UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
Anyone else having trouble getting the game to work? I played through it entirely after the first release and had no trouble getting events to trigger and whatnot. Now, I tried starting over because my save had some kind of problem but I can't seem to get events to trigger. Most days the girl just doesn't exist, she's never in any rooms.

This is as far as I can progress, the only thing that I can get to happen now is the 01-D event in the kitchen, that's the only place she shows up and the only event that can be triggered.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
From what I saw in the screenshot, you need to complete her bedroom events (well, the first three) before continuing the kitchen events and newer events. They are basically the only events that serve as triggers for some diffferent events.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
From what I saw in the screenshot, you need to complete her bedroom events before continuing the kitchen events and newer events. They are basically the only events that serve as triggers for some diffferent events.
And it tells you the events that require other events or more stars when you use the events button.

Reactions: UnluckySatan

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Old saves won't work, but you can start the game by skipping the content of past versions of the game — just select the second option when starting the game.
I don't know if you have access to editing the page, but could be nice to put an "old saves don't work" in the main page, also you can request a dev tag too.

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
I don't know if you have access to editing the page, but could be nice to put an "old saves don't work" in the main page, also you can request a dev tag too.
I'll take a look at the forum rules to know the correct place to put this type of information in the thread. And thanks for the suggestion, it's really a good idea.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
From what I saw in the screenshot, you need to complete her bedroom events (well, the first three) before continuing the kitchen events and newer events. They are basically the only events that serve as triggers for some diffferent events.
How can I do the bedroom events if she's NEVER in her bedroom? The only place she will appear is in the kitchen, I just spent more than a week waiting in her bedroom and she never showed up.

I'll just try a new game again.

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
How can I do the bedroom events if she's NEVER in her bedroom? The only place she will appear is in the kitchen, I just spent more than a week waiting in her bedroom and she never showed up.

I'll just try a new game again.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll take a look at these events to see if there's any issues going on. Maybe it's because of some bug, so I need to check it out as soon as possible.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Old saves won't work, but you can start the game by skipping the content of past versions of the game — just select the second option when starting the game.
Maybe put that option in the changelog in the OP, I think most of us go straight to load game, get an error, and freak out o_O
I see you have answered this question a couple of times already, most of the members here aren't too bright :unsure: .... JK :p
It's good to see a DEV that's gets involved Here (y)

RRHW

Feb 9, 2018
I gave it a new playthrough to see how it all plays now, and it's more fluid for sure. I guess my only real issue at the moment is the time periods where Lya isn't anywhere in the apartment. I didn't go digging in the code, so I'm not sure if she follows a schedule or if it's random where she is at a given time. So if you've got a single living room event left, for example, you have nothing much to do other than just skip time in the living room until she appears there. At least at that point if she's not in the right position for the event you're looking for you can go back and forth between rooms until she is. Maybe consider a system where she'll always appear in a particular location as long as you have any unlocked events left in that location. Or maybe that's too much, I'm not too well-versed in coding. That said, there might be something I missed while playing. Not that it's a huge issue, just something I noticed.

No complaints other than that, though. The sex shop was neat. Lya continues to be cute. Looking forward to see more.

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
I gave it a new playthrough to see how it all plays now, and it's more fluid for sure. I guess my only real issue at the moment is the time periods where Lya isn't anywhere in the apartment. I didn't go digging in the code, so I'm not sure if she follows a schedule or if it's random where she is at a given time. So if you've got a single living room event left, for example, you have nothing much to do other than just skip time in the living room until she appears there. At least at that point if she's not in the right position for the event you're looking for you can go back and forth between rooms until she is. Maybe consider a system where she'll always appear in a particular location as long as you have any unlocked events left in that location. Or maybe that's too much, I'm not too well-versed in coding. That said, there might be something I missed while playing. Not that it's a huge issue, just something I noticed.

No complaints other than that, though. The sex shop was neat. Lya continues to be cute. Looking forward to see more.
Thanks for the comment. After considering about the matter for some time, I decided to change the way Lya appears in the apartment's rooms. Currently the system involves a bit of rng, but it seems to be causing frustration for some players, so i decided to change to a different system.

I'll probably go with some sort of schedule where she shows up in certain rooms at specific times, or at least something similar to it. Maybe giving preference to uncompleted events, I don't know. I'll probably have to think about this for a while, as well as do some testing, but I think I can implement it by next week.

Reactions: RRHW

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thanks for the comment. After considering about the matter for some time, I decided to change the way Lya appears in the apartment's rooms. Currently the system involves a bit of rng, but it seems to be causing frustration for some players, so i decided to change to a different system.

I'll probably go with some sort of schedule where she shows up in certain rooms at specific times, or at least something similar to it. Maybe giving preference to uncompleted events, I don't know. I'll probably have to think about this for a while, as well as do some testing, but I think I can implement it by next week.
As a player, I think most people want to feel like they are progressing, even if it's just a little bit. A string of bad luck with the random generators and you as a player feel like you've become stuck and maybe you're missing something.

My suggestions, for what it's worth:
I don't think you have to change the structure of your code too much. That sounds like that would be a lot of work. Maybe instead, increase the number of encounters (have a greater random chance of something happening). The encounters can be smaller if they are more frequent.

Also, I would block it so you can no longer have back to back random encounters, especially in the same room. Seems odd as a player and you burn through a lot of content rather quickly.

I like your game so far. Great concept with lots of possibilities down the road. Look forward to more.

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
The elves were not to blame, in fact it was the other way around. The humans caused the phenomenon (unintentionally), and the impact was far greater on the other side, so now they're trying to redeem themselves. The MC knows this, and he also knows that the elves are going through even worse situations. Currently everyone is just trying to move on with their lives, as there is nothing else they can do (there is no way to reverse what happened, so they need to learn to live together).

But to tell you the truth, the history of the universe won't be the focal point of the game. It will only serve as a background, nothing more. The focal point is the elven tits. And since I'm not using DAZ as a rendering engine, the game has to compensate with something else, which in this case will be the animations. I'm using VAM, so the breast animations have a lot of potential as it's a physics-focused engine.
So basically this is about big tits. Well, good to know. Saves me wasting my bandwidth.

Steppenwolf

Jul 30, 2017
First of all. Thanks for your game, elf plus vanilla? You completely hammered my strike zone!
Lyana is cute and likeable I look forward for more :)

Now some suggestion:

1. Can you remove the violet background in the dialog box, with a transparent one? I tried using this mod https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/ , but it didn't work well. A transparent dialog box with outlined text I think can improve the overall feeling of the game (in my opinion).

2. RNG.
From what I've noticed, the problem is more in the rng part, which is something I used a little bit in the apartment events (sometimes the players may go a long time without encountering any event, and that's probably a huge problem).
RNG, can become a problem really fast, in my opinion, the more events are in a place the less the probability to get the new one, which lead to a frustrating game experiences.
I can see there are already two level of rng, (1)the place Lyana appear and the (2) event itself.
Possible solutions/suggestion are:
A) a time table for each characters in the game, or
B) the game track the new events, giving priority to new events and feeding them to the player. Eg. two array of "events" new_events and old_events. The game check the first "new_events" array if not empty play the first one of the list then put the event played in "old_events" array.
If "new_events" array is empty then take a random event from "old_events" array.
I don't really know, is just a suggestion, if is too much work forget everything I've said.

3. Kisses, I'll be really happy to see kisses, I mean Lyana supple lips are meant to be kissed, right?

Again, thanks for your game. I will look forward for more :)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
So basically this is about big tits. Well, good to know. Saves me wasting my bandwidth.
One character has big tits (and they're not even huge compared to most games here). The other two characters are loli - if that's what you're into.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
First of all. Thanks for your game, elf plus vanilla? You completely hammered my strike zone!

Now some suggestion:

1. Can you remove the violet background in the dialog box, with a transparent one? I tried using this mod https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/ , but it didn't work well. A transparent dialog box with outlined text I think can improve the overall feeling of the game (in my opinion).

2. RNG.

RNG, can become a problem really fast, in my opinion, the more events are in a place the less the probability to get the new one, which lead to a frustrating game experiences.
I can see there are already two level of rng, (1)the place Lyana appear and the (2) event itself.
B) the game track the new events, giving priority to new events and feeding them to the player. Eg. two array of "events" new_events and old_events. The game check the first "new_events" array if not empty play the first one of the list then put the event played in "old_events" array.
If "new_events" array is empty then take a random event from "old_events" array.
I don't really know, is just a suggestion, if is too much work forget everything I've said.

3. Kisses, I'll be really happy to see kisses, I mean Lyana supple lips are meant to be kissed, right?

Once I figured out the mechanics, I just smashed through it by fast forwarding the time until I got a hit on an encounter in the room that had one available.
Maybe I got lucky but I didn't get many repeats of encounters. Seemed more like a sequence. Not sure though. :)

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021

Now some suggestion:

2. RNG.

First, let me thank you for the well thought out comment. This type of comment is really good for the early stages of development of any project like this one.

About the first point, I think it is a very interesting idea. This will also likely help the players in some future android port. I will do some testing before the next release, and if the result turns out good, I will make the change before the release.

About the second point, I will probably go on with some sort of a mix between the two ideas you offered. I was thinking of putting together a schedule for the character's events, rather than continuing with the randomization. And for the second part I'll probably do something similar to what you suggested, prioritizing the unfinished events over the already-completed ones. That way I believe it will improve the gameplay flow, reducing the frustration of waiting for the right event.

About the third point, I thought about it before, but I didn't get to do any tests with the animations. But don't worry, I'll try to do something about it quite soon. Let's hope that everything works out.

And again, thanks for the feedback. o/

Last edited:
Reactions: clowns234

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
As a player, I think most people want to feel like they are progressing, even if it's just a little bit. A string of bad luck with the random generators and you as a player feel like you've become stuck and maybe you're missing something.

My suggestions, for what it's worth:
I don't think you have to change the structure of your code too much. That sounds like that would be a lot of work. Maybe instead, increase the number of encounters (have a greater random chance of something happening). The encounters can be smaller if they are more frequent.

Also, I would block it so you can no longer have back to back random encounters, especially in the same room. Seems odd as a player and you burn through a lot of content rather quickly.

I like your game so far. Great concept with lots of possibilities down the road. Look forward to more.
After considering the matter, I think it's better to change the system a little bit. As I said in the other comment, I'll probably go on with some kind of schedule for Lya's events, where she'll show up in certain rooms at specific times, instead of randomization. I will also try to prioritize the unfinished events over the already-completed ones. This way, it will be possible to reduce much of the frustration of waiting for the right event to appear.

And thanks for the words of encouragement and for the feedback.

Reactions: clowns234

milesld

May 26, 2020

I'm using the same mod (+toggle quick menu). It didn't remove the background for me too, so here's my extra mod:

Code:
init 969:
    screen say(who, what):
        style_prefix "say"
        window:
            id "window"
            if who is not None:
                window:
                    id "namebox"
                    style "namebox"
                    text who id "who"
            text what id "what"
        if not renpy.variant("small"):
            add SideImage() xalign 0.0 yalign 1.0

buff

May 29, 2017
Well, thanks for the feedback. So far the game doesn't have a very wide variety of characters and locations, so you'll spend most of your time inside the apartment. For now you basically don't need a walkthrough or anything similar, you just need to pass the time and play the events that come up, that's why I didn't develop the tasks that much. I put the quest log just in case the player gets stuck somewhere, but even that is not really necessary. From what I've noticed, the problem is more in the rng part, which is something I used a little bit in the apartment events (sometimes the players may go a long time without encountering any event, and that's probably a huge problem).

But it's good to get this kind of criticism, because I can better define which parts I should focus more time on developing. So, I thank you for playing the game and especially for commenting here in the thread. (y)
A good attitude like this (and asbestos underwear) is a health sign for the future of the game.

I hear you emphasizing there is no need for bread crumbs, but I also described a scenario where I, as a fairly typical player, got stuck by doing the sort of thing a normal player might do. Maybe I'm dumber than average, but that's a demographic you need to accommodate as well. At any rate, hanging out in the apartment and surfing through all the rooms for 3 days didn't get the job done, so something is either broken, or not as obvious as you think it is.

(One of the difficulties of any solo software project is the developer is in some ways a very bad person to be the tester, since you're going to look at the game from a unique perspective that is quite different from a typical player.)

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes