error418

Dec 19, 2017
Really hope he decides to release on Steam or some other platform that has no qualms with patchable censoring

Dec 29, 2017
Really hope he decides to release on Steam or some other platform that has no qualms with patchable censoring
Some people in the replies of his tweet mentioned about maybe selling it on ci-en by making a plan that would cost the same as the retail price. Obviously you got steam but we don’t know if there will be any restrictions or agreements with DLsite that would prevent them from selling it on a different platform for awhile or at all.
Also I don’t think steam would have issues with patchable censorship since I’m pretty sure there’s been some games sold on the site that has had patches released by the developers on 3rd party sites for download.

Sarage

Jan 29, 2019
To even consider whether modyfying a game for personal enjoyment is illegal...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And I thought Japan would not surprise me anymore.

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
Censorship sucks, period. Whether it's forcing an artist to modify their work or say a Twitter mob cancelling anyone because they don't share the same political opinions, it's all the same to me. It all falls under freedom of speech and to Hell with those who oppose it. It's stress no one needs in this already crummy world. Japan really needs to do away with that law, too.

Reactions: dragonsix6969
Dec 29, 2017
Censorship sucks, period. Whether it's forcing an artist to modify their work or say a Twitter mob cancelling anyone because they don't share the same political opinions, it's all the same to me. It all falls under freedom of speech and to Hell with those who oppose it. It's stress no one needs in this already crummy world. Japan really needs to do away with that law, too.
That’s gonna be a difficult one to change seeing how Japan tends to have the older leadership be hard pressed to change anything

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
I recommend checking the creators Twitter ( ) I feel really bad for him, it looks like he was already overworked with all the stuff and having to censor everything is the nail in the coffin, at this point I'm not hoping the game is released, I'm hoping he doesn't die before releasing it.

Drybear

Aug 31, 2020
DLsite isn't just following the "law". The content is censored the way D-Lis was planning to release it. What they're doing is extra and is fucking someone over who's already probably burnt out.

Japanese government, like all government, is completely retarded and illegitimate. I think we can all agree on this. They have even criminalized online insults... So if I was in Japan I could potentially face being locked in a cage for a whole year for this comment. Lmao.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
I recommend checking the creators Twitter ( ) I feel really bad for him, it looks like he was already overworked with all the stuff and having to censor everything is the nail in the coffin, at this point I'm not hoping the game is released, I'm hoping he doesn't die before releasing it.
if so, he needs support now more than ever.

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
DLsite isn't just following the "law". The content is censored the way D-Lis was planning to release it. What they're doing is extra and is fucking someone over who's already probably burnt out.

Japanese government, like all government, is completely retarded and illegitimate. I think we can all agree on this. They have even criminalized online insults... So if I was in Japan I could potentially face being locked in a cage for a whole year for this comment. Lmao.
Yes ofc DLSite is being strict, haven't you heard of for which the creators were charged? THEY CAN PUT U IN PRISON!!! Not only D-lis, but also DLsite would be held accountable for distributing content with easily removable censors, and I think for DLsite it's not worth the risk. Blame the government for this stupid ass law, but not DLsite.

Last edited:
Reactions: f9account

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
To be fair, DLsite does this for every game with easily removable censors if they catch it.

They did the same thing with Atelier Tia, that I remember, and there were likely others.

Some games still get past them since they have limits to how easily they can tell that a game is easy to de-censor, but it's not because they're not trying to catch them.

At the end of the day, DLsite is not to blame for this. If they don't do this, and it's provable by law, they can get into really serious shit for allowing it.

MingXiao

Aug 9, 2021
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 29, 2017
I think this really caught D-lis off guard cause he’s first game had the censorship impossible to remove so he didn’t have much issues. I’m guessing when he started development on NOR and started to use the Unity engine and it’s censorship it was probably more convenient at the time and didn’t think it would be an issues down the line. He did make a comment on one of the demo post way back saying “please stop asking for me to remove the censorship cause that’s illegal” if I remember it correctly.
At this point I don’t think having the censorship be removable is his main focus, he just want to release a game he’s worked so hard on for many years. He’s getting a lot of support via the Ci-en tip system and mentioned in his recent post that “he wishes that he could give something in return for all the support so far”

Reactions: AFuglyMunchkin

Drybear

Aug 31, 2020
Yes ofc DLSite is being strict, haven't you heard of for which the creators were charged? THEY CAN PUT U IN PRISON!!! Not only D-lis, but also DLsite would be held accountable for distributing content with easily removable censors, and I think for DLsite it's not worth the risk. Blame the government for this stupid ass law, but not DLsite.
No, never heard of that, thanks for the link!! I do blame government AND statists who support it. Never had to be this way.

Guato

Jan 24, 2020
and there is no other platform where to sell the game? I don't know (steam?) I saw that many people recommended him to use steam but... he doesn't even read them, is there a law so that he can't use steam or something like that?

dhereaper

Dec 4, 2017
Why not release game on something else than DlSite? Like the main reason i won't buy the game is cause it will be censored. Will deliberatly wait for pirated version.

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
Why not release game on something else than DlSite? Like the main reason i won't buy the game is cause it will be censored. Will deliberatly wait for pirated version.
When are you people gonna realize this... There has to be a publisher in another country which releases the game under it's name, for example Kagura games which translate the games and offer an uncensored version since it's exclusively sold in the west by a company in the west. D-lis himself CAN'T do that since he would CIRCUMVENT JAPANESE LAW. For such publishers to publish the game they usually first translate it, which depending on when they announce that they are working on it could take minimum 1 year.

So instead of being a dickhead u could also just buy it and wait for somebody to uncensor it in here, if that is what holds you back from buying it.

Reactions: Beggarman
4.50 star(s) 80 Votes