foso

Aug 21, 2017
I'm trying to open the game in RAGS 2.4.16. but it tells me that the game is unreadeble, and when I try to open it in 2.6.1 I get this message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you clock Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you clck Quit, the application will close immediately.
Could not load file or assembly 'System.DAta.SqlServerCe.Version=3.5.1.0. Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of it's dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).

What have I done wrong, and how do I fix this?

I just found this error myself.

After a bit of google searching I found that I was missing the MS SQL server compact 3.5 service pack 2.

Here a link to download it:

Reactions: Genixs and Baudler

Narutoerza999

Nov 16, 2018
I think i played this game last year. At that time i could advance puppet leader dreams. So that the character could play as both the leader and her slave personality. That is her slave personality nickname was shown in the slave list.

But when i tried today i couldn't advance the dreams at all. Did I remember wrong?

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Trying the Regalia version out, and it technically works, but there's a million and one bugs. Question, though, since this may not be a bug, I've got 4 slavers available for selection in my camp and no slaves, and I'm trying to select an assignment that only requires 3 slavers and I'm getting this message:

"You do not currently have enough slavers available to complete this assignment while keeping the encampment secure."

I have no idea what it means by "secure" since I haven't had any events that sound threatening, I have enough gold and supplies, and I'd still have myself, 1 slaver, and my bedwarmer even with the three assigned, but it won't even let me see the assignment details. It's also morning, in case that matters.

Edit: The next day I was able to select a different assignment that required 4 slavers instead of 3 for some reason.

Edit 2: It's doing this with any assignment that requires 2 or 3 slavers, but not assignments that require 1 or 4 slavers. It doesn't seem to matter how many slavers I have in my encampment.

Last edited:

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Even worse bug, 20% of the time I try to cancel an assignment it just completely screws up the whole game. I have to continually hit cancel and cancel assignment before it will actually exit the assignment, but then it will cancel all my currently running assignments and disallow me from starting any new assignments at all, requiring a complete restart or load of last save.

Last edited:

Chaosrains

Aug 5, 2016
Even worse bug, 20% of the time I try to cancel an assignment it just completely screws up the whole game. I have to continually hit cancel and cancel assignment before it will actually exit the assignment, but then it will cancel all my currently running assignments and disallow me from starting any new assignments at all, requiring a complete restart or load of last save.
Yeah you'll have to live with this and a host of other problems if you play the Regalia version. It's just a conversion using an imperfect tool, and games with the complexity of No Haven are not that stable when converted through it. It's not really worth anyone's time to bugfix all of it when the dev is working on an official Twine conversion anyway.

Best thing to do is make sure to save before ever messing with any dialog box selections (like assignments) in the Regalia version. It doesn't handle them well. Any time you click "cancel" in one of those you probably just bugged something out to the point of needing a reload to fix. I've had ghost assignments that would never complete and thus never give my slavers back and "fake" slaves created with completely empty fields except their slave array value just because I hit "cancel" in some dialogs. It doesn't happen in the RAGS version so it's clearly a problem introduced in the Regalia conversion.

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Yeah, I've had the same problems. Unfortunately, like I said before, I couldn't get the RAGS version to work no matter what.

Alexy Jade

Feb 9, 2019
Hello people, does anyone know the special scene when there is a disaster in the shuffle deck mission? of the character of grand princess severina... it is difficult for me to always get a disaster in that mission I want to know what happens if everything goes in disaster, could someone share a screenshot?

Reactions: User1810

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Hello people, does anyone know the special scene when there is a disaster in the shuffle deck mission? of the character of grand princess severina... it is difficult for me to always get a disaster in that mission I want to know what happens if everything goes in disaster, could someone share a screenshot?
I looked up the disaster text in the Regalia conversion, it's pretty short:

"The tower was indeed occupied when you managed to get through the usual hazardous trek through the Ever Forest. Specifically a whole deluge of oozes who had been likely drawn there by the residual magic there and what had likely been an absolute treasure trove of enchanted wonders before the unthinking ditzes ate them all.

Alas it would have been good to work that out before the surprisingly cunning ditzes had secured all the exits with walls of undulating goo leaving absolutely no where to run..."

Reactions: Jaxter

Scars Unseen

Jan 2, 2018
ok thx.... what happens if i skip level up? I lose the trait?
You don't get a trait/aspect at that level, yes. The main reason to do it is if you don't want any of the aspects you qualify for at that level, but think you might qualify for another the next time (since you can only have 3 5 aspects).

EDIT: Corrected below

Last edited:

Gwyn33

Oct 11, 2017
I cannot get RAGS to run on windows 11 despite having all the frameworks, can anyone else? just wanna know if its a me being stupid issue or a win 11 issue

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
No Haven 0.97 - TF Edition

Usual caveats of if you don't mind waiting a bit longer for the hotfixes that will be the more complete and likely to work experience. Got literally pages of bug fixes and things to check out I still need to get to.

I've kept you waiting long enough though and at least quite a bit of the stuff below I have managed to test already and it does appear to be working correctly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So what are taggerfolk? I can't download the game right now to check, and he talks about this new race without really saying *what* they are. A "tagger" doesn't seem to be a thing according to Google (except in the context of graffiti and stuff like that), and searching for "taggerfolk" only redirects here.

Reactions: User1810
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes