VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes

bygonemyths

Mar 19, 2023
That's right. 8.5 months was really bad. I don't have any excuse for it. I messed things up and I don't understand how, because I've worked at least 10 hours/day. And last three weeks I was working 12-16 hours/day. So I can't really understand what I did wrong with these last two updates. I should have easily made them in 3-4 months, yet somehow it took me 8.5 months. The animations were the main reason to drag me down this much, so I'm trying to find a better way to do animations.
As for the next episode I'll try to make it up to everybody.
The Lord has spoken! Forgive us lord for our blashphemy. You are the AV creator that gives the best of the best in terms of qualities. You have shined brighter than night stars and given us our favorite characters and an interesting story. We understand your hardships, and we wish you the very best and believe in your development the next time. Lets us hope we get plenty and plenty of passionate adventures with our little sis next time, as she is our favorite pleasure. Our fantasies shall soon be fulfilled hahahaha.

Maicka

Dec 28, 2018
That's right. 8.5 months was really bad. I don't have any excuse for it. I messed things up and I don't understand how, because I've worked at least 10 hours/day. And last three weeks I was working 12-16 hours/day. So I can't really understand what I did wrong with these last two updates. I should have easily made them in 3-4 months, yet somehow it took me 8.5 months. The animations were the main reason to drag me down this much, so I'm trying to find a better way to do animations.
please, triss and charlotte ❤

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Never understand why people compare other devs against DPC if you want to call a dev a milker there have to be few things to qualify for that say around 8 months with no weekly or monthly reports or a release every 5or6 months with a 10 min update don't recall seeing this dev doing bad with dates yes but those things no

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Here's a positive to take away from this - your sex scene animations are easily some of the best I've ever seen. Kudos. The Charlotte hot tub scene from last episode was fucking awesome. Looking forward to some romantic kissing sex scenes with Tris next. ;)

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
True enough, I apologise if I sounded too harsh. However, if we do compare, BDIK didn't bring x20 earnings of yours at the time of the first 3 episodes, which took about 3-4 months each.

Though, to be fair we should probably compare to Acting Lessons (release time is still a lot better).

Anyhow, a singe full episode in 8.5 months is too much. In my opinion. I won't usub from patreon for now, but I hope the next episode will come quicker. Otherwise, we are at 1 episode a year.
Comparing games/developers is rarely a good thing, some developers have teams of people to work on the games, others don't, some have better hardware than others, some have different IRL responsibilities etc etc.
So every game will have different speeds of development etc.
Looking at the animations, 80% (approximate guess) were of one person/scene, and that scene had like 3-4 variations of the same animations, which probably would have taken up most of the time.

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
Don't listen to the haters. You're amazing and your game is amazing.

milfkiller

Engaged Member
May 2, 2017
If we are comparing my game to BeingADik, then compare the number of patrons and earnings as well... You can't expect me to do as good of a job as someone who earns 20 times more money than me and can afford much better gear. I loose a lot of time just because I'm limited by the gear. It takes me around 5 minutes to load up a scene. Then maybe I have to wait like 2 minutes for each scene I make just to be sure it looks good and if it doesn't I need to fix it and then do the same thing again. Let's not talk about posing, which is another mess.
Then on the animation side I loose half of the time doing test renders so I can import them in premiere to see if the animation is looking good because my machines are not powerful enough to replay the animations in real time and I need to do this at least 10-15 times for each animations. So I'm loosing maybe 4-6 hours for each animation.
So yeah. I'm not the fastest developer around, but you can't really compare me to someone who has +25k patrons and earns between 50k and 100k/month, maybe even more.
the major problem is it take too long tines to laid on main character...

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
First of all I would like to thank your for creating this game and taking your time to intract here even though this is a pirate site.
Development time varries and i would give you this much that i honestly believe you are telling the truth about how much work you put in the game(And I'm skeptic of all AVN devs cause being shaddy is the norm now but i truly believe your words).
Here is the thing though, last few updates(almost a year) were building up to the deed with (lets be honest here) the two main girls.
The build up was really was perfect and then all of a sudden this updates comes in without anything but those two main girls.
So to say that this update with the content it has is an disappointment is nothing but people trying to be nice cause how good of a dev you have been in past.
I have no problems with how you wanna make the game or what speed you wanna romance the Love interest but you gotta take in one thing in account that updates like this make the scenes and story of other character irrelevant (for no fault of writing) its just that people clearly where anticipating something else and no matter how good the scene or writing is, it will always be disappointing.
I really like the characters of Emma and Lisa and of i were in correct state of mind i would have loved this update, but all the build up was for update with Charlotte and Patricia so anything but them is disappointing.
So moving forward I suggest you ditch Charlotte and Patricia route all together, dont tease and build up to deed with them.
Finish all the routes or side quest first or whatever you wanna do in the story. Be clear about it, but please god don't make updates building up to deed and then shove in othe character updates in between. Because
A.It's the hope that kills you.
B. I like the other characters in game too, and i dont want there scenes to be sabotaged just because player clearly was expecting something else and anything but that is gonna be considered disappointing.

I know this sounds like a rant(and maybe it is) and you have no obligation to listen to someone who pirates your work. Just trying to tell my honest opinion here. If at anypoint my opinion sounded rude i apologize that was not my intention.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
First of all I would like to thank your for creating this game and taking your time to intract here even though this is a pirate site.
Development time varries and i would give you this much that i honestly believe you are telling the truth about how much work you put in the game(And I'm skeptic of all AVN devs cause being shaddy is the norm now but i truly believe your words).
Here is the thing though, last few updates(almost a year) were building up to the deed with (lets be honest here) the two main girls.
The build up was really was perfect and then all of a sudden this updates comes in without anything but those two main girls.
So to say that this update with the content it has is an disappointment is nothing but people trying to be nice cause how good of a dev you have been in past.
I have no problems with how you wanna make the game or what speed you wanna romance the Love interest but you gotta take in one thing in account that updates like this make the scenes and story of other character irrelevant (for no fault of writing) its just that people clearly where anticipating something else and no matter how good the scene or writing is, it will always be disappointing.
I really like the characters of Emma and Lisa and of i were in correct state of mind i would have loved this update, but all the build up was for update with Charlotte and Patricia so anything but them is disappointing.
So moving forward I suggest you ditch Charlotte and Patricia route all together, dont tease and build up to deed with them.
Finish all the routes or side quest first or whatever you wanna do in the story. Be clear about it, but please god don't make updates building up to deed and then shove in othe character updates in between. Because
B. I like the other characters in game too, and i dont want there scenes to be sabotaged just because player clearly was expecting something else and anything but that is gonna be considered disappointing.

I know this sounds like a rant(and maybe it is) and you have no obligation to listen to someone who pirates your work. Just trying to tell my honest opinion here. If at anypoint my opinion sounded rude i apologize that was not my intention.
RC was quite clear before this update was released that Tris and Charlotte would not be the focus of this update, and if they were the ones you were waiting for in this update then you could skip it and wait for the next one.
If people play it despite this information being given before it was released, then there's really no point complaining that they aren't in it, when he already told everyone they wouldn't be.
If people can't keep up with information that is released, then that's not the devs fault, and doesn't deserve the hate because of it, that's on the player.
Not every update of every game will specifically feature the girls the player wants, someone likes some girls, others like other girls etc etc, it's just the way it is.

bygonemyths

Mar 19, 2023

True, our lord does not consider us lowly scum, scoundrel, street rats. He treats us as equals!

• Haha
Reactions: hzjujk

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
RC was quite clear before this update was released that Tris and Charlotte would not be the focus of this update, and if they were the ones you were waiting for in this update then you could skip it and wait for the next one.
If people play it despite this information being given before it was released, then there's really no point complaining that they aren't in it, when he already told everyone they wouldn't be.
If people can't keep up with information that is released, then that's not the devs fault, and doesn't deserve the hate because of it, that's on the player.
Not every update of every game will specifically feature the girls the player wants, someone likes some girls, others like other girls etc etc, it's just the way it is.
Why make all those updates which was building up to Charlotte and Patricia deed then. I have no problem with him taking slow heck i prefer it but don't build up for a year only to push an update which does nothing for the build up of year.
And this update should not had to be nothing cause it progressed other side character stories but it surely felt like nothing cause all the build up(from almost a year) was clearly for Charlotte and Patricia and this update feels out of place.
Just saying their skip the update makes no sense.
If you wanna do side charcters first go ahead but building up for years only to do u turn close to goal means you don't want to reach goal or you jist want to extend time to reach goal.

Also i haven't said anything hateful, just opinion(constructive). I even preemptively apologized if by any reason i sound hateful(which imho I'm not here) to RC.

haiyen3108

May 20, 2018
Probably you working way too much buddy, to be fair, 40-45 hours working per week considered as high stress job already man.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Why make all those updates which was building up to Charlotte and Patricia deed then. I have no problem with him taking slow heck i prefer it but don't build up for a year only to push an update which does nothing for the build up of year.
And this update should not had to be nothing cause it progressed other side character stories but it surely felt like nothing cause all the build up(from almost a year) was clearly for Charlotte and Patricia and this update feels out of place.
Just saying their skip the update makes no sense.
If you wanna do side charcters first go ahead but building up for years only to do u turn close to goal means you don't want to reach goal or you jist want to extend time to reach goal.

Also i haven't said anything hateful, just opinion(constructive). I even preemptively apologized if by any reason i sound hateful(which imho I'm not here) to RC.
It's just part of the narrative for the MC to travel briefly and give some other girls some time (not everyone is into Tris & Charlotte like me or you are). No biggie. Plenty of games to play while waiting for the next update. Hopefully RC can get some upgraded rigs sometime soon to increase dev speed.

Reactions: KrusherKev

TheOnlyKong

Mar 18, 2019
That being said enjoy and I'm looking forward to getting your opinions on Emma's event. Let me know if that's something you'd like to see more often in the game.
Bests,
Jason
Nope, it's not something I'm looking forward to. Haven't played it but completely uninterested in any side girls.

Manaroth25M

Jul 8, 2022
Never understand why people compare other devs against DPC if you want to call a dev a milker there have to be few things to qualify for that say around 8 months with no weekly or monthly reports or a release every 5or6 months with a 10 min update don't recall seeing this dev doing bad with dates yes but those things no
honestly i would call milkers dev releasing like 5mins of content per update or just variable changes. then posting polls, progress reports, and pictures that will never make it into the game just to keep the patreon money coming.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I love kat
1698927850999.png
1698927862648.png
1698927942262.png
1698927920576.png
1698927968976.png
1698927977093.png
1698927986154.png
1698927996114.png
1698928005508.png
1698928015682.png
1698928026305.png

Show less
Hi guys,
I know I'm late for the Halloween party, but with the release and all I only had time to work on these yesterday and this morning it finished rendering.
First of all I want to thank you all for the Halloween suggestions. I was surprised to see how many of you wanted the same things, so here it is.
Charlotte - witch
Tris - succubus
Denise - army girl
Lisa - Elf Warrior
Lauren - Human Warrior
Bea - Nurse
Darlene - Queen
Katrina - Vampire
Emma - Treasure Hunter (she was supposed to be Lara Croft, but she looks nothing like her so...)
Sheila - Cop
I hope you like them and if you want to download them in 4K resolution you can do it
Bests,
Jason

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes