Renegadeaw

Jan 22, 2017
For those interested, I did manage to figure out how to cheat in more trait points and increase the limit.

First open Game.js with a text editor.

Its a massive file, so you'll probably have to use something like NP+.

CTRL+F search for 'jack-of-all'.

This highlights all the mentions of the trait Jack-Of-All Trades, which increases your trait limit by 2 at the cost of 2 points.

There are several entries, but the one you need with be followed shortly by code that says 'subtract 2' and 'add 2'.

The subtract 2 is the cost of the trait in points, and the add 2 is the number of new trait slots it gives you.

Edit these entries to something like 'subtract -30' and 'add 30'. The double negative on the subtract will turn it positive.

Then when you select the trait in-game, it will give you 30 additional trait slots, and 30 additional points.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1810

Kelsath

Apr 3, 2019
There are many things I love about this game, but it's hardly playable. Rags is awful and should be burned, destroyed, nuked. It's the slowest, clumsiest software in existence. I tried the regalia version, but that's buggy as hell. The flow of the game is much better though. Maybe once that's polished this will be an actually playable and amazing game, but for now, it's not worth the hassle.

Aug 23, 2018
There are many things I love about this game, but it's hardly playable. Rags is awful and should be burned, destroyed, nuked. It's the slowest, clumsiest software in existence. I tried the regalia version, but that's buggy as hell. The flow of the game is much better though. Maybe once that's polished this will be an actually playable and amazing game, but for now, it's not worth the hassle.
just get rags 3.0

Reactions: User1810 and Jaxter

Mercenary@R@

Jun 18, 2020
does anyone know what blight magic does besides being a magic trait , i know both corruption and biomancy can transform of give specialized traits to slavers but blight just seems to be there as a trait

Reactions: User1810

Scars Unseen

Jan 2, 2018
does anyone know what blight magic does besides being a magic trait , i know both corruption and biomancy can transform of give specialized traits to slavers but blight just seems to be there as a trait
It's been a while since I tried taking it, but IIRC, it basically opens up aspects that give you advantages at the expense of everyone around you.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
An option to dismiss/remove a slaver would be nice.
There is a task to betray a slaver I think, but it's so tedious.
That's deliberate. You actually can attempt to remove a slaver manually when talking to them, but there's a high chance of failing to do so unless they've screwed up a bunch of missions. The idea that you need to convince the rest of the encampment to get rid of a slaver is an intended part of the game's design. The betrayal mission is meant to be a sneaky, underhanded way to bypass getting consent from your other slavers.

Reactions: Jaxter
Sep 11, 2020
That's deliberate. You actually can attempt to remove a slaver manually when talking to them, but there's a high chance of failing to do so unless they've screwed up a bunch of missions. The idea that you need to convince the rest of the encampment to get rid of a slaver is an intended part of the game's design. The betrayal mission is meant to be a sneaky, underhanded way to bypass getting consent from your other slavers.
The problem I have is when I get "rewarded" with a random slaver after a mission. But I didn't knew you could talk to them to try to dismiss them. So thanks for the tip.

Scars Unseen

Jan 2, 2018
The problem I have is when I get "rewarded" with a random slaver after a mission. But I didn't knew you could talk to them to try to dismiss them. So thanks for the tip.
You can also just send them on a mission with high or insane risk. If the slavers going aren't developed, they'll probably fail, and even if they don't get captured and disappear outright, it'll serve as grounds to remove them without argument (if they've already been on a few successful mission, it make take a few of these).

Aug 23, 2018
What you want to do when you cant dismiss a slaver is to send them scouting to deep mountains. At worst/best they will succeed and youll have deep mountains scouted, most likely they fail and gain some shitty stat like peaceful and then you can dismiss them without any problem, at best/worst they will just be gone.

trifork

Mar 22, 2020
No matter what i do i always get error, ive tried all three version of Rags from the post by the makers of this game. Does it have something to do with me upgrading from windows 10 to 11?

Nov 16, 2021
Is it possible to hypnotize your Second in Command or other slavers to be more loyal to you?

Possibly even standing on your side if someone tries to take over the encampment.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Is it possible to hypnotize your Second in Command or other slavers to be more loyal to you?

Possibly even standing on your side if someone tries to take over the encampment.
Well, you can give them triggers that you can use to override their own decisions when dealing with them directly (like if you tell them to do something, they refuse, and then you use their triggers to force them to do it anyway), but I don't think this works indirectly in someone else's interactions by making them more loyal in general. I've never had someone try to take over the encampment, but I assume that if you had triggers in whoever tries to overthrow you, you can prevent it. I'm curious as to how that plays out.

The way to do it is to set your nightly activity to "attempt to implant a trigger" and then choose one of your slavers who's not out on a mission that night. I don't think there's a way to manually do it during the day, although I wish there was.

Nov 16, 2021
I'm not sure if this is in the game already or not but is it possible for the player to be forced to make a new encampment by being ran off by their previous followers, I was thinking of it being a possible option since on some assignments it talks about me having a private stash of gold.

Like, if enough slavers in the encampment dislike you then they will try to overthrow you similar to what I have experienced before in the game (since when it last happened to me, I remember only having the options to surrender or fight), but now with an option to escape with my stash and rebuild from scratch. Possibly written in different ways of how you escape based on your traits.

I also think it would be nice to be able to strengthen the loyalty of individual slavers so that if things do go wrong, I can count on them to assist me in a variety of ways. For example, lets say that I was made into a slave through surrendering or fighting, I could gain the assistance of my followers to help me escape, or coordinate with them to regain control of my encampment.

Note: This all hinges on you also having a option to remain as your created character even after being overthrown.

Nov 16, 2021
Well, you can give them triggers that you can use to override their own decisions when dealing with them directly (like if you tell them to do something, they refuse, and then you use their triggers to force them to do it anyway), but I don't think this works indirectly in someone else's interactions by making them more loyal in general. I've never had someone try to take over the encampment, but I assume that if you had triggers in whoever tries to overthrow you, you can prevent it. I'm curious as to how that plays out.

The way to do it is to set your nightly activity to "attempt to implant a trigger" and then choose one of your slavers who's not out on a mission that night. I don't think there's a way to manually do it during the day, although I wish there was.
I did not notice this response before making my suggestion.
Thank you, Rosen King for your input.
Let's hope that the idea could be expanded upon.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes