dude_every

Jul 4, 2018
I tried the boned mod and I should say it is difficult, at the cost of being stupid, tedious and annoying.

1. The "you get grabbed near enemy" mechanic. The first tutorial boss demonstrates it at its worst, you can get chain-grabbed by this boss. The moment you free from the first grab you obviously try to dash away from him only for him to dash in the same direction and grab you again. There isn't enough time to dash away from an enemy if you happen to dash into one like that. I hope it's turned off for the "fatality" bosses and enemies, I didn't check.
I think increasing the timer for getting grabbed for a second or so would help. Or getting rid of it altogether, it's a game about melee combat, it's unavoidable that we're going to dance around enemies all the time and stand next to them waiting for their move.

2. The "struggle" mechanic. You have to struggle for a very long time. What I understood from the mod description is that you need to struggle in short rapid bursts to have the greater chances to escape (low stamina consumption = good escape chance), however I still manage to struggle free only what feels like 50% of the time.
The funny part about randomness is that it is random even if you have good chances. I suggest tying the randomness to the luck stat, this way those who get caught often can compensate the randomness. Maybe even writing out the exact chances at full stamina and given luck. Or make a different mechanic, for example the "The downfall of Hasumi" mod for the "Mission mermaiden" has a great one. It can screw you over too but at least that happens mainly when you are low on HP and not ALL THE TIME.

3. Le "you can't get up until you have 100% stamina". I HEAVILY suggest decreasing the percentage to 50%. Because what happens is, if you are kicked to 0 stamina by a heavy blow and are not in reach of any enemies you just lie for idk like 20 seconds (you can spam attack to cut the time to 18 seconds, very useful (no)) and during these 20 seconds I can go and grab a snack in the kitchen, for example. Complete waste of time.
How to fix: half the percentage required to 50%, maybe make the "cast magic" button refill stamina using mana.

All these problems together create a horrible abomination of an experience: you get punched to 0 stamina from 100, you wait for the monster to slowly approach you, you don't manage to get up in time with 95% stamina and 80% hp, you now struggle through the whole animation despite having "high chances" to escape, you are let go, you dash into another/the same enemy's radius trying to escape and it goes on. It doesn't make the game hard, it just makes the game punish you by wasting your time. It's often faster to alt+f4 and retry from the last save then to go through the punishment phase.

The mod needs finetuning. I like the ideas in the mod, they cover the game in places where it lacks but they are implemented in such an irritating way it just takes away all the fun.
Everything else is cool though! Especially aphrodisiac, it was extremely underused in the game. I hope my insight is useful.

I hope you'll look into it, I gave you my posting virginity for that XD

NOR BonedMod:
This mod is very much a work in progress!
Description:

Download v1.0 : Mega
SHA256: 56AEF005ECE61835CDD33E4C633208CD1878BB72DC64763B0891722A7BD1CDF0
SHA1: DE9338AB3817172890191F380567F464DA152D02

Installation:

Removal:

Code:
1.0:
* Increased first boss difficulty
* Numerous other fixes

Dev build 5c:
* Grab now damages player
* Birthing animation no longer escapable, pinning stamina to 0

Dev build 5b:
* Enabled immediate get up around new mechanic
* Added nerfs to dog boss and butcher grabs

Dev build 5a:
* Fixed a couple patch bugs
* Added unique grapple mechanics to clock monster and white inquisition

Dev build 5:
* Added aphrodesiac to sex
* Removed struggle from use key, improved struggle effect since it can't be spammed as quickly
* Added creampie to all sex
* Impregnation timer can be reset with down + use keys
* Impregnation timer or pregnancy timer can be cleared from a save point
* Ejaculation boosts impregnation timer
* Sex slowly removes XP
* Ejaculation damages HP

Dev build 4:
* Added slowdown to dashing through monsters
* Removed more grabs from specific monsters

Dev build 3:
* Prevent monsters from grabbing while stunned by parry
* Removed more grabs from specific monsters and training dummy
* Adjusted struggle curves to be marginally better luck

Dev build 2:
* Enemies can now grab you if you stand too close
* Enemies move 10% faster
* Enemies have 10-15% more HP
* Enemies have 10% more toughness
* Enemies falter duration reduced 25%
* Enemies heal a small amount each time they clap cheeks
* Bigoni has special struggle stats so he is easier to escape

Dev build 1:
* Knockdowns sap stamina
* Knocked down staming regen is slower based on how much HP is missing
* Stand up from knockdown requires full stamina
* Escaping from sex uses stamina
* Escape attempts have a random chance of success
* Enemies will overcompensate to you struggling frequently, making it harder to struggle so maybe it is a good idea to try to catch them off guard...
* Guarding hits consumes more stamina

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I tried the boned mod and I should say it is difficult, at the cost of being stupid, tedious and annoying.

1. The "you get grabbed near enemy" mechanic. The first tutorial boss demonstrates it at its worst, you can get chain-grabbed by this boss. The moment you free from the first grab you obviously try to dash away from him only for him to dash in the same direction and grab you again. There isn't enough time to dash away from an enemy if you happen to dash into one like that. I hope it's turned off for the "fatality" bosses and enemies, I didn't check.
I think increasing the timer for getting grabbed for a second or so would help. Or getting rid of it altogether, it's a game about melee combat, it's unavoidable that we're going to dance around enemies all the time and stand next to them waiting for their move.

2. The "struggle" mechanic. You have to struggle for a very long time. What I understood from the mod description is that you need to struggle in short rapid bursts to have the greater chances to escape (low stamina consumption = good escape chance), however I still manage to struggle free only what feels like 50% of the time.
The funny part about randomness is that it is random even if you have good chances. I suggest tying the randomness to the luck stat, this way those who get caught often can compensate the randomness. Maybe even writing out the exact chances at full stamina and given luck. Or make a different mechanic, for example the "The downfall of Hasumi" mod for the "Mission mermaiden" has a great one. It can screw you over too but at least that happens mainly when you are low on HP and not ALL THE TIME.

3. Le "you can't get up until you have 100% stamina". I HEAVILY suggest decreasing the percentage to 50%. Because what happens is, if you are kicked to 0 stamina by a heavy blow and are not in reach of any enemies you just lie for idk like 20 seconds (you can spam attack to cut the time to 18 seconds, very useful (no)) and during these 20 seconds I can go and grab a snack in the kitchen, for example. Complete waste of time.
How to fix: half the percentage required to 50%, maybe make the "cast magic" button refill stamina using mana.

All these problems together create a horrible abomination of an experience: you get punched to 0 stamina from 100, you wait for the monster to slowly approach you, you don't manage to get up in time with 95% stamina and 80% hp, you now struggle through the whole animation despite having "high chances" to escape, you are let go, you dash into another/the same enemy's radius trying to escape and it goes on. It doesn't make the game hard, it just makes the game punish you by wasting your time. It's often faster to alt+f4 and retry from the last save then to go through the punishment phase.

The mod needs finetuning. I like the ideas in the mod, they cover the game in places where it lacks but they are implemented in such an irritating way it just takes away all the fun.
Everything else is cool though! Especially aphrodisiac, it was extremely underused in the game. I hope my insight is useful.

I hope you'll look into it, I gave you my posting virginity for that XD
Good luck, they won't change it at all regardless of whatever type of criticisms or complaints you put up because they have a HARD on for 'trying' to emulate Dark Souls while simultaneously forcing people into one type of playstyle.

Helixanders

Nov 1, 2018
have anyone mastered the bone mod yet? can someone give tips on how to do the "struggle"? do i need to click rapidly or do i need to click slowly so stamina doesnt get depleted?

LoveNot

Dec 13, 2017
have anyone mastered the bone mod yet? can someone give tips on how to do the "struggle"? do i need to click rapidly or do i need to click slowly so stamina doesnt get depleted?
Spam with all your stamina the moment you get grapped (if you're not low HP)
if the first attempt fails, wait for 10-15 sec, and retry, repeat until dead or free.

TheVoidHunter

Feb 10, 2023
so i have a problem, i can open the game, but that's about it, once it's oppened it only plays the music and doesn't react to any of my imputs.

MatteoRenzi

Mar 28, 2018
Does anyone who uses boned mod know why the enemies in the second stage (Abbandoned village area) don't inflict intoxication while having sex? Does that function only work for the enemies of the very first area? They only drain levels and give intoxication when the enemies climax

Last edited:

Nephilim50

Jul 15, 2022
Just to show that I am still working on some things but at a slower pace, I neglected my studies a little bit.

1679261735643.gif

I was also experimenting with the tool that Krongorka recommended to decompile the game back to unity project with some progress, now it has much less errors when opening it in unity editor but some textures are broken, it's just a matter of playing with the program settings and it will fix it for sure.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Just to show that I am still working on some things but at a slower pace, I neglected my studies a little bit.

View attachment 2480709

I was also experimenting with the tool that Krongorka recommended to decompile the game back to unity project with some progress, now it has much less errors when opening it in unity editor but some textures are broken, it's just a matter of playing with the program settings and it will fix it for sure.
I'm actually quite happy about decompiling effort. Looking forward to your progress with it.

lianthony377

Mar 8, 2022
i moved a .54 save into the 1.06 savefile, all the bosses i beat in .54 can be beat again, but defeating the new bosses doesn't result in victory, so i end up being trapped until i kill myself or exit the game. anyone else having that problem?

Noceda

Mar 20, 2023
Can someone remind me what actually changed in version 1.07 compared to 1.06? I completed the game with 1.05 and didn't encounter any serious bugs.
1.06 version also have a superior uncensored patch, packed to asset files already, without a need to use BepInEx. There is also a translation (forgot the source) which should cover a bigger part of game, I think it was mentioned about 80 percent or maybe more.
I'm not releasing anything NoR-related recently, because I do have some other projects to work with, besides, we are lucky there's now a way to downgrade cracked Spine 3.8.75 output to supported 3.7 version. I believe you folks can do even more than I can do with enough motivation :p
I also kinda want to replay the game with the "boned mod", since people say it's hard and I found the base game too easy for me.

- You are correct, some mods conflict with eachother, as they change the Assembly-CSharp.dll
Yep, that's correct. Any serious animation change will require edits to this .dll and it won't be compatible with other mods which use that file. Combining it all can be a nightmare.

I also think we should've concentrate more on decompiling the game, I have some output via but I have no experience using/importing stuff to Unity editor and code tweaks which will be needed to fix errors, make meaningful edits and rebuild the modded game. But that's a proper way to make some serious mods possible (like making new enemies).

PS: Attached translation I talked about in the post
Is there a Better translation? For 1.06

RobinWyse

May 18, 2021
I got a little excited and "finished" the wolf mod

here you have the mod if you want to try it, you only need to put the 2 files in the \NightofRevenge_Data folder of the game.
remember to make a backup of the original files! View attachment 2410845

Edit: now with a "new skin" (courtesy of LoveNot ) and animation! View attachment 2416913
View attachment 2416934

if the animation is not displayed correctly as in this image you have to go to the game folder "BepInEx\plugins\ModImages\Uncensored by omp123 and Quaking_Nuts" and delete the file "s_MDogERO.png".
View attachment 2417323
Where do you go to find them?

CommentPlease

Feb 25, 2023
Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Fatalities in this game?

Personally? I find it weird to find them in an H-game, but then again it is a videogame, and it's not unusual for game over animations in general to get gorey sometimes. Frankly, given the setting, I'm surprised there aren't more game over animations like that in this one, especially with the censorship option available.

CommentPlease

Feb 25, 2023

View attachment 2480709

This is something I appreciate very much, thank you for your hard work and dedication.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nephilim50
4.50 star(s) 79 Votes