jamiroq

May 2, 2019
Anyone else has the RAGS just randomly freeze/crash after an hour or two? It works just fine until...it doesn't anymore. Always hangs iteself up on making a selection.
Yes, using the right RAGS version and have installed what is necessary. Game works, as I said.
I have the same issue. It freezes when selecting assignement (no particular pattern for freezes as far as I can tell, sometimes it selects assignements normally, but sooner or later, it freezes). I had two runs, one going 28 months, the other 21 months. Out of nowhere, all saves started crashing the same way, even the earliest ones.

Baudler

Nov 22, 2021
Hey, so noob question from someone just diving into this game for the first time - are the racial bonuses and penalties only for your character or do they apply to all of your slavers?
All the slavers. They don't stack though, like if you have 5 sea elves you don't get 5x dread coast bonus etc.

Actually, I'm only sure the camp leader gives bonuses/penalties to all assignments.
Been some time since I played the game. It always gets old that I can never really finish a game because of the bugs.

Is there a list/wiki that shows ways the PC can get Transformed?
Same ways as any slave. There's really no difference between what you can do to a slave and to the PC apart from perhaps the cyborg golem tf which I'm not sure works for pc.

Last edited:

Yurij

Sep 11, 2017
Anyone know where to get the 3.0.60 version of RAGS? The link on his site is dead
In the download for the game there are a txt file with instructions and couple of links to 2.4.16.0, 2.6.1.0 and 3.0.60.
2.4 or 2.6 is recommended though.

Reactions: Ego Orb

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
In the download for the game there are a txt file with instructions and couple of links to 2.4.16.0, 2.6.1.0 and 3.0.60.
2.4 or 2.6 is recommended though.

I figured out what the problem was, I had to remove the href from the URL that was linked on his site and then the download worked. Dunno what href is, but I guess the site is down.

mlgpro

Mar 9, 2021
Is there a way to debug saves? I sold one of my slaves on encampment role via a random event and now I can not assign anyone to that encampment role anymore. Now it has come to a point where I cannot assign any encampment roles at all through the talk to option.

Baudler

Nov 22, 2021
Is there a way to debug saves? I sold one of my slaves on encampment role via a random event and now I can not assign anyone to that encampment role anymore. Now it has come to a point where I cannot assign any encampment roles at all through the talk to option.
Short answer: yes, but actually no. Because the save file structure is probably complete gibberish.

IF you had an IQ of 200, you probably could figure it out in a day or two, but then you'd not be playing this dumb ass game.

ForeThought

Aug 15, 2017
I have a save that is at month 41 and now it is starting to freeze constantly when I try to advance to the next day, specifically after it shows up with the "expiring assignments" section. I have reloaded older saves (by older, I mean they are month 40 instead of 41) and it may let me go further than when I just froze, but not by much (a week, tops).

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing that or how to fix it? It hasn't happened at all before month 41. problems.png

Edit: After some testing, I think I may have accidentally fixed the issue.

This is only a guess, but I believe the issue was because I had too many clothing/armor/restraints. The game kept freezing at the exact time it did (again, guessing here) because the next "continue" would have generated more clothing/armor/restraints but my supply was already overloaded. All I had to do to fix it was to sell a few items. As soon as space freed up I was able to keep progressing without any issue and even went through 2 more months before I stopped testing.

If this is correct then I believe there is a limit of roughly 35-40 clothing pieces before the game freezes up. I will update this post further if I find out any more information. Feel free to correct me if anyone has a more obvious answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1810

Jizzeon

Aug 4, 2018
Hey I have a glitch on my save file where my slaver can't interact with any slaves. I can't train, talk to, make use of, or anything else with the slaves. Any ideas on how to fix?

jamiroq

May 2, 2019
Rizette
-When and where you can get her: Special Mountains assignment "Villa Most Vile". Here we go: 1) Get a True Angel. Yes, this is difficult enough on its own. Back in the day, the secret to getting one was the most asked question in this thread... the memories... but anyway, for that, get a critical success on Truly Divine with a former paladin of the Light/inquisitor in the first slot, then corruption, biomancy and a trainer. 2) Do a Holding Back the Dark assignment and get a DISASTER result. Even this has only a 50% chance of working, 75% if a Fel Tide event is happening. If this works, it will generate a Mistress of Torments assignment. 3) Success or critical on this MoT will generate Villa Most Vile.
-How: Remember that True Angel? You have to sell it on VMV and get a critical success. Good luck! [HARDEST]
I got a true angel. On disaster on Holding Back the Dark there are two results - one of which is unique, and I guess the right one.
Here's the report the slaver relates:
---
"Your slavers completely failed to hold off the demonic incursion into our realm and proved to be a most entertaining alternative for them compared to just abducting some random villagers...

You're not sure if the experience had just shattered their wits, as some of what Jaina claimed happened to them that night seems unlikely even when dealing with such unchecked insanity violating the possible by their very existence. One detail did strike you though due to how specific it was. The northerner slaver claimed that towards the end as they slipped in and out of focus, was that they had seen something truly immense and red pull it's way free through one of the tears into the real. It had been so big that it had to duck before standing to reveal the full scale of the immensity. Then there had been so much black, and then it had gone.

Presumably that had been Jaina passing out again."
---
Still, Mistress of Torments was not generated. Got this result 6 or 7 times, MoT never generated.
Is it bad RNG, am I missing something or has new bug just dropped?

Reactions: User1810

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
I got a true angel. On disaster on Holding Back the Dark there are two results - one of which is unique, and I guess the right one.
Here's the report the slaver relates:
---
"Your slavers completely failed to hold off the demonic incursion into our realm and proved to be a most entertaining alternative for them compared to just abducting some random villagers...

You're not sure if the experience had just shattered their wits, as some of what Jaina claimed happened to them that night seems unlikely even when dealing with such unchecked insanity violating the possible by their very existence. One detail did strike you though due to how specific it was. The northerner slaver claimed that towards the end as they slipped in and out of focus, was that they had seen something truly immense and red pull it's way free through one of the tears into the real. It had been so big that it had to duck before standing to reveal the full scale of the immensity. Then there had been so much black, and then it had gone.

Presumably that had been Jaina passing out again."
---
Still, Mistress of Torments was not generated. Got this result 6 or 7 times, MoT never generated.
Is it bad RNG, am I missing something or has new bug just dropped?
Yeah, that should be the right text. It is possibly a bug, but also, when assignments are generated, sometimes they are not immediately available but rather only show up after you advance a day or two. Also, if you already have MoT as selectable from scouting, that could also bug the generation. :unsure:

jamiroq

May 2, 2019
Yeah, that should be the right text. It is possibly a bug, but also, when assignments are generated, sometimes they are not immediately available but rather only show up after you advance a day or two. Also, if you already have MoT as selectable from scouting, that could also bug the generation. :unsure:
Finally got the Villa Most Vile - it still didn't generate automatically after Hold Back the Dark or on the following days, but after randomly scouting Mistress of Torments and doing it, the succubus relayed the intended message and the VMV assignement appeared.
Thanks for replying and for the list of uniques you've compiled.

Reactions: Jaxter and User1810
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes