wonder: how does it feel when you don't have to pay taxes?

But of course, there would not be any Internet either :oops:

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
When I play this game (and similar) - I always wonder: how does it feel when you don't have to pay taxes?

But of course, there would not be any Internet either :oops:
Taxes in theory are for the ruling faction pay for shit and enforcing border control and ownership. without a crown someone would bring freedom to thy lands.

If in the game your character is op you Dont need protection thus fuck taxes.

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
It seems as though a few here are glossing over some background lore that's been given throughout the chapters. I made a post a few pages back discussing my thoughts on how the story might develop which can be found here. The tl;dr of it is that Balthazar is most likely the main antagonist and is using Taron as a puppet.

Early on in the prologue the angel Castiel warns MC's parents of Balthazar, and if MC ends up turning to the dark side that he will be forced to "intervene". The angels consider Nephilim a sizable enough threat that if they go on a murderous rampage that they need to take action. Balthazar definitely became powerful enough to avoid death, what happens if he manages to corrupt the MC enough and supercharge him as well?

Additionally, dark powers are specially curated towards killing or inflicting immense amounts of pain on a victim while light powers seem to focus on non-lethal takedowns of threats. BuuPlays is making an intentional design - and story - decision when developing the powers for MC.

The main issue seems to be the question of: what happens if you gain a mix of dark and light powers? Chances are that this might come down to a check of whether you leaned more towards the dark or light path and locking you into that morality for the finale. The dark path will most certainly see the MC either teaming up with Balthazar and slaughtering the entire human race - or even becoming something worse than him. The light path is a bit more complex, especially when considering that if Taron is meant to be the main antagonist instead of Balthazar that he is severely outclassed by a literal demigod. Either way, the epilogue will definitely be drastically different depending on which morality you favored.

That is the entire point of the dark path. You have an MC with no humanity that sees the other races in the same way that we see ants. He has no compassion or empathy, he does whatever he wants whenever he feels like it.

I know that there is way more to your post, but the light path is intended to be forgiving. Have you noticed how the powers you get from that path typically involve non-lethal powers? Think of Aang from A:TLA and how his character was written (especially in the finale): a boy who was gifted with insane powers that could either be used lethally, or used to disarm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm separating this part from the content above since this is mostly about the LIs. There seems to be a clear distinction between LIs intended for a dark path, those intended for a light path, and some that fall in between. A clear example of a light path exclusive LI is Sylph due to her race, while Selena is an excellent example of a dark path oriented LI due to her enjoyment of inflicting pain on those she thinks deserve it. Eliza falls somewhere in the middle as she doesn't shy away from killing others (whether they deserve it or not), but doesn't approve of outright evil acts (i.e. killing innocents).

A consequence that may come in the future due to which morality you favored may result in some LIs forcibly ending their relationship with the MC similar to the ones in Fallout: New Vegas or Divinity: Original Sin 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Buu uses Eliza to punish players who favor a dark path playthrough since the dude becomes a murderous psychopath. Seriously, being able to outright kill innocents is not something I thought I'd see in the AVN space (thanks for that awful scene btw...).

To those who made it down here: I apologize for writing such a lengthy post. Hopefully it encourages some more discussion within the thread since this VN is a gem.
Great insight as usual! It's fun to read fan-theories :D Only time will tell which ones end up being correct.

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020

I agree with everything u said well done

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
Hopefully the update will rework that truly egregius choice where you either murder an innocent person or let the guilty person walk away with a shrug and "whatever".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: boobsrcool
4.10 star(s) 62 Votes