VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 153 Votes

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
What you call slow-burn I call realism and relationship development. You just can't expect two family members who all their life knew there shouldn't be any sexual relationship between them, to just forget every principle and have sex with each other in just two weeks.

It takes time to first get used to the idea of being attracted to a the person you were not supposed to.
Then it takes even more time to find the guts to act based on your attractions.
Then you have to let the other person know how you feel. Just because you got used to the idea that your sister/mother is hot, doesn't mean she has to sleep with you. Now it's her turn to have the same fights.
After that they have to pass the first steps together. First kiss, first handjob, first blowjob and so on.

If you want something to release your tension check this website: I'm sure you can find plenty of materials. This is a visual novel. And just like a real novel there is a story that is being told.

I understand it can be frustrating to see a game which is more than a year in development to not reach the hot stuff, but even if for you it's been a year, for the characters in the game it's been only a few weeks. So because I can't afford to do this full time or even better hire more people to help me out so that we can make more content and progress each relationship faster, this is the price we have to pay.

The same thing goes for most developers who didn't cross a certain step. You can't expect a developer who is doing this as a second job, to give the same amount of content as someone who has 2000 patrons and earns in a month as much as I earn in a year.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
What you call slow-burn I call realism and relationship development. You just can't expect two family members who all their life knew there shouldn't be any sexual relationship between them, to just forget every principle and have sex with each other in just two weeks.
Of course I always hope for some 'action' with my favorite chars or some good naughty renders, but I prefer your approach with the (more or less) realistic relationships.
There are visual novels and some games which focus on the lewd scenes only and I find them boring as hell. They might have nice renders, but they lack something one can not just see, but also relate to.
You found a good balance between story and action, keep going.

ps: I admit I didn't like Charlotte's "coming out" at all and it almost made me exclude her from the game, but that probably means it hit a button in me which made me dislike it, others might react differently to that same button. In any case it means that you hit the ... ot at least 'a' spot.

Reactions: royalcandy

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020

It takes time to first get used to the idea of being attracted to a the person you were not supposed to.
Then you have to let the other person know how you feel. Just because you got used to the idea that your sister/mother is hot, doesn't mean she has to sleep with you. Now it's her turn to have the same fights.
After that they have to pass the first steps together. First kiss, first handjob, first blowjob and so on.

If you want something to release your tension check this website: I'm sure you can find plenty of materials. This is a visual novel. And just like a real novel there is a story that is being told.

I understand it can be frustrating to see a game which is more than a year in development to not reach the hot stuff, but even if for you it's been a year, for the characters in the game it's been only a few weeks. So because I can't afford to do this full time or even better hire more people to help me out so that we can make more content and progress each relationship faster, this is the price we have to pay.

The same thing goes for most developers who didn't cross a certain step. You can't expect a developer who is doing this as a second job, to give the same amount of content as someone who has 2000 patrons and earns in a month as much as I earn in a year.
" What you call slow-burn I call realism and relationship development. You just can't expect two family members who all their life knew there shouldn't be any sexual relationship between them, to just forget every principle and have sex with each other in just two weeks. " Here is your problem. It hasn't been 2 weeks. It has been YEARS.

Charlotte is writing a book, her 1st BOOK. You don't just wake up and start writing a book. You plan it out, play the scenes in your head for several months or years before you get the courage to actually start writing. Charlotte is the MC of the book. The MC's love interest in the book is the MC of the game. So long before they moved ( the game began) Charlotte has been dreaming of her and MC being together. The only thing that has been stopping her before the move is that her husband was fulfilling some of he roles as a husband. He was providing. He was giving them a good home and his money was providing for them and the home. That isn't the case anymore. The bedroom is dead. He is never there, thus he isn't protecting the family. He isn't providing for the family ( hasn't given them any money). Actually right now he is a burden to the family. The feelings have been there and for a lot longer then 2 weeks. So REALISTICALLY with how she feels for MC and the behavior of her husband, Charlotte should have already acted on her feelings. The night of the husband's office party (yes first demo if I remember correctly). The Husband HUMILIATES her in front of his friends (that would have killed all respect and love she had for him right there). MC has to come get her (Knight in Shinning armor riding up on his faithful steed to rescue the lovely princess). Everything was there. Charlotte angry at the husband, her love for MC, MC saving her and her drinking. So realistically it would have happened right then. Should have happened and most can see that. Heck there has been many times since that part of the game that is SHOULD have happened. The only reason it didn't is cause you Dev wanted to drag it out. Yes we all get it you believe it makes the game more romantic slow burning the story. I for one find it FRUSTRATING as Hell.

Trish, has never had a boyfriend. My god why not the girl is GORGEOUS. Oh that's right no other guy could compare to MC. Why would she need to compare other guys to MC. hmmmmmmmmm Oh cause she has a crush on MC and once again long before the move. Heck she was even jealous of MC's girlfriend and would call her a "GOLDDIGGER". So again Dev the feelings were there and long before the 2 weeks (long before the game began). So you have 2 horny hormonal teenagers (even 20 year olds) damn near naked sleeping in the same bed for days. Specially with Trish having a crush already on MC. Heck Trish would have loved to have fucked MC and stolen him from his girlfriend. IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. Realistically they would have been banging like rabbits by the second night.

Sorry you can't use REALISM to justify the slow burn in the game when the feelings were already there before the game even started. So let's look at Reality. The reality is that Trish is a 12 and Charlotte is a 15. So there would be a line of boys and a line of men outside their front door 3 blocks long all waiting to ask either of them out. Reality is that those guys from the Husband's office party would have been over the very next day to offer Charlotte ANY and ALL ASSISTANCE with her situation. You can't use Realism and then ignore Reality.

I get that you are getting frustrated with what we are all saying. But we aren't doing it cause we hate the game. We are doing it cause we all like and love the game. You say it has only been 2 weeks. Thing is by the end of the demo we could tell Trish had a crush on MC. Charlotte had more then motherly feelings for MC and MC loved them both more then in a family way. As the game went on we realized it was more then just a crush with Trish. When the book idea came out and we found out who the love interest was in the book, we knew Charlotte was in fact in love with MC and for awhile.

P.S. if you facepalm this, that is fine. But at least have the courage to tell me where you think I am wrong.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
" What you call slow-burn I call realism and relationship development. You just can't expect two family members who all their life knew there shouldn't be any sexual relationship between them, to just forget every principle and have sex with each other in just two weeks. " Here is your problem. It hasn't been 2 weeks. It has been YEARS.

Charlotte is writing a book, her 1st BOOK. You don't just wake up and start writing a book. You plan it out, play the scenes in your head for several months or years before you get the courage to actually start writing. Charlotte is the MC of the book. The MC's love interest in the book is the MC of the game. So long before they moved ( the game began) Charlotte has been dreaming of her and MC being together. The only thing that has been stopping her before the move is that her husband was fulfilling some of he roles as a husband. He was providing. He was giving them a good home and his money was providing for them and the home. That isn't the case anymore. The bedroom is dead. He is never there, thus he isn't protecting the family. He isn't providing for the family ( hasn't given them any money). Actually right now he is a burden to the family. The feelings have been there and for a lot longer then 2 weeks. So REALISTICALLY with how she feels for MC and the behavior of her husband, Charlotte should have already acted on her feelings. The night of the husband's office party (yes first demo if I remember correctly). The Husband HUMILIATES her in front of his friends (that would have killed all respect and love she had for him right there). MC has to come get her (Knight in Shinning armor riding up on his faithful steed to rescue the lovely princess). Everything was there. Charlotte angry at the husband, her love for MC, MC saving her and her drinking. So realistically it would have happened right then. Should have happened and most can see that. Heck there has been many times since that part of the game that is SHOULD have happened. The only reason it didn't is cause you Dev wanted to drag it out. Yes we all get it you believe it makes the game more romantic slow burning the story. I for one find it FRUSTRATING as Hell.

Trish, has never had a boyfriend. My god why not the girl is GORGEOUS. Oh that's right no other guy could compare to MC. Why would she need to compare other guys to MC. hmmmmmmmmm Oh cause she has a crush on MC and once again long before the move. Heck she was even jealous of MC's girlfriend and would call her a "GOLDDIGGER". So again Dev the feelings were there and long before the 2 weeks (long before the game began). So you have 2 horny hormonal teenagers (even 20 year olds) damn near naked sleeping in the same bed for days. Specially with Trish having a crush already on MC. Heck Trish would have loved to have fucked MC and stolen him from his girlfriend. IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. Realistically they would have been banging like rabbits by the second night.

Sorry you can't use REALISM to justify the slow burn in the game when the feelings were already there before the game even started. So let's look at Reality. The reality is that Trish is a 12 and Charlotte is a 15. So there would be a line of boys and a line of men outside their front door 3 blocks long all waiting to ask either of them out. Reality is that those guys from the Husband's office party would have been over the very next day to offer Charlotte ANY and ALL ASSISTANCE with her situation. You can't use Realism and then ignore Reality.

I get that you are getting frustrated with what we are all saying. But we aren't doing it cause we hate the game. We are doing it cause we all like and love the game. You say it has only been 2 weeks. Thing is by the end of the demo we could tell Trish had a crush on MC. Charlotte had more then motherly feelings for MC and MC loved them both more then in a family way. As the game went on we realized it was more then just a crush with Trish. When the book idea came out and we found out who the love interest was in the book, we knew Charlotte was in fact in love with MC and for awhile.

P.S. if you facepalm this, that is fine. But at least have the courage to tell me where you think I am wrong.
I agree with the sentiments expressed here. I wanted to add a point that this reflects. RC - part of the issue with the 2 week defense is that you've shown us the internal intentions of Charlotte and Trish. Because we know this we know the depth of their feelings for the MC, and his feeling for them. They all know what they want from each other. I'm not saying that they should be screwing each other like rabbits at this point, but it's hard to argue that things shouldn't be moving more quickly.

That said, I fully support that it's your VN and your story to tell in your own way. I'm just offering feedback, that is worth no more than you paid for it. Really love this VN. Thanks for all your hard work.

Reactions: keefer43

RR6612

Sep 3, 2017
What the hell are you on about man? You can't use realism and ignore reality? That sounds deep when your smoke your first joint or something, it's also ironic because the shit your talking about is subjective as shit.

• Angry
Reactions: BorgiaBou

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
ropershy

You are ignoring one thing, they are blood relatives.
It's about overcoming the existing taboo.

There are worlds between fantasy and what you live out .

You can find your mother hot, your mother you, your father an asshole or dead, but in "realism" very few fuck their own family (except in Alabama).

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
ropershy

You are ignoring one thing, they are blood relatives.
It's about overcoming the existing taboo.

There are worlds between fantasy and what you live out .

You can find your mother hot, your mother you, your father an asshole or dead, but in "realism" very few fuck their own family (except in Alabama).
and you are forgetting that at the husband's office party (where she was already drinking). The husband humiliated her in front of others.
So that leaves Charlotte pissed off, drunk, sexually frustrated as hell and madly in love with MC. The being drunk would have over ridden any social boundaries. Now would she had regretted it the next morning when she was sober. HELL YES.

As far as Trish is. You are forgetting they shared a bed for at least a week. They would have ended up spooning with his cock between her ass. Wouldn't take long before both were thinking with a different part of their body besides their brains. Besides who would know but MC and Trish?

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
What the hell are you on about man? You can't use realism and ignore reality? That sounds deep when your smoke your first joint or something, it's also ironic because the shit your talking about is subjective as shit.
actually I have never smoke a joint. But it seems you have a problem understanding. So instead of explaining where you think I am wrong you just go straight to the insults.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleFredo
Mar 6, 2021

Dude, you're practically my soul brother. And that's exactly why I love incest games, for me, incest is way beyond other fetishes.
As for that slow burn that some are complaining about, I agree with every sentence and every comma you wrote.
This is what makes incest (in games, to be clear, there are some who confuse reality with fiction) something sublime and charming. The forbidden, the sin, the internal struggle against a burning feeling, an uncontrollable desire for the unattainable, for what should be taboo.
And in your game, you're portraying that very well. I don't think it's a slow burn, it's managing to show these internal conflicts, for me it's going at a very pleasant pace. It could even go slower in my opinion, knowing each other's love, but trying to resist it, giving in and at the same time trying to run away from it.
There are a lot of incest games, some get to sex fast, others take longer, I prefer the ones that take longer (no AWAM, for God's sake), a slow burn, like yourself from that, something more realistic.
One thing I wouldn't like to see (I think and hope it doesn't exist in the game), would be if the main Lis (mother and sister) tried to escape this feeling, looking for other people to try to stifle this feeling, thus betraying the mc.
It may even be something more realistic, to some extent understandable, but they wouldn't just be betraying the MC, but themselves, betraying a beautiful feeling that is love, and that, for me, would end all the romance atmosphere in the game. . There's the money part, I hope they don't have to subject themselves to something unpleasant, because of it.
I don't mean to say what you should do with your game, the game is yours. Follow what you have planned for him. If I, or someone else doesn't like what's to come, we're free to drop the topic, and look for something we like.
Anyway, I'm loving every part of the game, go at your own pace, it's very well written so far, don't rush anything. And show us something wonderful, a beautiful love story, breaking down barriers and taboos. And gift us with a beautiful ending.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I don't know how relevant realism can be in a game called "No more money", where the protagonist finds a well paid job with minimal working hours right away and without effort or qualifications.

• Haha
Reactions: fromabove
4.20 star(s) 153 Votes