VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 155 Votes

Maverick369

Nov 22, 2021
i totally agree that charlotte is not just going to throw 20 years away for something that she knows is taboo as well as the fact that there is no guarantee that relationship with son is permanent. It’s different in this case as her husband has not done anything serious other than being an asshole. If huband had been cheating then I think she would not have had much of a problem

Reactions: royalcandy

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Yes I feel you, but at the same time you don't kiss goodbye a 20 years marriage, just like that. Usually people get used to bullshit, so it's hard to say fuck it just like that, but if you played the latest versions you can see that she's really close and the fact that she falls in love slowly with her son, doesn't help her marriage at all, but at the same time, you have to understand that she's a woman in her 40s. She's not a girl who doesn't care about the consquences. Both Tris and Charlotte are attracted to the MC, but look how they act on that. Charlotte is the woman to think before she acts, except for when she drinks, while Tris, she teases her brother with every occasion, she doesn't think about the consequences. She's just playing.
Yes I do understand that. And I get that about her being married for 20 years. We didn't see before the move, but just from how the Dad is, I would say he was more Married to his Work then he was to Charlotte. Thus Charlotte would have spent most of those 20 years as a Work Widow. We all change as we get older. Are you the same person you were 20 or even 10 years ago? NO. So does Charlotte even know who her Husband is anymore since he has spent more time working then being with her. She is now in her 40's probably wondering what she has missed out on.

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Yes I do understand that. And I get that about her being married for 20 years. We didn't see before the move, but just from how the Dad is, I would say he was more Married to his Work then he was to Charlotte. Thus Charlotte would have spent most of those 20 years as a Work Widow. We all change as we get older. Are you the same person you were 20 or even 10 years ago? NO. So does Charlotte even know who her Husband is anymore since he has spent more time working then being with her. She is now in her 40's probably wondering what she has missed out on.
Well, actually she did say that it was not like this for most of the time. She didn't had this kind of problems at first, it's something new, that's why it's hard for her to leave everything behind just like that.
Also Maverick is quite on point.
i totally agree that charlotte is not just going to throw 20 years away for something that she knows is taboo as well as the fact that there is no guarantee that relationship with son is permanent. It’s different in this case as her husband has not done anything serious other than being an asshole. If huband had been cheating then I think she would not have had much of a problem
Her husband is an ass, but that's it. He's not all bad. Yes, he is married to his work, he buries himself in work, trying to forget about the real problem, but you need to remember where all those frustration come. I'm not trying to take his side here, but if you try, you can understand what he goes through.

It takes two people to build a marriage, but at the same time you also need two people to ruin one, so what I'm trying to say is that there is no black or white in Charlotte's situation. As much as I'm trying to make Erwin the bad guy here and Charlotte the good loving wife, the perfect woman, well, sorry, but that's not the case. There isn't a right path or a wrong path here.

I'm doing my best to paint a real family with real problems in my game. You as a player, view the game from MC's perspective. You only see what the MC sees. The image of Charlotte that is presented to you, is the image of a loving mother, who is feeling neglected and offended by her husband, and because of that she started to have feelings for another man who was always there for her, however that man turned out to be her son, the MC, which complicates things.
So what should she do now? Cheat on her husband? Go further with an incestuous relationship, when she clearly knows it's wrong to cheat, or have a relationship with your son? She's in a constant fight with her urges, feelings, her morality and the fact that her marriage is broken doesn't help her at all, so it's normal for her to loose fight after, fight till the war is over, but from time to time, she manages to win a battle or two, but next day another battle is coming, because the man she's clearly attracted to wants to put some sunscreen on her back, ass, boobs. Charlotte and Tris are the most complex characters I have ever created. For some this is just grinding, for me, they are two characters with personality, feelings, traits, wishes and so on. I'm doing my best to make them as real as possible.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Well, actually she did say that it was not like this for most of the time. She didn't had this kind of problems at first, it's something new, that's why it's hard for her to leave everything behind just like that.
Also Maverick is quite on point.

Her husband is an ass, but that's it. He's not all bad. Yes, he is married to his work, he buries himself in work, trying to forget about the real problem, but you need to remember where all those frustration come. I'm not trying to take his side here, but if you try, you can understand what he goes through.

It takes two people to build a marriage, but at the same time you also need two people to ruin one, so what I'm trying to say is that there is no black or white in Charlotte's situation. As much as I'm trying to make Erwin the bad guy here and Charlotte the good loving wife, the perfect woman, well, sorry, but that's not the case. There isn't a right path or a wrong path here.

I'm doing my best to paint a real family with real problems in my game. You as a player, view the game from MC's perspective. You only see what the MC sees. The image of Charlotte that is presented to you, is the image of a loving mother, who is feeling neglected and offended by her husband, and because of that she started to have feelings for another man who was always there for her, however that man turned out to be her son, the MC, which complicates things.
So what should she do now? Cheat on her husband? Go further with an incestuous relationship, when she clearly knows it's wrong to cheat, or have a relationship with your son? She's in a constant fight with her urges, feelings, her morality and the fact that her marriage is broken doesn't help her at all, so it's normal for her to loose fight after, fight till the war is over, but from time to time, she manages to win a battle or two, but next day another battle is coming, because the man she's clearly attracted to wants to put some sunscreen on her back, ass, boobs. Charlotte and Tris are the most complex characters I have ever created. For some this is just grinding, for me, they are two characters with personality, feelings, traits, wishes and so on. I'm doing my best to make them as real as possible.
Yes you are right . When I play I become the MC in the game. So even if the Dad is the Prefect Husband and Father, I still want MC to nail the MOM. I have enjoyed the game (and will continue too) even if it frustrates me at times. And I have really enjoyed our talk.

Reactions: royalcandy

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I'm not going to do a poll on something this basic. In the case you'll have more paths open and the girls will be compatible, like you mentioned Tris, Charlotte and Denise, while the MC will have fun with one of them, the other two won't watch eating popcorn, they will have fun either with the third girl, or between them. I will not force anything, it will come natural. If this is the lesbo he was talking, then I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

When you talk about lesbians, I'm thinking about the other girls will fall inlove with each other, will start kissing, having sex, without the MC. I will not add this kind of relationships between them, but just like you mentioned, there will be a connection between the girls.

Yes, not all the girls will be compatible, but the threesome/foursome and so on, it will be as intense as possible.
Personally I hope you take a middle of the road approach to both the posters who were on opposite sides. (which by this response it seems you are).

I think you nailed it with the endings for NMS, despite some people hating them with a passion, I thought they were decent to good... were they perfect ? Nope... they all seemed a bit rushed, but not so far as to say "game is garbage and incomplete"... thats moronic ! I just think they could ahve been longer, more slides, more story for each person, or combo of people... and they should have happened at different intervals... having the endings in a "choose your ending" at the party was not the ebst idea.

Back to NMM, I dont expect an off the wall threesome pairing that doesnt make sense like Katrina with the Black Cop lady... they are on opposite sides, it'd be dumb to have a threesome ending with them... or The Aunt and one of the college girls... Again dumb, they havent even met in the story at all...

That said to the guy complaining its dumb to think the Charlotte CANT love both her children ! and her sister as well... The ending of NMS with Jeane, Lizzy, Amie and Vanessa was to me the "canon" ending of that game. It made the most sense as far as the incest endings, if he had picked only Lizzy or Jeane or Amie, it would ahve broken the other two, Vanessa is the only one excempt from that since she isnt blood related, so he can choose her over family the same way he could choose Stephania or Brandy.

I also think a threesome ending with Liza and .... crap I forgot the red-heads name... the two college girl is tottally possible, they seem down for that, Liza needs a bit more work, but she is curious, and the red head is down for everything.

Likewise the Real Estate and the Club Owner also could be a threesome since they love carpet munching each other, and the MC can be their RL dildo... After the last update I am kind of wary of the club owner trying to becopme a rival, and add unnecesary crap to the story... If it was a choice I'd have her busted by cop lady, and have the real estate for the MC's lonesome in one ending LOL.

I almost forgot about the GF... her graphical update from how she looked at the start makes me want to punch her hair and her tits... she ruined herself. So I kinda hate her, and the only reason I dont break up with her is her backstory made her likable and made me feel bad for her, so I didnt have the heart to toss her on her ass. That said she seems fiercly loyal to the MC, and I can see her in any path really, solo, adding to harems, etc...

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Eh, a pity the more violent/demanding path from the job choice was dropped in development. It was a neat idea.

Also, I am surprised MC is still not renting himself a separate apartment/contributes fully to the rent of the one where he lives now. Like, come on, he makes enough money and he is trying to be an adult now.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Also, I am surprised MC is still not renting himself a separate apartment/contributes fully to the rent of the one where he lives now. Like, come on, he makes enough money and he is trying to be an adult now.
why would he move away from his girls?

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
Dear Dev, thanks for creating such awesome game and even more for taking time to share your thoughts here. I agree, your characters are very well written and their development in the story is coherent and the dialogues are superb!

One question: early in the game you are asked to chose a route (bad boy, good guy). does that influence the interaction with the family as well? I am only playing one route (bad) and thus cannot compare but I do not think I am a bad influcene to Tris and Charlotte, but rather sweet, loving and cool. Whereas I would definitely play that route, evil me would also love to corrupt them, do you plan on offering different paths with Tris & Charlotte? Sorry if this is a silly question?

Reactions: KrusherKev

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Dear Dev, thanks for creating such awesome game and even more for taking time to share your thoughts here. I agree, your characters are very well written and their development in the story is coherent and the dialogues are superb!

One question: early in the game you are asked to chose a route (bad boy, good guy). does that influence the interaction with the family as well? I am only playing one route (bad) and thus cannot compare but I do not think I am a bad influcene to Tris and Charlotte, but rather sweet, loving and cool. Whereas I would definitely play that route, evil me would also love to corrupt them, do you plan on offering different paths with Tris & Charlotte? Sorry if this is a silly question?
Well, I'm trying to make the transition without realizing too much, but the MC is changing on the bad route. He's being less and less sweet towards the girls. For now he only gets worked up faster, looses his cool easier, talks dirty to the girls, swears more, but his change is not done. Once he become evil or maybe just a bad guy, well he will approach the girls different.
However the main difference is going to be on the main story.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
why would he move away from his girls?
cause they aren't his girls and all they have done so far is tease him. Charlotte teases and teases MC gets all excited and then Charlotte says something like "We have to stop this". Enough times of getting blue balled and a guy would say f this and leave. Tris teases and teases and then acts like a bitch to MC followed by asking him for MONEY. And you ask why he would move. Charlotte and Tris are getting to feel romanced and special. What is MC getting besides Blue Balls?

Xeron_Xr

Apr 5, 2020

Hi guys,
How are you?
The development of the No More Money game is going really well, even though it doesn't seem like it. This past week I almost completed posing most of the animations, so once I'm done with that I only have to do the still images and render the animations overnight, but the things are going really smooth.
Also last week I made a poll for my patrons asking them what features they would like to see in the upcoming version and they voted a Gallery where you can revisit the important events from the game, mainly sex ones, so as soon as I finish the renders I'll start coding that gallery. Those of you who worry that this might delay the release, don't worry, I'll be done with the renders, audio, testing & debugging and the animations would still not be done, because like I was saying it takes around 10-16 hours to render one animation and there are still a lot to be rendered.
Best regards,
Jason

4.20 star(s) 155 Votes