Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
So, i want to be absolutely clear with one thing, since no matter what i can't perform the changes myself using magic. There is currently, absolutely no way to completely change the genders from Male to Female, and Female to Male? Because even after toggling the general orders to prefer only Males, i'm only recruiting female slaves and i can't change their gender completely to the other, if i get a female character all i can do is change the gender to futas. If i were to put it to numbers, i would estimate that it's close to 93% of the time i get females. If this is intended, i would say there's no point in even having that option on if it's not gonna give you a noticeable impact on character generation. Could be a bug with the code as well but....yeah it's pretty weird, something's acting up with this :unsure:

Another thing i'm noticing is, i can't find the option to go and use Hypnotic Mantras. I have the Hypnotic trait as well as Mesmer aspect, it randomly adds mantras during training, but i cannot access the mantra menu no matter what. Is this a bug or is it intended to only trigger random mantras during training sessions?
Did you switch your nightly activity to planting the triggers for hypnosis first?

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Did you make sure the triggers stacked to over 10 or so?
Yes, i made sure to let them stack to around 20 or more. I went to the glossary to check the mantras to make sure i didn't misunderstand things, but there were several of them and i couldn't find any way to apply them. Some randomly applied during training for characters, but never to fully established mantra. I should be able to use mantras, right?

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Yes, i made sure to let them stack to around 20 or more. I went to the glossary to check the mantras to make sure i didn't misunderstand things, but there were several of them and i couldn't find any way to apply them. Some randomly applied during training for characters, but never to fully established mantra. I should be able to use mantras, right?
Odd, and you made sure to use the talk menu on whoever you intended to use the mantra, right? Just double checking as well that you have space on the screen to see all options.

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Odd, and you made sure to use the talk menu on whoever you intended to use the mantra, right? Just double checking as well that you have space on the screen to see all options.
That is correct yes. I went and used the talk action but was not able to access the mantra menu. The triggers menu worked just fine, just mantras that were inaccessible for reasons unknown, it's odd yeah

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Congratulations, Me, you have the game itself.

And I thought stack call size errors were bad. :rolleyes:

On another note: is there a way to tell what the rewards are from a mission without selecting it, somehow? The reason I am THAT lazy is because I feel there are entirely too many missions awarding slaves all across the board (is Exploration the only type without them? :ROFLMAO: ), and if I select the mission to check whether it can get me a slave (which is a gamble in itself sometimes because it is a Crit reward, for example) I start gambling on whether the game freaks out when I try to cancel the assignment I change my mind about. Basically, every single "nope" becomes a 50/50 toin coss whether I have to re-open the game in a new tab afterwards.

P.S. and things get more confusing when I see both "raid a human farm" and "raid an isolated human farm" at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1810

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Is there a way to, iunno, do SOMETHING about ? I have these "ghost" assignments (Assign 49, 50) I have no idea where from (although I suspect they might be remnants of a "cancel assignment" bug, which I ran into repeatedly). I checked a guide from the thread to go into the console and try to set their remaining days to 1, but to no avail.

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Can you at any point somehow recover slavers lost in the "Quick as you like" assignment or are they gone forever?
There is a random event that can cause your most recently lost slaver to show up again. So as long as you don't lose anyone else, they're likely to eventually show up again, subject to tons of RNG.

KpaxMaJI

Sep 6, 2018
Does anyone else have a weird issue with the deeper foray mission? When I send the team on that assignment every other assignment starts to ask for masterwork armor

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Is there a way to, iunno, do SOMETHING about ? I have these "ghost" assignments (Assign 49, 50) I have no idea where from (although I suspect they might be remnants of a "cancel assignment" bug, which I ran into repeatedly).
Paid attention this time: got the call stack size error on finishing the day, and an assignment went from "Assign 17: Cutprice Roses" to "Assign 17" when it recovered, so those remnants are actually from assignments that failed to resolve properly. Ghost assignment source - found; solution - if anybody can make one, that would not be me.

UPD: had a save 2 days prior to Cutprice Roses finishing, so I reloaded it 4 times just finishing the day until it is supposed to end - it failed the exact same way every time: "maximum call stack size exceeded" error, the game tab in Chrome using 2GB+ of memory, and a ghost "Assign 17" on the assignment list. Maybe Cutprice Roses itself is broken somehow?

UPD2: sped the assignment up via the console to make it end in 1 day instead of 2: same result. Which means I cannot avoid having 3 ghost assignments now (on this save, at least).

Could really use some form of forcing an assignment to resolve, regardless of whether that means "complete" or "cancel".

P.S. Savescumming [on virtually every assignment start and end] just to avoid bugs does not help my enthusiasm. Of which there is very little left at this point, sadly.

Last edited:

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
You have to save BEFORE doing any mission because once you hit 'go' you are locked into throwing whatever shit you have right then and there at the fan.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
You have to save BEFORE doing any mission
And considering there are multiple assignments active at any given moment (slave training is an assignment, as well) - that is unrealistic unless you are into "savegame manager simulator". Not to mention that browsers have limited storage space, so you would be limited in how many savegames total you can have, to boot.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
And considering there are multiple assignments active at any given moment (slave training is an assignment, as well) - that is unrealistic unless you are into "savegame manager simulator". Not to mention that browsers have limited storage space, so you would be limited in how many savegames total you can have, to boot.
So choose, is it unrealistic or not? You say its unrealistic to do it but then say 1 method showing it IS realistic. I'm talking about running 1 or 2 missions a piece when you want to test things, not play that way the whole time.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
I'm talking about running 1 or 2 missions a piece when you want to test things, not play that way the whole time.
Test what, specifically? And to what end?

I found where the issue stems from on my current playthrough, that is over and done with as far as I am concerned: I am not proficient in coding and development, and therefore believe am very ill-equipped to undo the damage that has already been done on my own. Assuming it can be undone at all, to begin with - I cannot determine even that (hence my posts before that).

So choose, is it unrealistic or not? You say its unrealistic to do it but then say 1 method showing it IS realistic.
I get the distinct impression you are trying to spark an argument via nitpicking just for the sake of being snarky, and fail to see how I stand to benefit from participating in that.

tommyboyx595

Aug 18, 2020
Paid attention this time: got the call stack size error on finishing the day, and an assignment went from "Assign 17: Cutprice Roses" to "Assign 17" when it recovered, so those remnants are actually from assignments that failed to resolve properly. Ghost assignment source - found; solution - if anybody can make one, that would not be me.

UPD: had a save 2 days prior to Cutprice Roses finishing, so I reloaded it 4 times just finishing the day until it is supposed to end - it failed the exact same way every time: "maximum call stack size exceeded" error, the game tab in Chrome using 2GB+ of memory, and a ghost "Assign 17" on the assignment list. Maybe Cutprice Roses itself is broken somehow?

UPD2: sped the assignment up via the console to make it end in 1 day instead of 2: same result. Which means I cannot avoid having 3 ghost assignments now (on this save, at least).

Could really use some form of forcing an assignment to resolve, regardless of whether that means "complete" or "cancel".

P.S. Savescumming [on virtually every assignment start and end] just to avoid bugs does not help my enthusiasm. Of which there is very little left at this point, sadly.
I don't know shit about anything that goes into coding or development, but I do enough that the fact that you tracked down the exact issue is usually appreciated by devs. I would recommend posting this to the git or wherever the dev frequents/works most so that they know about it. As a player, thanks for doing bug hunting, I've run into the same exact issue before.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
tommyboyx595 Thank you for the kind words, although I consider myself to be undeserving of them in this particular case: if I run CR on a new game - it resolves just fine (which was expected, to be honest - I would never believe noone ran that assignment before me), which means something else led to the issue, and that puts my low-effort "testing" back to square one. And I lack the knowledge to even attempt to backtrack to where the mess started.

Something (probably unrelated, but who knows) that I wonder about from time to time: the game has the option to continue after you hit the required amount of gold, but how much can it handle past that? It seems to keep track of a bunch of stats, and whilst obviously not ALL of them, some do stay around for the whole duration of the playthrough. The most basic example being the Stats option in-game: click your avatar -> Stats -> General Stats - and you are greeted with records for every slaver and/or slave you ever had: stats (the ones you can directly view via Examine) for the current ones, records of how you lost the ones no longer with you, which is ALOT for my 35-month playthrough - I had Price Of Freedom, a two-day assignment, running over and over for almost a month due to the influx of random slaves. Imagine running that with a full encampment (20 slavers, 20 slaves). Yikes.

Back to gameplay itself, though: what does "an additional Success on X" or the like mean, exactly? For example, the Kitsune racial power: "gain an extra Fail in the City of Aversol and Dreadsea Coast." - is that simply "increased chance of rolling Fail"? How can something like that be counted, like "an extra Fail" or "two additional Disasters"? Is it as simple as a linguistic mistake, or is there some mechanic beyond the percentages?

Yay for edits: do I understand encampment follower role upgrades correctly? That NOT having a slaver/slave fill, say, a Cook role means there is some random no-name working there (with the first upgrade) and further upgrades improve their performance. And in general, the idea is to have either a slaver/slave work there, or have the upgrades. In other words, the idea is to spend the gold so you can free up your people for training/assignments. Or am I misunderstanding something about the "Purchased follower roles will be inactive while you have a slaver or slave filling that same role." part from in-game? Are there any long-term benefits of one over the other?

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes