Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Fatalities in this game?

Personally? I find it weird to find them in an H-game, but then again it is a videogame, and it's not unusual for game over animations in general to get gorey sometimes. Frankly, given the setting, I'm surprised there aren't more game over animations like that in this one, especially with the censorship option available.
From the setting standpoint I'd say gore stuff works, but so does bestiality/pregnant-birthing/mind broken-ridiculous ahegao. And it probably works better, because people certainly won't watch gore animation after one time and I'm willing to bet most of people here won't even bother with these gore animations at all.

Reactions: domdale

Nephilim50

Jul 15, 2022
I'm actually quite happy about decompiling effort. Looking forward to your progress with it.
this is the progress I've made so far if you are curious, I was able to generate an output with only 12 errors that do not seem serious and with the textures exported correctly (on my pc the decompiling and exporting of the game took a whole hour...).
1679346672284.png

and from what I was researching to make the scripts work I have to fix all the errors that the console displays
1679346964065.png
1679346459799.png

again, they don't seem to be terribly serious, probably has to do with the dependencies.
I'm sure if I study a bit of C# I can fix them.

well, that's all the progress I've been able to make so far, but little by little we're getting there.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
this is the progress I've made so far if you are curious, I was able to generate an output with only 12 errors that do not seem serious and with the textures exported correctly (on my pc the decompiling and exporting of the game took a whole hour...).
View attachment 2483189

and from what I was researching to make the scripts work I have to fix all the errors that the console displays
View attachment 2483201
View attachment 2483183

again, they don't seem to be terribly serious, probably has to do with the dependencies.
I'm sure if I study a bit of C# I can fix them.

well, that's all the progress I've been able to make so far, but little by little we're getting there.
This sounds promising. It would've been even better if more people with coding/unity skill would work on this, but for now it's up to you to make breakthroughs and pass the knowledge of reverse engineering of a retail Unity project.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Fatalities in this game?

Personally? I find it weird to find them in an H-game, but then again it is a videogame, and it's not unusual for game over animations in general to get gorey sometimes. Frankly, given the setting, I'm surprised there aren't more game over animations like that in this one, especially with the censorship option available.
It's not something I find arousing on its own, but I do find that it helps for setting the right tone. I could rant for quite a while at how so many game-over-rape games fail to set the mood right and convey the danger and gravity of the situation, and just how many ways and tools there are to convey that; NoR uses almost all of them that I can think of*, and one of them is having enemies and outcomes where the fate is a bit more violent than the others.

That said, it feels like there's usually pretty clear delineation between scenes which are supposed to be erotic and scenes which are supposed to be gorey/have significant violence. The game does manhandling and a little bit of violence well (e.g. the occasional enemy that hits her to subdue her, or that enemy with the candle wax and the T-bar thing) but I don't remember there being much of a middleground between that and outright murder**. If there were more inbetween scenes - stuff like focusing on strangulation or repeated belly punching while having sex, sex before an execution, or just an elaborate execution in itself - then maybe my answer would be a bit different.

*Off the top of my head, the only big thing it's missing is good writing, but eh, MTL problems.
**Nearest I can think of is the one girl who drowns Aradia while fingering her (which should be my shit, but just doesn't resonate with me much), and the overall bar event. A couple of enemies do maybe appear to do a bit of choking mid-sex but it's definitely not the focus and doesn't seem to matter much. I think there's also one enemy which seems to fuck Aradia a bit before vore-ing her but I don't really feel like it counts?

CommentPlease

Feb 25, 2023
It's not something I find arousing on its own, but I do find that it helps for setting the right tone. I could rant for quite a while at how so many game-over-rape games fail to set the mood right and convey the danger and gravity of the situation, and just how many ways and tools there are to convey that; NoR uses almost all of them that I can think of*, and one of them is having enemies and outcomes where the fate is a bit more violent than the others.

That said, it feels like there's usually pretty clear delineation between scenes which are supposed to be erotic and scenes which are supposed to be gorey/have significant violence. The game does manhandling and a little bit of violence well (e.g. the occasional enemy that hits her to subdue her, or that enemy with the candle wax and the T-bar thing) but I don't remember there being much of a middleground between that and outright murder**. If there were more inbetween scenes - stuff like focusing on strangulation or repeated belly punching while having sex, sex before an execution, or just an elaborate execution in itself - then maybe my answer would be a bit different.

*Off the top of my head, the only big thing it's missing is good writing, but eh, MTL problems.
**Nearest I can think of is the one girl who drowns Aradia while fingering her (which should be my shit, but just doesn't resonate with me much), and the overall bar event. A couple of enemies do maybe appear to do a bit of choking mid-sex but it's definitely not the focus and doesn't seem to matter much. I think there's also one enemy which seems to fuck Aradia a bit before vore-ing her but I don't really feel like it counts?
... I'm... pretty sure I'd remember a vore scene here (I kinda expected the Devil of Lust to do it with her tail-sword thing), so, which one are you referring to, exactly?

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
... I'm... pretty sure I'd remember a vore scene here (I kinda expected the Devil of Lust to do it with her tail-sword thing), so, which one are you referring to, exactly?
Fallen Requiem Knight is the one I was thinking of, though going back to look at it again, I can see it's not really vore, just a weirdly out-of-focus death.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
I agree with everything you said, there's just one problem for me related to this and it's a very big one, the way the h animations play and work in the game.
They have no consequence whatsoever. Rape animation starts playing, no damage, Aradia shakes them off if you press buttons and she goes walking like nothing ever happened. It's the same problem Guilty Hell and other games have.
The animation portrays something great, but in gameplay there is absolutely no struggle or anything, there's no immersion, Aradia gets belly punched and seems knocked down, but then when you shake the enemies off it's like nothing happened?
With fatalities you fucking die, and i mean, it's understandable given what they do haha, but yeah, that's why my favorite h scenes are the gameover ones, they have more or actual impact. They actually make sense.

Last edited:

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
I agree with everything you said, there's just one problem for me related to this and it's a very big one, the way the h animations play and work in the game.
They have no consequence whatsoever. Rape animation starts playing, no damage, Aradia shakes them off if you press buttons and she goes walking like nothing ever happened. It's the same problem Guilty Hell and other games have.
The animation portrays something great, but in gameplay there is absolutely no struggle or anything, there's no immersion, Aradia gets belly punched and seems knocked down, but then when you shake the enemies off it's like nothing happened?
With fatalities you fucking die, and i mean, it's understandable given what they do haha, but yeah, that's why my favorite h scenes are the gameover ones, they have more or actual impact. They actually make sense.
Especially for a game that goes so far out of the way to intentionally highlight and explore the concept of cruelty for its own sake

Reactions: derakino999

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
If i could turn every single animation into a game over one with a mod or something that would make the game 100 times better for me, like, nothing complex or anything, just idk, screen fades black and the animation plays and boom it's game over
or something
but even something as simple as that would probably be hard as fuck to do

nb097

Oct 25, 2019
If i could turn every single animation into a game over one with a mod or something that would make the game 100 times better for me, like, nothing complex or anything, just idk, screen fades black and the animation plays and boom it's game over
or something
but even something as simple as that would probably be hard as fuck to do
The alternative (and preferable in my opinion) is to have the H scenes have an impact (which in most games means a corruption system).

Whether that means after X corruption it's game over (not really my cup of tea, since this is an H game, so getting H scenes means it's game over? Why?), or the gameplay changes making it more difficult to proceed as your corruption increases, with ways to decrease it so you're not really stuck (corruption increases chance to give in to sex more easily; too much sex -> get pregnant; if pregnant, you're slowed; if preg termed, you're back to normal; if not, you give birth, lose max health).

mnonyhc

Apr 25, 2017
Personally I love the way NoR incorporates the sex with the gameplay, I find it extremelly obnoxious games where you have to intentionally lose and reload/respawn just to see/collect an animation. Here with bone mod I get to see them a few times and carry on, though I'd like to be forced to sit through the entire animation more often.

I'd like if we could straight up have an option to disaple animations that just kill you outright, or even better have them stop before you die and let you go.

I'd tie in the sex a bit more deeply with sex slowly reduced the maximum hp, thus leading to actual consequences for getting too slutty (reset on waypoint ofc like pregnancy).

0lubt0

May 17, 2021
Personally I love the way NoR incorporates the sex with the gameplay, I find it extremelly obnoxious games where you have to intentionally lose and reload/respawn just to see/collect an animation. Here with bone mod I get to see them a few times and carry on, though I'd like to be forced to sit through the entire animation more often.

I'd like if we could straight up have an option to disaple animations that just kill you outright, or even better have them stop before you die and let you go.

I'd tie in the sex a bit more deeply with sex slowly reduced the maximum hp, thus leading to actual consequences for getting too slutty (reset on waypoint ofc like pregnancy).
yeah but we need a counter item or the shrine to get max hp back cause if not we would run around with only 1hp.

i personaly would implement soft bad ends and better struggle mechanic for bone-mod like getting cummed in 2 times you get captured by the enemy you know like the mod for the big guy with girls chained to his chest.
for example the goblins chain you in the cave with the slimes and thake turns fucking her mouth and pussy. 10.jpg

or after the slimes are done with you you get chained like the girl that give birth to slimes in the cave. 20230323_225251.jpg

or the scarcrow lets you hanging from the cross covert in cum while cum is flowin out of her pussy while her head is covert with a potatosack. 38.jpg

ps. i have more idears so if someone want some inspiration reply to this comment with the enemy you want to mod i my self would like to do it but am to stupid to find the assets needet or if some one has time to kill extract all the hentai scene assets so other people dont need to search for hours.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Oh absolutely, that is also annoying. That said, I feel like that's something where what some players want, what thematically makes sense, and what's feasible to make, clashes. If they're always a game over, people complain that they have to lose to see content*. If you can escape, then anything too extreme can break immersion. Having a struggle system but also not having it properly represented in the character movements can break immersion; But at the same time, having it be represented can limit what happens in the scenes and take a lot more work on top. Personally, I think that how the game is is a decent enough compromise for now - it gets pretty much all the basics right and from there it's a matter of taste and clashing goals.

*I think this is a bad take that sees games only as basic games rather than RP tools but eh, I also agree with unlocking the "loss" state through winning for gallery unlocks and things.

Reactions: derakino999

Erris1123

Mar 14, 2019
The Aradia scenes are all super nice, but I find that I really enjoy the background scenes as much as the player scenes. If the emerging modders could make more, that would be super epic

4.50 star(s) 80 Votes