Blob

May 7, 2017
You do have to switch the encoding to Unicode, but you only have to do that once, RAGS remembers the setting for all future games.
And how do you do that? I just tried Rags 3 and it's a lot faster, but it also looks a bit messed up. The window with "Encampment" and "Click to continue" is stuck on my screen.

Mar 27, 2018
And how do you do that? I just tried Rags 3 and it's a lot faster, but it also looks a bit messed up. The window with "Encampment" and "Click to continue" is stuck on my screen.
Right click on main screen (where all the text is), select Encoding, then Unicode (UTF-8). This only has to be done once ever, but you have to do it in a fresh game before making a character or anything, because it might crash a game in progress. If you do it once, you should be fine forever, even when upgrading to a new version of No Haven.

You also have to click Tools -> Update Text to HTML in the menu bar up top. Unlike the Unicode thing, you do have to do this once every game, but it's also not fussy about when you do it.

If you do these two things, everything should be strictly better than it was with Rags 2.6. At least, it is for me.

Reactions: User1810

Blob

May 7, 2017
Right click on main screen (where all the text is), select Encoding, then Unicode (UTF-8). This only has to be done once ever, but you have to do it in a fresh game before making a character or anything, because it might crash a game in progress. If you do it once, you should be fine forever, even when upgrading to a new version of No Haven.

You also have to click Tools -> Update Text to HTML in the menu bar up top. Unlike the Unicode thing, you do have to do this once every game, but it's also not fussy about when you do it.

If you do these two things, everything should be strictly better than it was with Rags 2.6. At least, it is for me.
Thanks, I did both but I still have the Encampment/click to continue area taking up a lot of space

chopish

Sep 12, 2020
If you look at the finish day - post timer or whatever it's called there the game is supposed to check if the player is wearing slime armor or the chastity belt with pleasure crystal that one of the uniques have and give you a little message / effect based off of that and some other traits. Doesn't appear to be used though I just find that interesting.

Blob

May 7, 2017
I keep getting crashes with Rags 3.06 when I save the game. It doesn't happen every time but often enough to be annoying.
Windows event log says something about " .NET Runtime error + System.OutOfMemoryException "

Is there something I can do about this or should I just go back to the older rags player?

Aug 23, 2018
I really like this game so I keep coming back every couple of months to see if the Twine conversion that's "coming soon" is finished, but it never seems to be. There are art commissions, art commissions, and more art commissions
yeah the conversion is coming but dont expect it any time soon. Just learn to live with rags i guess, its not nearly as bad as people say

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
I really like this game so I keep coming back every couple of months to see if the Twine conversion that's "coming soon" is finished, but it never seems to be. There are art commissions, art commissions, and more art commissions
To be fair I rarely see people saying "soon", it's more "eventually".

I set my expectations on 2024 and I might still be disappointed.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Damn, haven't even looked at this game in at least a year, likely two. People claimed the same thing then too. I know conversions are annoying but I mean....

Also, Rags is garbage. Could never enjoy the game. Spent more time attempting to make Rags decent than playing the game. Plot twist, I never succeeded.

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
No Haven 0.962 - TF Edition - Hotfix
All going well this will be the final version of this update and will also be the public release.

Of course that's very dependent on this new thing I'm trying to defeat the armour bug holding together, and not doing anything really weird. Does seem to be working so far with everything I've tried, but on other's computers is so often a very different story so who knows.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LastPleasure

Oct 31, 2017
Well, nice game but i won't play it because i'm forced to be dominant. I'd like to be a sub leader....... What a waste

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Well, nice game but i won't play it because i'm forced to be dominant. I'd like to be a sub leader....... What a waste
You can give your leader the "Secretly Submissive" trait (which is functionally identical to the Submissive trait on all other characters, I believe) and send yourself out on missions where you'll be used by other characters. There's also a way to acquire the "puppet leader" status where another character is really in charge.

Hard to make a game about capturing, training, and selling slaves where the leader is openly submissive, though.

Feb 24, 2019
So just wondering how do you access the Ensnared Rose? I know when you get invited at first its through daily activity(?) but what if you dont go and interact with the invite? Im wondering because Ive tried changing my armor but cant and the game instructs me to go see the Mistress of Ensnared Rose but the option to is not available...

IRTilter

Mar 29, 2018
I've tried playing this game many times and still can't get RAGS to work
I couldnt get it to work with 2.4.16.0 version of RAGS, just came up with an error when loading the file. There is a readme in the no haven zip that has alternative instructions. The one that worked for me was to get the 3.0.60 player that is available from the web address in that readme.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Anyone else get a bug(?) with the 3.0.6 player where the text becomes teeny tiny unreasonably sized in the top left box?

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes