PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
So, I was working on mapping Night of Revenge, but doing it through screenshots is kind of time consuming, so I didn't bother with it for a couple days, and when I tried to access the file just now, I found that MS Paint can't open the file. Apparently, if the dimensions of an image file exceed 12,000 pixels then MS Paint just doesn't bother opening it anymore. At least, it won't for me. There seems to be a lot of cases of people complaining about this, but no resolution. This is what I've got so far.

If anyone has any idea of how I can salvage hours of my time, or create some similar HQ map without starting over, I'm open to suggestions, otherwise I'm too mentally drained to bother anymore.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Can you access the file in a different program, shrink it down, screenshot your screen and then open the smaller screenshot in paint?

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Can you access the file in a different program, shrink it down, screenshot your screen and then open the smaller screenshot in paint?
Not really :/

I do have GIMP, and it can access the file normally, but if I export the contents of the file opened in GIMP or just copy/paste it back into MS Paint, the file size EXPLODES from like 30mb to like 400mb, and I think I still can't open it after the "initial" copy/paste.

Also, editing in GIMP and other image programs is really slow, and it already took me like 3+ hours to make that (the game has numerous moving pieces in the background and foreground that makes linking screenshots a huge pain in the ass). With MS Paint I can just drop the screenshot in, cut out what I don't need and reposition it. With GIMP, I have to past the screehshot in, find the selector tool, select the area, cut it and then repaste it (I have no idea how to "move" a selected area in GIMP), and that's not including all that extra layer jazz; overall it's a great programs that's just too advanced for me and complicated for the simple stuff I'm trying to do.

I should probably just give up on the screenshot collage and use a simpler method, but it wouldn't look as nice and sleek. A box map is probably better than no map, though. However, I was really excited about having one giant linked visual mapping, like they used to do in those old Nintendo Power and other gaming magazines, but I'm obviously overthinking things.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
You may need to sacrifice some details and the HQ you want to make this viable. Most people will not study maps down to the pixel anyways, they'll briefly look at it for guidance on a second screen while paying attention to the ACTUAL hq game they have open.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
You may need to sacrifice some details and the HQ you want to make this viable. Most people will not study maps down to the pixel anyways, they'll briefly look at it for guidance on a second screen while paying attention to the ACTUAL hq game they have open.
Well, the idea I had, was that I was going to screenshot map out the game, then I was going to shrink everything to about 25%, then draw on the map for item placements, enemies, etc. but now I can't even access the old map I did, and even if I followed my old strategy, even shrunken down, the "full" map would easily exceed the MS Paint limitations. So I guess my fancy dreams go out the window.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Try the "paint.net" program. It is infinitely better than MSpaint, and has many features while also being straightforward to use, unlike Gimp. I don't know why it's not more popular.

I was able to open and manipulate your image without any problem with it, and when I save it takes 26 MB, which I think is what you'd expect. Fans turn on when I edit the image, but it's still smooth.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Try the "paint.net" program. It is infinitely better than MSpaint, and has many features while also being straightforward to use, unlike Gimp. I don't know why it's not more popular.

I was able to open and manipulate your image without any problem with it, and when I save it takes 26 MB, which I think is what you'd expect. Fans turn on when I edit the image, but it's still smooth.
I actually became aware of Paint.net after finding out about my issues, but wasn't sure if it was good and legit. I might end up getting Paint.net anyway for other projects, but I was just working on a template for making a "block-styled map", similar to the older Castlevania RPG games. As much fun as making the extended screenshot map would be, it would consume a vast amount of my personal time, and I'm guess that even if I shrunk the screenshots down, the full map would probably be too massive for me to easy upload or anyone to bother downloading.

I think I'll swallow my pride and stick with the old school map style. At least with this method, I could, in theory, finish the entire map with a single playthrough tonight, rather than spend 3+ areas screenshoting just half of one stage. Now that I know Paint.net is legit, that's something to look forward to.

Reactions: WombatCombat450

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Agree that screenshotting the entire map would be very annoying. Just wanted to make sure you don't waste your time with MSpaint, it is a buggy mess, and awful for anything other than cropping/resizing. Maybe there are even better software (photoshop?) but I can say Paint.net for sure is pretty good.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Anyone have any idea when the next update is expected? Should be soon, right? Usually releases at the end of each month
I don't follow the game very closely, but the last time I played was in v0.38, which was about 5-ish months ago, so it seems like one update every month or two. That being said, while since I've played there's been a new area and boss, very little was added, compared to a half year ago. It's a shame, because the game has such a high quality style to it.

A lot of these sexy Metroidvania's come out slowly though. Alien Quest Eve took like a few years to get a final release, and the developer literally went a half year or full year at time before giving us any releases or status updates (although, he made up for with huge content dumps, when he did update).

Aug 7, 2019
Also is anything implemented for Suzune after you talk to her in area 3? Just had the one conversation with her and can't find her anywhere else.

Also a few events to talk to people that don't seem to go anywhere. Is there an updated guide for completing story events? I remember beating the game a few months back using a pretty janky flowchart map but I felt like I missed some stuff, would be cool to have a more comprehensive guide for a game this good

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Also is anything implemented for Suzune after you talk to her in area 3? Just had the one conversation with her and can't find her anywhere else.

Also a few events to talk to people that don't seem to go anywhere. Is there an updated guide for completing story events? I remember beating the game a few months back using a pretty janky flowchart map but I felt like I missed some stuff, would be cool to have a more comprehensive guide for a game this good
I don't think there is anything more right now for Suzune, that story/event is, likely, only partially implemented. It is akin to the partial bestiary and the partial weapon descriptions that are in place.

The base is there, the game devs just need time to fill in all the blanks. :)

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Really looking forward to the seedbed endings, maybe it'll be related to the padlocked witch trapped underground and giving birth to slimes?

Reactions: WombatCombat450

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Suzune is the Iaido Swordswoman I assume? I'm too lazy to check right now. After you meet her in the Bridge Block, she appears in the Underground Parish, just before the elevator that you can't get to yet (directly across from the fire rod and the mimic guarding it, if I remember correctly).

The third time, I think she appears appears in Ragdum (the Nightless Town), just at the entrance, or something like that. I can't remember if she appeared anywhere after that, she's a new addition to the game, as far as I know, and I don't remember seeing her at the "end" of this version.

Yeah, we all have that same flowchart map, although it's a little bit outdated, but still good, considering the updates don't add much. The game isn't even half finished yet, so don't expect a ton of story and dialog. There's really only like one side quest in the game right now, and that's killing the Blacksmith.

As I have been rambling about the past couple days, I am currently mapping the game out, although I just had to start over from scratch, so it set me back a while. I spent all night creating a new map template from scratch, but I only finished the first Area so far. Although, now that I have a template with fonts and map icons that I like, things should progress much faster now. I wasn't planning on mapping out "event progress though, since I thought that was self-explanatory, but I'll add stuff like Suzune to the map, when I get to them.

What I got done so far, feedback would be appreciated (as in, are the colors hard to read, is the map too small/big, etc.)

Night of Revenge - Master Map Backup.png

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020
Hmm, so good weapons are...
Clever Zweihander (slow but massive combo), Witch Blade (starter weapon, can be upgraded to a very nice level of power)...
Is there a wiki for this game?

Also, does anyone here know what enemies cause Ariadne to orgasm, and what are the Sluttiness, Nympho and Karma metrics? I definitely want to mess with those...
I accumulated a few dozen orgasms on the MC, but finding out which enemies did it was a bit of guesswork since sometimes they masturbated her without causing an orgasm, and sometimes I just played around and fought enemies that gave her creampies (which usually results in not giving her an orgasm) and after a while saw an increased orgasm bar.
I also know that these little pink clouds that give you an aphrodisiac effect can overwhelm Ariadne and cause her to cum without even masturbating, but aside from that, they seem to be only detrimental... opponents won't even rape Ariadne when she's overwhelmed by aphrodisiac effects.

Also, are costumes even implemented yet? I'd LOVE to give the protagonist a change of clothes, lmao.

I'd also love to know how to farm Power Rocks to upgrade some of my weapons.~ I definitely know how to farm Inspiration, but those are more difficult.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 79 Votes