DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Rags 3.0.60 seems to work better.
Has anyone tried to play it and found game breaking bugs?

Reij

Jun 22, 2018
Is there pregnancy in this game? Tags say no
Tags are accurate. The dev isn't a fan of that particular fetish. Wish I could find the some sauce for you but I haven't followed this game as closely for quite awhile. However, it used to be something that would come up with fair regularity in comments on his devblog and Bedlam's response (when given) was usually a hard no (occasionally, a soft no, but no).

Edit: Bedlam's posting of the game on TFGames includes:
What's not going to be in it?
Anything I personally find squicky really so pregnancy, lactations, described gore, watersports and the like. There are a couple of partially anthro races so neko (humans with cat ears and tails), Lamia (humans with snakes tails instead of legs) and centaurs as an example, but outright CoC style furries are not going to be turning up here.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrimeDestroyers

xort

Jun 1, 2017
I'm still impressed that people subject themselves to working in RAGS with so many other options around.

Reij

Jun 22, 2018
He's slowly converting to TWINE, but so as to not lose patrons, he's also still putting out new stuff to the current engine (which slows down the conversion but it's what keeps the paycheck coming which is not just nice/important for the dev, but critical for continuing to commission new art).

muchacho

Jul 19, 2017
Does lore actually play some role in the game or it's just for flavor? There is some lore menus and traits like folklorist but Idk what it's for.

UPD: choosing right unique slaver with recruiter perk I read descriptions and have a question - can I use Lady Kiruna for True Angel mission? She is a former palladin.

Last edited:

Larynx

Dec 31, 2017
Is there a list/guide somewhere with the unique quests and their prerequisites (witch queen etc.)?
Is there a "main quest" or is this game purely a sandbox?

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Does lore actually play some role in the game or it's just for flavor? There is some lore menus and traits like folklorist but Idk what it's for.

UPD: choosing right unique slaver with recruiter perk I read descriptions and have a question - can I use Lady Kiruna for True Angel mission? She is a former palladin.
Folklorist helps in some assignments like other traits but otherwise doesn't have much of an impact. I think it helps finding the witches in the marshlands? There's a bunch of NH-specific lore as Bedlam tries to differentiate from his Warhammer/WoW influences, but it doesn't affect gameplay a lot.

Kiruna's patron wrote some erotica about her. Apparently she wasn't a paladin of the Light, but of one of the other faiths - the Blinded Lady IIRC. Lorewise it has to be a paladin or purifier of the Light to fit the Truly Divine assignment.

Feb 1, 2018
This game has the worst UI i have ever used in any game ever and thats saying a lot what a shame seems like a cool game but with this UI hell no.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Tags are accurate. The dev isn't a fan of that particular fetish. Wish I could find the some sauce for you but I haven't followed this game as closely for quite awhile. However, it used to be something that would come up with fair regularity in comments on his devblog and Bedlam's response (when given) was usually a hard no (occasionally, a soft no, but no).

Edit: Bedlam's posting of the game on TFGames includes:
This seems like exactly the sort of game that would have pregnancy so that's just bizarre to me but I am also amused that sex slavery is okay but not pregnancy. lmao

goiabadatop

Dec 31, 2018
when there is a choice in the red window in the upper right corner, the window with the texts and the rest of the functions are inactive and this gets in the way, is there any way to remove this block?

for example, when I go to the tavern and the option to acquire mercenaries appears, I cannot see / read which mercenaries are, because the scroll bar in the text window is blocked and is only unlocked when I make a choice.
1586904294289.png

Last edited:

ThunderL

Jul 17, 2019
I'm feeling pretty dumb for not figuring this out, but how do I do assignments? How do I assign slavers to them? I read the tutorial. But, every time I click an assignment it doesn't pop out for me to assign a slaver.

TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
For performance problems my post 2 years ago should still be valid. It increase performance in saving and loading from 50sec to taking 10 seconds and the other changes worked reasonably well for me as well. The config change should be valid for all versions of rags while the assembly hacking is only good for 2.4.16.

Older Post with Performance Tweaks

I'm still impressed that people subject themselves to working in RAGS with so many other options around.
Having run into this game originally at Hypnopics, I'm sure that its because it was the "best" option at the time when compared to Adrift or Inform based games to achieve his goals. I know I was not aware of renpy at the time. Once the project is working there is a strong desire not to redo it. I'm not sure I think twine is a better engine for this game but I don't really know it so perhaps it is. I suspect that renpy could do better, faster, more easily but in reality its whatever the developer is skilled or comfortable with I guess.

tioafa4

Jul 12, 2018
I'm guessing the advantages of Twine over Ren'Py for No Haven are
- a language that is arguably easier to learn from scratch in the context of what the game does;
- a standard UI that is potentially more appropriate for long lists of options; and
- an engine that works on nearly everything without the need for porting.

Reactions: inkyhorn
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes