PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Anybody else unable to pick up weapons in 0.44? I've already found 3 but they don't appear in equipment menu.
I just started playing, and the weapons work/equip just fine for me. Maybe your looking at them in the wrong spot, or your game got corrupt somehow. If it doesn't work, back up your save files and download a new copy of the game? The items work just fine for me, although my translation version is garbage.

Mand21
I was completely wrong about the swords. The "Bone-Shaving Distorted Sword" is found in the forest at the beginning of the game. When you get to the barn that you have to jump up platforms inside of, there's an entrance to the left and the right. Take the right path and go down. When you land back on the ground, fall off the platform to the left and it's there. The sword that I thought it was (in the castle) is a Witch's Claymore or something like that.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Not just one enemy! Apparently, both the green slime at the beginning and the black one at the laboratory can impregnate you! Not only that, but if you're impregnated by the green slime of the first level, your child can impregnate you as well! TBH I think all human rapists should be able to impregnate the MC, or at least have >something< that doesn't make it look like Ariadne is totally sterile when being creampied to the brim by humans, but not when it's a random slime.

A question I'd like to ask the pro gamers here, though... how the hell do I beat that Demon of Lust boss at the end of the laboratory?! I switched to Easy mode, upgraded my tools, am at level 55 and it's still horrendously hard. Does she have an elemental weakness or something I can exploit? Some trick?
The thing that's been killing me is partly just the crazy way in which she fights. It's really easy at the beginning: I just block her sword attacks and then keep dishing out my own until she teleports away or unleashes one of her magic attacks (and the triple arrows will not hit me if I'm too close, so I can keep attacking while she does that). Then, I dash towards her when she teleports, repeat that. Whenever she sends lightning balls, I block them. When she makes spikes rain from the sky, I hide beneath a block that appears or block everything if I can't do that. I use potions whenever my health is below a third not to risk getting fully hit by one of her stronger attacks and dying. I've also incorporated the fire spell that surrounds me in fireballs whenever she's flying above me, or even just to increase my damage output.
Problem is, at a point when her health is somewhat below half, she starts conjuring these circles that shoot projectiles everywhere. When they shoot streams at changing directions, I can dodge whenever it's towards me and hit her when it's not (so long as she's vulnerable), but sometimes I can only block and keep my distance even though she's a boss that seems most vulnerable in close quarters combat.
Every time I fought a boss up until now, there was always something I could do to optimize my fighting style and win, even if it was just a better way of timing how I used my health potions. But this is a boss where, even after I learn her patterns, it's still insanely hard 'cause there's often just no way to avoid having my health chipped away, and then when I'm out of health potions or relatively low and she manages to corner me with a strong attack (such as spawning her bullet hell circle exactly where I am as I'm whiffing a combo, or landing her lightning balls without me blocking, or comboing me into something with her blade), she kills me. Consistently. I've fought her, like, a dozen times... should I just level up until I'm way above the challenge? lol. Doesn't make a lot of sense, since I'm fighting her on easy mode...
Beating that succubus bitch was a real ... bitch. Mostly it came down to luck, for me, at least, I lost count of how many times I died, because I charged in to attack and she spawned one of those death balls right behind me, pretty much 1 shotting me. I think I was around lvl 55-60 when I finally beat her, my strength was 30ish and I had about 450 HP. I also was using a holy spell that fired a cross that would explode. I didn't use the spell much, it takes a while to cast, but it hits for decent damage.

You are doing pretty much what I did, try adding more health to your character and boosting your strength. I also had a pair of rings that would allow me a second or two to recover missing health by attacking the boss, it doesn't always add much, but every bit can help.

Stay away from using slow heavy weapons. Quick attack weapons do less damage, but you aren't stuck in animations that long. The first weapon you find in the beginning of the game is a pretty decent weapon for speed and damage and there is a claymore (not sure if it is, but the weapon looks like a 2hander/claymore to me) you can find late in the game that has pretty decent damage and speed as well.

After a bit of playing around, I would recommend that you upgrade one of your weapons. (I never did this for my fight with her and now I wish I had) The damage boost you get from it is very good and should help a lot with that fight. I upgraded the 'starter' weapon to the max I could and it is pretty impressive. It is quick, does fairly good damage and doesn't cost much stamina to use.

Last edited:

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
Beating that succubus bitch was a real ... bitch. Mostly it came down to luck, for me, at least, I lost count of how many times I died, because I charged in to attack and she spawned one of those death balls right behind me, pretty much 1 shotting me. I think I was around lvl 55-60 when I finally beat her, my strength was 30ish and I had about 450 HP. I also was using a holy spell that fired a cross that would explode. I didn't use the spell much, it takes a while to cast, but it hits for decent damage.

You are doing pretty much what I did, try adding more health to your character and boosting your strength. I also had a pair of rings that would allow me a second or two to recover missing health by attacking the boss, it doesn't always add much, but every bit can help.

Stay away from using slow heavy weapons. Quick attack weapons do less damage, but you aren't stuck in animations that long. The first weapon you find in the beginning of the game is a pretty decent weapon for speed and damage and there is a claymore (not sure if it is, but the weapon looks like a 2hander/claymore to me) you can find late in the game that has pretty decent damage and speed as well.

After a bit of playing around, I would recommend that you upgrade one of your weapons. (I never did this for my fight with her and now I wish I had) The damage boost you get from it is very good and should help a lot with that fight. I upgraded the 'starter' weapon to the max I could and it is pretty impressive. It is quick, does fairly good damage and doesn't cost much stamina to use.
The Zweihander is imo the best two handed weapon especially once its upgraded with a shiny stone.
Also yeah she is a bitch to fight and once she shoots the little balls you need to tab block to create perfect blocks, if she creates 2 blood spheres, once she creates a shield for herself and the others is aimed to trap YOU but if you time it right, you can use it a s a shield against her orb barrage!

Mand21

Nov 25, 2020

Which claymore are you talking about? I have a Witch's Claymore, but it's class C speed and has a two-hit combo, making it really slow compared to the Witch's Blade you get as a starter weapon.
I'm going to try precisely that, btw! I was currently adding mainly to SP and DEX since I thought my STR was decent already, but I'll try for this strat.
Honestly, I think the developers should change the witch to be less of a cheap opponent. At least, I found her cheap rather than just hard. When your enemy makes themselves unapproachable by hiding behind a wall of projectiles once it hits half health so that it always deals more blocking damage than you can heal and there's little to no meaningful counter, I find it kinda fake difficult-y.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Which claymore are you talking about? I have a Witch's Claymore, but it's class C speed and has a two-hit combo, making it really slow compared to the Witch's Blade you get as a starter weapon.
I'm going to try precisely that, btw! I was currently adding mainly to SP and DEX since I thought my STR was decent already, but I'll try for this strat.
Honestly, I think the developers should change the witch to be less of a cheap opponent. At least, I found her cheap rather than just hard. When your enemy makes themselves unapproachable by hiding behind a wall of projectiles once it hits half health so that it always deals more blocking damage than you can heal and there's little to no meaningful counter, I find it kinda fake difficult-y.
I still haven't quite caught upto the current updates, but the logic from the last time I played still seems to be sound. I don't think I've fought this Boss your talking about (doesn't sound familiar anyway, but I'll play some more later tonight), but generally speaking, a good idea is to have enough Stamina to do 2 full combos with one of your weapons, and still have enough stamina to do a few "Steps/Dashes". That way, you can dash upto an enemy, unload on them and dash away safely. The opposite is also true: you could walk close, fire off your attacks, dash through their counterattack, then unleash all your hits again and probably be able to walk or dash away, if you pace yourself right.

And for damage, you usually want to full invest in the Stat that gives you the highest return, so don't suddenly switch to another damage stat, because you thought "STR was decent already". If your "main stat" is where you like it, focus on another area that would help you, in this case SP or HP, maybe even INT, if you think the ranged magicks would be helpful, although I don't remember magick being that great, in this game.

I still recommend the Bone-Shaving Distorted Sword, it seems as good as I remember. Aim for about 200 SP, and dump the rest into ~80 STR, maybe with some HP, and your good to go, at least so far for me. I tried to do a Critical Build too, and I criticaled quite often around ~40 LUCK, but that +39 points is better invested into your main stat for consistent damage, instead of the random damage bonus from criticals.

Also, not sure if you've been there yet, but one of the new areas to the game (for me, since I haven't played since v0.38), you can get a Ring of Haste, which increases your attack speed by a noticeable amount. It's in the forest area at the bottom of the map, east of the Prison. To get into the forest, you have to break a chained demolition ball in the lower right corner of the Prison. The ring itself, is sitting on top of a bridge at the top of the forest. You get it by breaking the bridge by aiming at it with one of those "spider arrows" that's located near the bridge.

I guess I'll play the game and see if I can find this infamous Boss everyone's rambling about :O

Edit: I was right by her apparently, just didn't notice the entrance, haha. She is quite cheap, but there are some tactics you can do against her. Most of the time, I could more or less just spam dash during her bullet hell stuff and completely avoid them without pausing (I have ~150 SP though). If her lightning orbs are giving you trouble, you can completely block them with the spell "Wall of Light", although unfortunately it doesn't block her spiraling bullets, but it does reflect her bouncing blood spheres.

If you have any of the Fire Weapon Enchantments, I suggest using them here, but towards the end of the fight, so you can get that extra burst of damage and push her to zero faster during the harder phases of the battle. I don't recommend spamming them too often, unless you've saved up quite a bit, otherwise there wasted when you die. It took a few tries, but she went down. Honestly, once you get her attack patterns down, the most distracting thing about the fight is how she loses clothes as you damage her.

Last edited:

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
When I wrote that message, I was playing with an untranslated version of the game and, today, I patched it and started over again. The weapon I am thinking of is the Church Long sword. When I looked at the graphic and the animations it looked like a 2 hander, mea culpa (my mistake). You won't ever see huge numbers, but you should be able to hit for about 200 damage, per hit, with 1 or 2 upgrades for it.

When I fought the succubus again, I was around lvl 65 and had 26 str and 400 HP. You do need to get a bit lucky with her, but having patience when attacking helps.

I have seen a few posts about the zwiehander and it is a pretty good weapon, it is just too damn slow for my tastes.

Something you can do is go back to the entry area, SAVE THE GAME, then start experimenting with upgrading the various weapons you have and see which you like the best on the training dummy (cross) It even shows you your 1, 5 and 10 second damage max.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
<Snip> ...

I guess I'll play the game and see if I can find this infamous Boss everyone's rambling about :O
She is in the Laboratory. I can't remember if you have to do anything special to get to her area, but the area for the boss fight is on the same floor that you enter the zone, on the far right of the map.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
When I wrote that message, I was playing with an untranslated version of the game and, today, I patched it and started over again. The weapon I am thinking of is the Church Long sword. When I looked at the graphic and the animations it looked like a 2 hander, mea culpa (my mistake). You won't ever see huge numbers, but you should be able to hit for about 200 damage, per hit, with 1 or 2 upgrades for it.
You mean the Church Knight's Straight Sword. It's found at the beginning of the Reminescing Area or whatever, the stage just before you fight the fallen knight that opens up the upper passage to the Research stage. That sword attacks pretty fast, and it comes with the Holy element attached, so it's alright, but it hit pretty weak for me. Also, it's a Dexterity weapon, at least by default. You can morph it into a Dark Element sword, making it an STR sword that also increases your Revenge heals by like +3%, but I remember testing it in v0.38 and not liking it.

When I fought the succubus again, I was around lvl 65 and had 26 str and 400 HP. You do need to get a bit lucky with her, but having patience when attacking helps.
I just beat her, I was at lv71, but I went with 65 STR and 150 SP. I definitely considered HP, but I really only died when her ceiling blood stalagmite attack hit, because that does like 191 damage, so if your not fully healed, it's death. If I had to fight her again, I think 300 HP and 55 STR would have been perfect.

I have seen a few posts about the zwiehander and it is a pretty good weapon, it is just too damn slow for my tastes.
I don't like the slower weapons either. This game's biggest issue is the ridiculously long animation delays after attacks, so adding slow weapon swings on top of that just isn't fun, unless the sword has a one-hit kill attack. Also, I think the Zweihander swings horizontally, which is kind of awkward for a 2D platformer; your better off with wide arc'ing swings, incase something is above you, or you have to swat away an incoming bullet/spell.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
She is in the Laboratory. I can't remember if you have to do anything special to get to her area, but the area for the boss fight is on the same floor that you enter the zone, on the far right of the map.
We posted at the exact same times, lol. I actually edited my post while you inputing yours, apparently. I just beat her.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
It is called the Clever Zweihander once you upgraded it with the shiny stone, it has a slow combo but its actually a quad combo once you got enough stamina. She sweeps with it twice which is REALLY good should you get surrounded as it its a WIDE arc in front of you and behind you THEN she does two overhead attacks. The dmg is at 130 once its fully upgraded. The big witch sword is only 120 and does extra INT dmg, while the Zweihander does extra DEX dmg. So if you aim for crits and wide sweeps, use the Zweihander. Oh also, once fully upgraded, the Witch Sword is a speed C while the Zweihander is a C+

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
I still haven't quite caught upto the current updates, but the logic from the last time I played still seems to be sound. I don't think I've fought this Boss your talking about (doesn't sound familiar anyway, but I'll play some more later tonight), but generally speaking, a good idea is to have enough Stamina to do 2 full combos with one of your weapons, and still have enough stamina to do a few "Steps/Dashes". That way, you can dash upto an enemy, unload on them and dash away safely. The opposite is also true: you could walk close, fire off your attacks, dash through their counterattack, then unleash all your hits again and probably be able to walk or dash away, if you pace yourself right.

And for damage, you usually want to full invest in the Stat that gives you the highest return, so don't suddenly switch to another damage stat, because you thought "STR was decent already". If your "main stat" is where you like it, focus on another area that would help you, in this case SP or HP, maybe even INT, if you think the ranged magicks would be helpful, although I don't remember magick being that great, in this game.

I still recommend the Bone-Shaving Distorted Sword, it seems as good as I remember. Aim for about 200 SP, and dump the rest into ~80 STR, maybe with some HP, and your good to go, at least so far for me. I tried to do a Critical Build too, and I criticaled quite often around ~40 LUCK, but that +39 points is better invested into your main stat for consistent damage, instead of the random damage bonus from criticals.

Also, not sure if you've been there yet, but one of the new areas to the game (for me, since I haven't played since v0.38), you can get a Ring of Haste, which increases your attack speed by a noticeable amount. It's in the forest area at the bottom of the map, east of the Prison. To get into the forest, you have to break a chained demolition ball in the lower right corner of the Prison. The ring itself, is sitting on top of a bridge at the top of the forest. You get it by breaking the bridge by aiming at it with one of those "spider arrows" that's located near the bridge.

Edit: I was right by her apparently, just didn't notice the entrance, haha. She is quite cheap, but there are some tactics you can do against her. Most of the time, I could more or less just spam dash during her bullet hell stuff and completely avoid them without pausing (I have ~150 SP though). If her lightning orbs are giving you trouble, you can completely block them with the spell "Wall of Light", although unfortunately it doesn't block her spiraling bullets, but it does reflect her bouncing blood spheres.

If you have any of the Fire Weapon Enchantments, I suggest using them here, but towards the end of the fight, so you can get that extra burst of damage and push her to zero faster during the harder phases of the battle. I don't recommend spamming them too often, unless you've saved up quite a bit, otherwise there wasted when you die. It took a few tries, but she went down. Honestly, once you get her attack patterns down, the most distracting thing about the fight is how she loses clothes as you damage her.
What? I use the 0.44 build and in the right side of the prison after I broke off the ball there is just a white cloud wall blocking me from going further east. No forest zone whatsoever 1606628572813.png

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
What? I use the 0.44 build and in the right side of the prison after I broke off the ball there is just a white cloud wall blocking me from going further east. No forest zone whatsoever View attachment 920806
Your near it. I think you go up those stairs and you'll find a rusted steel grate with a zombie behind it. Left of the grate should be steps going to the upper left, that's where the demolition ball you have to break is (if I remember correctly, there's also a shortcut to the beginning of the Prison there, too). Cut down the demition ball and follow it back down the steps to the lower right, and it should have crashed through the rusted steel grate. Should be an entrance beyond that to the forest, unless I'm remembering things completely wrong (and I could be, considering how late it was when I did all this).

If I'm wrong, I'll load the game up and check, too busy too atm.

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
Your near it. I think you go up those stairs and you'll find a rusted steel grate with a zombie behind it. Left of the grate should be steps going to the upper left, that's where the demolition ball you have to break is (if I remember correctly, there's also a shortcut to the beginning of the Prison there, too). Cut down the demition ball and follow it back down the steps to the lower right, and it should have crashed through the rusted steel grate. Should be an entrance beyond that to the forest, unless I'm remembering things completely wrong (and I could be, considering how late it was when I did all this).

If I'm wrong, I'll load the game up and check, too busy too atm.
Oh, yeah check when yer in the mood but yeah this is the area with the destroyed demolition ball. 1606629908554.png
Then there is where the ball rolls its into the prison with the torturefucked chicks the demolition ball stops at another white wall.
1606629989126.png

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Oh, yeah check when yer in the mood but yeah this is the area with the destroyed demolition ball. View attachment 920820
Then there is where the ball rolls its into the prison with the torturefucked chicks the demolition ball stops at another white wall.
View attachment 920822
Yeah, I just checked. I don't know then. I was certain that's how I accessed it. I even tried walking back to the entrance of the Forest, but that led me to a dead end. I'm going to poke around it more. I think the forest had a secondary entrance at the end of it, but I'll try to get my facts straight before I speculate more xD

Mrscratsch

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah, I just checked. I don't know then. I was certain that's how I accessed it. I even tried walking back to the entrance of the Forest, but that led me to a dead end. I'm going to poke around it more. I think the forest had a secondary entrance at the end of it, but I'll try to get my facts straight before I speculate more xD
Appreciate that.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Appreciate that.
So, I don't know how the hell I got "into" the forest originally, but you should be able to enter it through the "exit"? It's located in the Research Area (the "Prayer Room" teleport selection), at the very bottom. Just drop down the ladder from the save point to the lower floor, and follow it all the way left to here:
New Bitmap Image.png

I don't think you need a lever or anything to enter that door, I came out of it originally, anyway. After going through there, you'll enter the "Backyard", which is pretty a short linear in-between stage, before you eventually reach "The Canyon of Sinking", which is the forest I mentioned.
New Bitmap Image 2.png

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
OHH the area with the TROLLS! Ok then I got that zone. Thx for clearing that up.
I just solved my own mystery, it wasn't the Prison. After you beat the Spider Boss and travel a ways to the lower right of it, you get to the "Lower Passage", which drops you down into the forest. That's why I was confused about the dead end, because I fell there.

4.50 star(s) 79 Votes