Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
When she´s the same exact girl, then why the name change? Skyla fits her pefectly, she does not look like a "Chloe" to me...
Well it's something that's been bugging me for a while now. When writing stories, I like to define character names that look and sound different from one another. This to help the casual player from differentiating the characters from each other.

So one thing I usually do (but haven't done with Neuvau) is to have each character's name start with a different letter from the alphabet. So the name of Skyla was clashing with Suzie (they both start with S).

You might thing it has a minor benefit, but people pay a lot less attention and clarity is really important. Especially in plot heavy games.

That also helps in Ren'Py where each character line also helps with writing dialogues with a single letter;

Code:
Sk "This is cool!"
N "Skyla thought this was cool."
Now becomes...

Code:
C "This is cool!"
N "Chloe thought this was cool."
If you consider there are hundred of thousands of lines, that also becomes significant.

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
Well it's something that's been bugging me for a while now. When writing stories, I like to define character names that look and sound different from one another. This to help the casual player from differentiating the characters from each other.

So one thing I usually do (but haven't done with Neuvau) is to have each character's name start with a different letter from the alphabet. So the name of Skyla was clashing with Suzie (they both start with S).

You might thing it has a minor benefit, but people pay a lot less attention and clarity is really important. Especially in plot heavy games.

That also helps in Ren'Py where each character line also helps with writing dialogues with a single letter;

Code:
Sk "This is cool!"
N "Skyla thought this was cool."
Now becomes...

Code:
C "This is cool!"
N "Chloe thought this was cool."
If you consider there are hundred of thousands of lines, that also becomes significant.
Thank you for your time and patience to explain that, from a dev´s pov that makes sense I guess.

From my consumer pov however Chloe18 by GDS is the only one and real "Chloe" in adult games to me. Was one of my first adult games and I still follow the project for over 5 years.

What I want to say is that it´s your game and you have to do whatever floats your boat. I think I will play and chances are high I also will enjoy the new update when it gets released.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Asmodeus_

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Reminds me of Deadly Premonition, which had character names that started with every single alphabet letter. It's a nice way to keep things varied and stop the player from mixing up character names.

• Love
Reactions: Asmodeus_

rex234

Jul 4, 2017
The blonde milf —I assume you mean Maureen— is the most important character in the game. Although, it will take a while till you see her again. She’ll definitely come back, a few releases into the future.

Hmm, about Suzie’s husband, I have no plans of making him a cuck. Is that important? I mean, would that enhance the experience?
It could but more like MC being cuckolded. It could work

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 30 Votes