Kiegra

Mar 22, 2020
God every time I log in and check the notification its just poeple b!tching that there's no update and/or saying the dev abandoned the game, and then the other side getting mad at the first for their whining and yelling at them the dev is posting on their blog.
i got my comment deleted for trying to stop that cycle :( looks like the mods wants the "debate" to continue

• Sad
Reactions: bloodmane

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
God every time I log in and check the notification its just poeple b!tching that there's no update and/or saying the dev abandoned the game, and then the other side getting mad at the first for their whining and yelling at them the dev is posting on their blog.
The fact that the game is at least 3/4 done somehow escapes their understanding?

Jinpaku

Mar 4, 2019
Bloodstained came out after this game was well into development. :unsure:
I see.

I can't read 日本語, but from what I understood looking at the developer's blog, he started dev (or started blogging) around 2014, showing off the character currently used at the end of 2015 / early 2016. Bloodstained was imagined in 2014, went into kickstarter/development in 2015.

However, Bullet Requiem was the game that came out before Bloodstained's existence, not this one. This one started dev in 2016, and appears to have first released a demo in 2017. I just saw the 2020 date on f95 and didn't bother researching anything until now.

So, technically, Bloodstained came first, but this has been publicly playable for 2 years longer, albeit completely unfinished.

Regardless, my point about the gameplay still stands: Bloodstained is far superior.. even though personally I felt like it was quite average compared to something like Symphony of the Night.

Also, another platformer H-game similar to the ones I mentioned is .. but it's uh, made for furries.

Reactions: bloodmane

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
the notion "this game ripped of this game" just bc the other is earlier is stupid though. just bc they are both similar and they both exist doesnt mean devs copied other devs...

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Jinpaku
I think this game (NOR) is better in terms of content and there is no furry. + that game (kincaid) tries too hard to be friendly, not good for her, in general, this game (NOR) resembles castlevania symphony of the night or even closer castlevania mirror of fate. and Kincaid resembles mix with mega man, a little some Earthworm Jim and jazz jackrabbit.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I see.

I can't read 日本語, but from what I understood looking at the developer's blog, he started dev (or started blogging) around 2014, showing off the character currently used at the end of 2015 / early 2016. Bloodstained was imagined in 2014, went into kickstarter/development in 2015.

However, Bullet Requiem was the game that came out before Bloodstained's existence, not this one. This one started dev in 2016, and appears to have first released a demo in 2017. I just saw the 2020 date on f95 and didn't bother researching anything until now.

So, technically, Bloodstained came first, but this has been publicly playable for 2 years longer, albeit completely unfinished.

Regardless, my point about the gameplay still stands: Bloodstained is far superior.. even though personally I felt like it was quite average compared to something like Symphony of the Night.

Also, another platformer H-game similar to the ones I mentioned is .. but it's uh, made for furries.
d2e9402d54d1891bb1b2db29120d5253ee6c8f8e90132af64b585fcbb5b2f8c3.jpg

Spawn Point Setter

Formerly 'TryHardPimp'
Aug 14, 2017
I know this has been posted somewhere before but I can't seem to find it. But how do you navigate the main menu? When I first open it wasd, arrow keys and mouse won't work.

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
the notion "this game ripped of this game" just bc the other is earlier is stupid though. just bc they are both similar and they both exist doesnt mean devs copied other devs...
Nothing wrong with being inspired by something, and NoR is inspired heavily by Bloodborne, it's painfully obvious.

Reactions: secretlydiscarded

Faithful Lumi

Jan 12, 2019
To be honest, the only egregious sin this game has committed is that it has set my standards a little too high for other side scrolling Hgames and I can't seem to find any others I like now.

I am mostly kidding but this really is a fantastic game. I hope the dev is doing better health wise, though.

4.50 star(s) 79 Votes