2.30 star(s) 26 Votes

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
i think vander is talented. he did start the story after all. i wouldn't write him off yet personally.
Has he made any other games for comparison? This is the only one I know, and I am not into rape and suicide. I don't care that he makes games with that kind of stuff, it's just not what I'm into, so I avoid it when I can.

Reactions: Shardoom

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Ok people... Time to explain some shit.

When I took over as the writer for this part, Vander already wrote half the update. The scene with Maria and Daughter confused me also, so I asked what Vanders plan was... I have completely changed it. Vander told me that this was the plan for Maria/the game:

Maria would turn out to be the true daughter, but the girl we know as the daughter would tie up Maria and convince Father to rape her, then she'd hand him a gun and you'd commit suicide at the end of the game. I felt like that was not going to work well so I have different plans for Maria and the daughter. Hopefully they'll make sense and be satisfying.

The final scene... If you're not into the images I can't do anything about that, but if you feel like I'm introducing NTR, you're mistaken. This scene will leave daughter extra horny and more likely to start hooking up with you.

I understand everyone's reactions. I really do. I didn't think of the scene as an issue because I already know where I want it to lead, but everyone's feedback has been of course very important to me.

If you have played the game in English, you've been reading my words. I completely rewrote the English scripts, if you recall. This update was weird because of the Maria twist that I am not going with. It was weird because of the bdsm scene. It was weird because the father somehow gets a blowjob at the cafe out of nowhere. I didn't write any of these scenes' plots. I simply scripted what I had. I'm plotting the rest of the game now, though.

Some of you have stuff you'll avoid FF because of my work in part 5 here, but I believe that to be a bit disingenuous; I worked with the materials I had to get the game out and avoid further delays. Check out FF if you want to see what I can do when I am plotting and writing the entire story.

You may or may not trust me with this game, but I hope you give me one more chance; one more update to reign the story.
First off, I totally 100% agree that going a suicide route would have been completely disastrous...

...see spoiler for the rest of my reply, as it includes some current story spoilers...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

VanderGames

Game Writer & Dev.
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Actually, suicide would be one of the possible endings of the game. For example, if you have not collected enough hearts.

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

VanderGames

Game Writer & Dev.
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2017
Has he made any other games for comparison? This is the only one I know, and I am not into rape and suicide. I don't care that he makes games with that kind of stuff, it's just not what I'm into, so I avoid it when I can.
This is my first game. I'm learning how to work with rendering programs and programming languages on it. Therefore, I read everything that people write to improve the quality of my work. And when I start another project, all the mistakes made will be taken into account. In the meantime, me and V.A.Laurie need to complete this project and gain even more experience.

MrT37

Nov 26, 2017
Ok people... Time to explain some shit....
I was pledging to this for the first few updates but the writing got really derivative so I noped out, glad to hear someone else is at the helm as Vander's plan sounded psychotic. I'll check out FF and if that's any good, I may return my pledge for this at some point.

Fingers crossed you can save it from the depths of impending irrelevance.

Last edited:

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Maria would turn out to be the true daughter, but the girl we know as the daughter would tie up Maria and convince Father to rape her, then she'd hand him a gun and you'd commit suicide at the end of the game.
Jesus christ

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Actually, suicide would be one of the possible endings of the game. For example, if you have not collected enough hearts.
It's your baby, but suicide in any game/VN where the player/reader is in semi-control of the protagonist, may sound like a creative ending... But in reality, it's a story killer... And it would be an over the top punishment of the reader/player...

In any case, if it goes from a light-hearted, fun, and entertaining love story type VN/game to a super dark blackmail/forced rape/suicide story, you can definitely count on a mass-exodus...

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
As long as it is Scottish, Irish or American Whiskey, I am in! None of that Canadian stuff as it makes me crazy...
b9b94a100863f98bead5273f76a654c8.jpg
Whats wrong with Canadian whiskey?? Lol

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but the woman's in this are freaking ugly, except for the daughter, she's not too bad, but not that good either

SaiakuOtaku

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, I enjoyed this, but after reading through the forums here. I think I'm gonna hold off and rather come back after the next update/patch. This seems rather dark for my taste at the moment. Still i got to give credit where its due, I like your quality animations and renders. Hope you keep up the good work.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Wow I have to say I'm surprised by the reaction to the final scene of the update.
It definitely came out of left field, so I understand the reaction (though I thought the blueballing would soften people's reactions).

What I would like to say is that if you intend to drop the BDSM stuff out of future updates, that will also impact the story. There will be a significant side of the daughter character that will just vanish as soon as it appeared, making the whole thing seem like the story is just cobbled together (which it apparently was, to be fair).

Another matter, perhaps more important, is that with that scene the daughter became much sluttier. That's harder to retcon IMO, and more likely to drive the current audience away. You can spin it into a nice storyline, but it will first require decisively rebuilding trust with the audience about their understanding of your characters and mode of story. Revelations are fine, re-imaginings are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Rider

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
It definitely came out of left field, so I understand the reaction (though I thought the blueballing would soften people's reactions).

What I would like to say is that if you intend to drop the BDSM stuff out of future updates, that will also impact the story. There will be a significant side of the daughter character that will just vanish as soon as it appeared, making the whole thing seem like the story is just cobbled together (which it apparently was, to be fair).

Another matter, perhaps more important, is that with that scene the daughter became much sluttier. That's harder to retcon IMO, and more likely to drive the current audience away. You can spin it into a nice storyline, but it will first require decisively rebuilding trust with the audience about their understanding of your characters and mode of story. Revelations are fine, re-imaginings are not.
Whats done is done, put the pretend-daughter on the back burner doing her own thing trying to do villainous things shes planning to father and focus on the sweetheart real daughter thats the maid

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
@Zippity
Overall, even with it's slightly odd character models and the few quirks in the story now and then, I was getting into the story and enjoying the experience, up until all those plot twists and sex scenes just got thrown, into one giant heap, in the last half of Day 5, out of nowhere... Even the protagonist was thrown to the wolves, or girls, in the coffee shop with an out of nowhere sex scene opportunity right before the S&M stuff...

@tidus
BDSM is not the problem but the impending NTR

@deoclitian
I agree, very poor update , I mean this update is like a death sentence for the game itself , is just terrible

@Shardoom
Moving forward won't be an issue. Having the daughter blow some random fucktard has driven a good chunk of your players away. Unless you change that it'll still all be fucked...

Just finished this.
And read the comments - have to agree!
Seems like another game that had (has?) good potential - just going for a huge dump!
Was enjoying the original story also - then...?
Seems they are running out of ideas or sense of direction already?

@V.A. Laurie
Game Writer & Editor
You may or may not trust me with this game, but I hope you give me one more chance; one more update to reign the story.

We'll see - but - what the??
Doesn't seem like ?
Arrgh !!! :FeelsBadMan:
Worst - ill conceived twist and ... ???
Wait and see - but not really that very optimistic to be honest.;)

@V.A. Laurie - do your have any other game scripts that you have written that can back that statement up?

Last edited:

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
@Zippity
Overall, even with it's slightly odd character models and the few quirks in the story now and then, I was getting into the story and enjoying the experience, up until all those plot twists and sex scenes just got thrown, into one giant heap, in the last half of Day 5, out of nowhere... Even the protagonist was thrown to the wolves, or girls, in the coffee shop with an out of nowhere sex scene opportunity right before the S&M stuff...

@tidus
BDSM is not the problem but the impending NTR

@deoclitian
I agree, very poor update , I mean this update is like a death sentence for the game itself , is just terrible

@Shardoom
Moving forward won't be an issue. Having the daughter blow some random fucktard has driven a good chunk of your players away. Unless you change that it'll still all be fucked...

Just finished this.
And read the comments - have to agree!
Seems like another game that had (has?) good potential - just going for a huge dump!
Was enjoying the original story also - then...?
Seems they are running out of ideas or sense of direction already?

@V.A. Laurie
Game Writer & Editor

We'll see - but - what the??
Doesn't seem like ?
Arrgh !!! :FeelsBadMan:
Worst - ill conceived twist and ... ???
Wait and see - but not really that very optimistic to be honest.;)

@V.A. Laurie - do your have any other game scripts that you have written that can back that statement up?
Freeloading family - I'm writing that also

But I wanted to say that I'm going to be off this site for a bit. Need to focus on the game, not these comments. Hopefully everyone is at the very least curious about what is to come, and I want to make sure it's something enjoyable.

I'll pop in at some point in the future, so keep the debates and feedback coming!

U

User_10739

View attachment 54208
Whats wrong with Canadian whiskey?? Lol
Rye makes me go wild, I break things, I fight, I blackout, I am a total asshole. No other whiskey does that to me... Perhaps I am allergic to rye or whatever grain mixture is used because it does not take much to make it happen.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Freeloading family - I'm writing that also

But I wanted to say that I'm going to be off this site for a bit. Need to focus on the game, not these comments. Hopefully everyone is at the very least curious about what is to come, and I want to make sure it's something enjoyable.

I'll pop in at some point in the future, so keep the debates and feedback coming!
In The BDSM scene the girls model looked unbelievable better than the current one, any plans for an overall uprade?

2.30 star(s) 26 Votes