4.50 star(s) 14 Votes

xayaz

Feb 28, 2018
I noticed that the in-battle display of an opponent's stamina always shows "Her stamina is at 100%" (with sufficient perception). Turns out the recent refactor to use "Pools" missed a few spots that still refer to the old stamina, arousal, and mojo member variables, which aren't connected to the new Pool meters.

The attached diff fixes the in-battle stamina report and probably fixes a few other minor regressions from a handful of outdated references.

How does SilverBard like to receive patches/pull requests?

Edit: Hard mode is also broken. It relies on cloning the entire Combat class in order to simulate each move. Character.pools is a HashMap, which implements shallow clone, so the underlying meters aren't cloned; the cloned character shares stamina etc. meters with the actual character. As a result, all of the NPC's "simulated" moves actually affect the player, and if there are enough available moves this basically stun-locks the player. This can be fixed easily enough, but there is still something wrong that causes an intermittent softlock--the message screen just goes blank under circumstances that I haven't been able to pin down.

Here is the appropriate code to deep-clone the pools in Character::clone():

Java:
        HashMap<Pool, Meter> map = new HashMap<>();
        for (HashMap.Entry<Pool, Meter> e : pools.entrySet()) {
            if (map.put(e.getKey(), e.getValue().clone()) != null) {
                throw new IllegalStateException("Duplicate key");
            }
        }
        c.pools = map;

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I noticed that the in-battle display of an opponent's stamina always shows "Her stamina is at 100%" (with sufficient perception). Turns out the recent refactor to use "Pools" missed a few spots that still refer to the old stamina, arousal, and mojo member variables, which aren't connected to the new Pool meters.

The attached diff fixes the in-battle stamina report and probably fixes a few other minor regressions from a handful of outdated references.

Edit: Hard mode is also broken. It relies on cloning the entire Combat class in order to simulate each move. Character.pools is a HashMap, which implements shallow clone, so the underlying meters aren't cloned; the cloned character shares stamina etc. meters with the actual character. As a result, all of the NPC's "simulated" moves actually affect the player, and if there are enough available moves this basically stun-locks the player. This can be fixed easily enough, but there is still something wrong that causes an intermittent softlock--the message screen just goes blank under circumstances that I haven't been able to pin down.

Java:
            }
        }
        c.pools = map;
You should have tagged The Silver Bard in your post to hopefully make sure it gets his attention.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Java:
            }
        }
        c.pools = map;
Thank you for your work.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017

Java:
            }
        }
        c.pools = map;
Thank you, this is very much appreciated. I'll get these changes added to a bugfix tonight or tomorrow.

It's possible not all of these scenes are implemented.
There are a few placeholders for Sofia, but all of the rest should be viewable.

Reactions: mago91

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
I must be the only one who doesn't understand the point system, because I haven't found anyone asking about this... All of the characters are getting a mismatch between victories and points for me (more victories than points). For example, my last try had my character with 8 victories but only 5 points. I thought getting the other character to climax first meant my character got a point, so what exactly am I missing? Am I getting into battles with characters that don't give any points or...?

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
I must be the only one who doesn't understand the point system, because I haven't found anyone asking about this... All of the characters are getting a mismatch between victories and points for me (more victories than points). For example, my last try had my character with 8 victories but only 5 points. I thought getting the other character to climax first meant my character got a point, so what exactly am I missing? Am I getting into battles with characters that don't give any points or...?
Points are earned based on that night's ranking. Whoever has the most victories gets 5 pts. 2nd gets 3pts, 3rd. 2pts, 4th. 1pt, and last gets no points.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Points are earned based on that night's ranking. Whoever has the most victories gets 5 pts. 2nd gets 3pts, 3rd. 2pts, 4th. 1pt, and last gets no points.
Hmm... I see, thank you for the info. :) Perhaps, if I had kept playing a while longer I would have figured the pattern...
I'm curious about victory ties though, on another try both my character and Cassie had 5 victories, yet Cassie got 5 points while my character only got 3. Is the decision here based on the number of underwear obtained, or how is it decided who wins when characters tie on victories?

Taisha

Aug 27, 2017
Main post still says it's version RE Bugfix 3 Premium (even though the download links say that the version is RE Bugfix 5 Premium, which is correct), and the download links all go to the EXE version (even the ones that say they're for the JAR version).

johncletus

Jul 23, 2018
Any information on any of the game modifiers or if there's a way to make it like nightgames mod where you can cum multiple times?

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Maybe I shouldn't ask, but have they fixed the AI obnoxiously abusing position moves?
Jewel, seriously... Even the other AI girls are probably begging for you to bench her permanently. And Yui wasn't any better.

wishwash

Jul 31, 2017
The download links for the jar version and the exe version seem to be the same. I tried to download the jar version but it ended up being the exe instead.

Reactions: Taisha

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
ive seen people ask and get no answers but ill try my luck and ask, Could someone Please Explain how i properly install the more pegging mod or at least point me in the right direction clearly. It would be very much appreciated.

Reactions: KnowledgeAlfa
4.50 star(s) 14 Votes