UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
I can't stand sandbox games, so when there's no sandbox tag, and I start the game, and I'm going, "neat, a little bit ripping off the whole Shadowrun thing with worlds merging and elves and shit, but whatever, lets see where this goes." Then, out of fucking nowhere:
"BAM!!! SAND BOX MODE!!!"
Thanks for the disappointment dev....
It has the 'sandbox' tag... I asked the moderators to add the tag because some people complained and they added it a while ago. You didn't check it before downloading the game or commenting.

But I confess that I hadn't added the tag in the first release, so if you downloaded the game before, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. At first I hadn't thought about it, but some people warned me about the lack of this tag and I decided to ask the moderators to add it.

Last edited:

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
A good attitude like this (and asbestos underwear) is a health sign for the future of the game.

I hear you emphasizing there is no need for bread crumbs, but I also described a scenario where I, as a fairly typical player, got stuck by doing the sort of thing a normal player might do. Maybe I'm dumber than average, but that's a demographic you need to accommodate as well. At any rate, hanging out in the apartment and surfing through all the rooms for 3 days didn't get the job done, so something is either broken, or not as obvious as you think it is.

(One of the difficulties of any solo software project is the developer is in some ways a very bad person to be the tester, since you're going to look at the game from a unique perspective that is quite different from a typical player.)
I completely agree with you, sometimes it's difficult for the developer to notice all the problems in the project because he/she can be blinded by the whole development process. That was one of the reasons I released the game a little earlier than expected. I needed different opinions, and this has proven to be true with all the feedback I'm getting.

For now, I'm going to focus some of my time on solving some of the issues you've pointed out. I think it's something important, and it's really going to improve the flow of the game. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. o/

Last edited:
Reactions: buff

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I just played a game where it was supposed to be morning and the clock showed a few minutes before 2. :)
Land of the Midnight Sun?

In Steven Spielberg's first film {a TV movie}, Duel, which is one long chase {and if you haven't seen it, you should} there are multiple shots of the car's speedometer, showing that it is Going Very Fast for long stretches of time ... but the odometer reading hardly changes.

{If you haven't seen Duel before, and you do - be ready to be reminded of Jaws...}

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Land of the Midnight Sun?

In Steven Spielberg's first film {a TV movie}, Duel, which is one long chase {and if you haven't seen it, you should} there are multiple shots of the car's speedometer, showing that it is Going Very Fast for long stretches of time ... but the odometer reading hardly changes.

{If you haven't seen Duel before, and you do - be ready to be reminded of Jaws...}
I'm old so I saw Duel when it was on TV the first time. I wasn't old then. :)

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
Random_01.jpg

I'm just dropping by to let you guys know that the entire event system implemented inside the apartment has already been rebuilt. The next release will have the new system included, so soon these changes will be on the forum.

Some points about the new system:

• The character (Lya) now has a fixed schedule inside the apartment. So no more confusion when looking for an event.

• The game will always give priority to unfinished events, following a specific sequence for each room.
— You will only see some sort of randomization after you have completed all active events at that specific room and specific time.
— And when a new event is unlocked, any kind of active randomization will be stopped and the new event will have the priority.

• A new button has been added to indicate Lya's position and to shorten the steps to get to her position.

=========================

I must say, these changes have greatly improved the quality and flow of the gameplay. But I wouldn't have been able to think about all of these changes on my own, without the feedback from everyone who commented here in the thread. So thanks again for testing the game and posting the feedback in the comments, you guys are awesome! (y)

Last edited:

NorthernGent

Jan 13, 2018
Okay, I am confused... If this update is supposed to be Version: 0.01.1b (see page one of this thread), then why is all the download links giving Version: 0.01.2a??? And then the Changelog Spoiler talks about v0.01.2b??? Totally confused!!!

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
New Eden [v0.01.2a] - Weekly Release:

Most of this week's release was focused on restructuring the apartment's event system. But I also spent a lot of time working on a particular event and the result was quite interesting (it was a lot of work but it was worth it).

Version: v0.01.2a

Release Info:
New side events and a new main event.
Restructuring of the apartment's event system.
Bug fixes and a few other things.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Steppenwolf

UnluckySatan

Jul 6, 2021
Okay, I am confused... If this update is supposed to be Version: 0.01.1b (see page one of this thread), then why is all the download links giving Version: 0.01.2a??? And then the Changelog Spoiler talks about v0.01.2b??? Totally confused!!!
The correct version is [v0.01.2a]. The thread was still being updated when you commented, but now it's fixed.

Last edited:

RRHW

Feb 9, 2018
Well, I can happily say that I have no complaints at all anymore. The little icon showing where Lya is is great, and being able to click it to go straight there is even better. If I have some more time, I'll give it another look from the beginning, but I'll assume it all works much better too. The new events are also nice.

• Red Heart
Reactions: UnluckySatan
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes