4.20 star(s) 151 Votes

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
1695628256884.png

3 hours ago

Hi guys,
First of all I want to apologize for the late weekly report, but I just wrapped up an all nighter. I spent most of the weekend working day and night, but looking now at the progress I barely made some progress. Unfortunately one of my artists stopped answering earlier in August and I kept hoping he would answer and send me his work, but that didn't happened, so I had to recalculate the progress which pushed me back quite a a lot in the progress bar and I'm doing the renders myself now.
Unfortunately I will not be able to release the game in 5 days. There is just simply too much work left to be done. I'm not blaming anyone but me for bad management, so please don't hold a grudge against anyone. Even if he would have sent me the work he was supposed to do, I would still not be able to release the game in 5 days. There are just too many animations I haven't done yet and some took me 18 hours to make.
That being said, I'm going to bed now since it's already 7AM and in a few hours I will start again hoping that I will not delay this update too much more.
Bests,
Team RoyalCandy

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021
View attachment 2955564

3 hours ago

Hi guys,
First of all I want to apologize for the late weekly report, but I just wrapped up an all nighter. I spent most of the weekend working day and night, but looking now at the progress I barely made some progress. Unfortunately one of my artists stopped answering earlier in August and I kept hoping he would answer and send me his work, but that didn't happened, so I had to recalculate the progress which pushed me back quite a a lot in the progress bar and I'm doing the renders myself now.
Unfortunately I will not be able to release the game in 5 days. There is just simply too much work left to be done. I'm not blaming anyone but me for bad management, so please don't hold a grudge against anyone. Even if he would have sent me the work he was supposed to do, I would still not be able to release the game in 5 days. There are just too many animations I haven't done yet and some took me 18 hours to make.
That being said, I'm going to bed now since it's already 7AM and in a few hours I will start again hoping that I will not delay this update too much more.
Bests,
Team RoyalCandy

Saw that coming a mile away. This is kinda become his habit now. Promises an impossible date.... and then.... doesn't release. Shocking!! :FacePalm:

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Well if that's true why put I will a update out by the end of the month if you knew that wasn't going to happen even if you had the help shitty thing to straight up lie to people who support this dev now I know not pay any attention to this dev when out a date add to list of other devs who do will they ever learn

MoLee

Apr 15, 2022
Delay comes whenever subscriptions high enough for a developer to install a new graphic card, buy a new machine, move to a bigger office, work full time, hire a team...

Reactions: qaywsx and risky0

PleasureOnly

Jun 22, 2023
Guys, I am a contracted artist working on this game with Royal Candy as of a couple of months ago and I can assure you progress is being made. You have to remember that as a game progresses we often end up with multiple character paths and scene variations. Some of the scenes I've worked on in this chapter for example have 3 paths each with their own renders and animations.

Anyway, it takes as long as it takes. Progress is being made, when it's ready it's ready.

And pre-emptively...don't have a go at me, I'm just an artist for hire.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Guys, I am a contracted artist working on this game with Royal Candy as of a couple of months ago and I can assure you progress is being made. You have to remember that as a game progresses we often end up with multiple character paths and scene variations. Some of the scenes I've worked on in this chapter for example have 3 paths each with their own renders and animations.

Anyway, it takes as long as it takes. Progress is being made, when it's ready it's ready.

Ignore the child idiots on this site, if they got blown by ScarJo they'd whine and bitch she didn't use enough tongue.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
It's been 3 months. If you think anything less than 4 months is a delay, you must not play many AVN's
Depends a bit on the game. 4 months would have been 8 times the release cycle (2 weeks, release each second saturday evening) for Man of the House. For that game it would have been a HUGE delay. But for the modern VNs with a lot more renders and multiple paths it's not all that much, that is true.

... and I was going to say: You are so dead! But you stoped me from doing so :p

Reactions: firevoodoo
4.20 star(s) 151 Votes