Jooh Jooh

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2019
Hey guys, just a heads up about game lore/narrative: As you can see, I'm not good at writing.
The game overview is also very simple. For now, I'm just making some stuff that I found funny.
That's how far I'll go for the scenes. That way, I can have fun while doing this.

At first, I tried to make longer quests with some narrative, but guess what? It's bad, and a scene keeps going to something that doesn't make any sense.
So I regretted it and started removing stuff. I don't want to do that anymore because I want to show you guys good content with the best quality I can.

I was thinking about that and I came up with the conclusion, "Well, if I'm not good at this at all, why do it at all?" So instead of burning my brain out trying to figure out the best idea for a scenario or lore, I'll just make some simple scenes with basic dialogues and faster quests.

That way, I can release more content faster, and the work on the game can be easy and simple for me. In this update, I've made the game easier and faster, and for the first time since the demo, I could sleep well because I've made some easy-to-make scenes and I didn't burn out.

(By the way, before the demo, I had zero experience in making a game at all. I spent months learning to code and how Koikatsu works. Then, after the game launched, I've been trying to make the game better and smoother every day, trying to solve a lot of problems that I was not aware of because, like most of you, I was just a dude playing a bunch of hentai games.
I didn't know anything about how it actually works. But now I understand that this can be very time-consuming and not as easy as I thought.)

So here's what I'm going to do: now I'll focus more on the sex scenes and make a lot more with easy set-ups so I can fill the game with a lot of scenes and content.
Then, in the future, if the game goes well, I'll pay a writer to do the job so I don't need to try doing things that I'm not good at, and you guys get some good dialogues that make sense and are well-made. (I can't afford a writer right now. I'm not really in a good spot, so yeah.)

Well, that's it, boys. That's the best conclusion I could come up with. Yes, I know doing scenes now and writing later is not the right order, but in the future, when the game is complete, that would not make any difference if you think about it.
And for now, you guys are not playing the game; you are testing and developing the game with me, helping me out by removing stuff that looks bad or giving feedback about stuff.

EDIT: In this update 0.07 , I've implemented a VN mode where you can choose your character. The idea is that you can experience how certain scenes begin by playing as those characters. Additionally, this allows you to get to know them better, so this may help developing the lore.

Last edited:

Egris

May 6, 2020
I don't really like the ntr, i loved the game in the first builds but then Ray scenes..., don't get me wrong, the ones with the futa chick are hot, but Ray... anyways i wish you good luck my friend

Jooh Jooh

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2019
There is a way to solve this "don't prompt the player every time" that I only just learned about, but it seems very convoluted, and is probably too much work anyways, especially if your current way works fine.

Basically, RenPy has a feature called , where if you save data to it under a certain name, you can then recall that data in future versions. In their example, it can be used to check if you have beaten the first part of the game. In your case, you can do something like:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This allows for the user to set preferences in one version of the game, and skip the process in a later version, while also being dynamic in case new content gets added that changes things. You can go one step further in the code and even ask the user "Do you want to change your preferences for <content>?" with an if statement.

Of course, if your code works how it should, then there's no need to fix what isn't broken. In case this becomes an issue in the future, then this may be a decent solution if you need it.
1684063652141.png

• Haha
Reactions: SimReaper18

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
That was the idea at the start of the game, but with so many characters, I thought you guys would be upset about changing so many names. That's why I kept it that way. However, I think if I want to change it now, I'll have to modify a lot of dialogues in the code, so I'm not entirely certain about it. If it's not too much work, I could create a menu where you can change the names, but please don't expect it to be available soon.
Thank you, friend, looking forward to that.

slmkaz

Dec 11, 2017
Well, i'll make cute boys too. There's only one for know because i didn't get any feedback on him yet. So i figure people didn't like that much. Glad you liked. I'm already working on scenes between homura and dorian. The mc can have fun with dorian too if you guys ask for it. I'm always on the discord come here and leave some suggestions. Yeah there's already some people asking for futa on mc so expect scenes like that on the next updates. thanks for the feedback i hope you enjoy the game.
Love all of that. Homura definitely has that dom energy and would love to see it more; even on MC.
Edit: Sorry didn't realize I was on page 7 so I'm quoting a month old statement. Sentiment still stands though lol:ROFLMAO:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hey guys, just a heads up about game lore/narrative: As you can see, I'm not good at writing.
The game overview is also very simple. For now, I'm just making some stuff that I found funny.
That's how far I'll go for the scenes. That way, I can have fun while doing this.

At first, I tried to make longer quests with some narrative, but guess what? It's bad, and a scene keeps going to something that doesn't make any sense.
So I regretted it and started removing stuff. I don't want to do that anymore because I want to show you guys good content with the best quality I can.

I was thinking about that and I came up with the conclusion, "Well, if I'm not good at this at all, why do it at all?" So instead of burning my brain out trying to figure out the best idea for a scenario or lore, I'll just make some simple scenes with basic dialogues and faster quests.

That way, I can release more content faster, and the work on the game can be easy and simple for me. In this update, I've made the game easier and faster, and for the first time since the demo, I could sleep well because I've made some easy-to-make scenes and I didn't burn out.

(By the way, before the demo, I had zero experience in making a game at all. I spent months learning to code and how Koikatsu works. Then, after the game launched, I've been trying to make the game better and smoother every day, trying to solve a lot of problems that I was not aware of because, like most of you, I was just a dude playing a bunch of hentai games.
I didn't know anything about how it actually works. But now I understand that this can be very time-consuming and not as easy as I thought.)

So here's what I'm going to do: now I'll focus more on the sex scenes and make a lot more with easy set-ups so I can fill the game with a lot of scenes and content.
Then, in the future, if the game goes well, I'll pay a writer to do the job so I don't need to try doing things that I'm not good at, and you guys get some good dialogues that make sense and are well-made. (I can't afford a writer right now. I'm not really in a good spot, so yeah.)

Well, that's it, boys. That's the best conclusion I could come up with. Yes, I know doing scenes now and writing later is not the right order, but in the future, when the game is complete, that would not make any difference if you think about it.
And for now, you guys are not playing the game; you are testing and developing the game with me, helping me out by removing stuff that looks bad or giving feedback about stuff.

We are together on this to make the best game we can. And if this game succeeds, you have my word that I'll invest anything I can in a crew to make this better for you. For now, it's just me, so please be patient. Sorry for the long post.
If in the future you decide to do something similar to this game but that includes romance with the LIs (and therefore if you turn off the NTR and the futa the LIs are always exclusive to the MC since it never happens, neither on screen nor off screen) I guess I'll try. Until then I just wish you luck with the game.

• Angry
Reactions: Gudil

Jooh Jooh

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2019
Where is the 0.5 files?
Do you mean save files? If so, in version 0.03, the saves were removed, and you will need to start over. All quests have been changed and are now easier, allowing you to progress much faster. Please start over and check it out.

Jooh Jooh

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2019
If in the future you decide to do something similar to this game but that includes romance with the LIs (and therefore if you turn off the NTR and the futa the LIs are always exclusive to the MC since it never happens, neither on screen nor off screen) I guess I'll try. Until then I just wish you luck with the game.
The game is currently following this route, and I don't have any plans to make further changes. Perhaps in the future, if things go well, I will work on this full-time and do additional projects. It will also allow me to improve my skills since I'm still in the learning process. Consequently, the upcoming games will be more polished, which is good too. In the meantime, I will utilize this game as a learning experience, considering my long-term commitment to it. With more experience, I will be able to deliver a better quality product next time. For now, I already expect a lot of complaints, but I'm fine with that.

Man, I love ChatGPT It makes me sound like an educated person when I speak.

• Haha
Reactions: DBOO and Khao

Jooh Jooh

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2019
Love all of that. Homura definitely has that dom energy and would love to see it more; even on MC.
Edit: Sorry didn't realize I was on page 7 so I'm quoting a month old statement. Sentiment still stands though lol:ROFLMAO:
I always post previews on Discord, so feel free to join. The next update will likely have more scenes with Homura so check it out if you can.

Reactions: slmkaz
2.60 star(s) 18 Votes