theoriginal

Jun 26, 2020
Hey, Not sure if this is a bug or im doing something wrong?

I finished the TMF mission on a crit with a slaver with Corruption, got the text saying he learned the ritual. When i speak to Shadriel the next day, i get the right text about the ritual, but the mission doesn't appear in the deep mountains?

Its the first time doing the mission.

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Hey, Not sure if this is a bug or im doing something wrong?

I finished the TMF mission on a crit with a slaver with Corruption, got the text saying he learned the ritual. When i speak to Shadriel the next day, i get the right text about the ritual, but the mission doesn't appear in the deep mountains?

Its the first time doing the mission.
The assignment, "Arrogance Subjugated", doesn't appear instantly - you have to scout the Mountains normally and it should now be among the possible Rare assignments you can find. You can do it multiple times.

dragonius

Jan 7, 2017
Thank you, I will take a lok and se if I can understand this
problem launch game:
0. Uninstall all instances of Microsoft SQL Server and RAGS Player

1. Download Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Desktop from

2. Install the 32-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 MSI files

3. Install the 64-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 MSI files

4. Download and install RAGS Classic 2.4.16 or 2.6.x from

5. Open the .rag file for No Haven using the RAGS Player from the previous step

Reactions: Khairus

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Once it stops loading, you should be able to click the text and scroll up and down, before clicking the red button to advance.
tl;dr = No.

"The red window" likely refers to the dialogue window in Rags 3.0.60.0, in which there is no means to scroll while it's open.
In Rags 2.4.16.0 you can indeed scroll while the dialogue window is open.
The major changes to dialogue window and backscroll buffer was to reduce the slowdown games experience when you've been playing them for a while (ESPECIALLY No Haven). Therefore Rags 3.0.60.0 is a lot faster, but since the game is coded for 2.4.16.0 it's also a lot buggier. There are a few other difference, like how it handles the window-manager, how the default window is even constructed, and what you can drag around.

If you're using 2.4.16.0, save, close, reopen, reload, approximately every in-game month, or after 40ish minutes to an hour. This will release ram, clear backscroll, and significantly speed the game up.

migale

Nov 14, 2017
hi, i had difficulties for loanching the game, but after some time and installiing SQL and .NET, i've succeed, play a bit, save, and close the game.

Now, i can't load the game, saying the RAGS game file is unreadable :(

I use RAGS 2.6.1 on windows 10 and i don't know what to do, please, help me

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Not sure there's a solution to getting your save file readable. But you should probably use RAGS 2.4.16.0.
And even if you do, savefiles (and leader exportation) won't work across game-versions and RAGS versions.

migale

Nov 14, 2017
Not sure there's a solution to getting your save file readable. But you should probably use RAGS 2.4.16.0.
And even if you do, savefiles (and leader exportation) won't work across game-versions and RAGS versions.
Dont worry for my saves, i wasnt really far in the game, 15 days maximum, and i've done some mistake while playing, so i would have create another game anyway.

Thanks for your quick response, i'll try that later today and come back after trying.

have a good day :)

EDIT :

I've try your solution, and it WORK ... with a bug :(

not a big bug making the game unplayable, but really annoying, when i load the game the name display on the lower right and lower center of the screen are now "slaver 1", "slaver 2", ect, replacing "name - gender race - (carac1) (carac2) ...". I've try this 2 times, when i save and load the game without closing the app, the bug doesnt happen, but if i close the app, all the name are replaced.

So i am once again asking for your debugging support :)

Last edited:

Omnius

May 14, 2017
Dunno if I'm doing something wrong but theres no Puppet Leader event it just goes up to 120 gold and repeats the same scene. Lame.

Reactions: joe316

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Dunno if I'm doing something wrong but theres no Puppet Leader event it just goes up to 120 gold and repeats the same scene. Lame.
Same, I've played from over a year in-game time, and have been getting the 120 gold event from 5 separate slavers since week 2, and still nothing.

Omnius

May 14, 2017
Its okay you'll probably just get challenged by your weak second in command with no combat skills and lose somehow

Bedlam said its a throwback to Rough Landing, he's right. It's unfinished XD

Last edited:

VineBear

Feb 19, 2018
Same, I've played from over a year in-game time, and have been getting the 120 gold event from 5 separate slavers since week 2, and still nothing.

From what I understand, they need to either have dominator, hypnosis or malevolent to puppet, though I've been having trouble getting it to fire as well. Not sure if it's a bug or if RNGesus doesn't favour me

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
From what I understand, they need to either have dominator, hypnosis or malevolent to puppet, though I've been having trouble getting it to fire as well. Not sure if it's a bug or if RNGesus doesn't favour me
The most recent update added the ability for it to trigger without mind alteration, but I can't even get it to trigger with hypnosis. So I dunno.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes