4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
subtle burn :D
Lol, no. That's the kind of thing you resort to saying when you know you're wrong and have no argument. He doesn't even know who I'm a patron of either. I mean, it's just a bad post all around for a number of reasons. He's knows its.

The dev here just wasn't thinking. It happens sometimes to us all, and it's really not a big deal, but it's entirely his own fault and not Windows. Maybe a bit of bad luck also that updates were pushed during that week, but again, it could have been totally avoided.

This stuff can happen to everyone sometimes, and it's just a small delay, so not a big deal at all. I still like the game, and I still like the dev. I'm not trying to trash or burn anyone at the stake here. I just call it how it actually is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Lol, no. That's the kind of thing you resort to saying when you know you're wrong and have no argument. He doesn't even know who I'm a patron of either. I mean, it's just a bad post all around for a number of reasons. He's knows its.

The dev here just wasn't thinking. It happens sometimes to us all, and it's really not a big deal, but it's entirely his own fault and not Windows. Maybe a bit of bad luck also that updates were pushed during that week, but again, it could have been totally avoided.

This stuff can happen to everyone sometimes, and it's just a small delay, so not a big deal at all. I still like the game, and I still like the dev. I'm not trying to trash or burn anyone at the stake here. I just call it how it actually is.

I'm not wrong though and You're still whining about this! maybe the dev was to busy and forgot all about these windows updates, it's delayed by a week it's not as if we are not getting unlike some other devs

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
So let’s say your phone just dies when you’re on a important call, it didn’t die from lack of charge, it just stopped working. Are you telling me that the phone dying is your fault? Cmon man.

DrackDrap

Aug 13, 2017

I didn't even know these were settings :unsure: It's an honest mistake.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
I'm not wrong though and You're still whining about this! maybe the dev was to busy and forgot all about these windows updates, it's delayed by a week it's not as if we are not getting unlike some other devs
Okay so he forgot, and that somehow doesn't make it his fault? It was totally avoidable. Just call it how it is... but keep thinking you're not wrong. LOL.

And I'm not whining about this at all. Like I said multiple times, I don't care about the delay, and it's not a big deal. I responded to the "subtle burn" guy (not you). I'm not the one going around assuming who people are supporting on patreon, or making the kind of comments you are.

These things happen no one is at fault here so it will be delayed by a week it's not the end of the world :) what if it had been a power cut would you still be blaming the dev :p
Have you met some of the people on here? What kind of question is that? Of course they would still blame the dev!
Indeed hence :p at the end, I've seen it all on a pirate forum ;)
I'm just stating the facts and calling it how it really is. Not patting the Dev on the back, saying how grateful I am to play his great game, along with saying he isn't at fault here when he really is. He made a mistake that was totally avoidable. That is the facts.

You notice I didn't respond to your patron assumption... I really didn't want to this time either, because you bring nothing worthwhile to the conversation with your repeated denial of obvious facts, criticizing assumptions on who I may or may not support on Patreon, etc. So this is last time I respond to you.

So let’s say your phone just dies when you’re on a important call, it didn’t die from lack of charge, it just stopped working. Are you telling me that the phone dying is your fault? Cmon man.
That's not even the same situation. Try again. Something like that isn't your fault. Being ignorant to how Windows works or update settings when you're relying on something to be running 24/7 is your fault.
I didn't even know these were settings :unsure: It's an honest mistake.
Yes, it was an honest mistake. I've said that from the very beginning, and that it's not a big deal for the small delay. People just came out, the dev included, saying that it was Windows 10 at fault, when that's not true at all. I'm just calling it how it factually is.

Edit : And let's just drop the whole thing right now. I know how some of you guys feel, and you know how I feel. Nothing is gonna change. I've already said way too much here, and it's not a productive conversation to have anymore. So let's just all patiently wait for the next update to drop. Not gonna comment or reply to anyone anymore on this subject.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Okay so he forgot, and that somehow doesn't make it his fault? It was totally avoidable. Just call it how it is... but keep thinking you're not wrong. LOL.

And I'm not whining about this at all. Like I said multiple times, I don't care about the delay, and it's not a big deal. I responded to the "subtle burn" guy (not you). I'm not the one going around assuming who people are supporting on patreon, or making the kind of comments you are.

I'm just stating the facts and calling it how it really is. Not patting the Dev on the back, saying how grateful I am to play his great game, along with saying he isn't at fault here when he really is. He made a mistake that was totally avoidable. That is the facts.

You notice I didn't respond to your patron assumption... I really didn't want to this time either, because you bring nothing worthwhile to the conversation with your repeated denial of obvious facts, criticizing assumptions on who I may or may not support on Patreon, etc. So this is last time I respond to you.

That's not even the same situation. Try again. Something like that isn't your fault. Being ignorant to how Windows works or update settings when you're relying on something to be running 24/7 is your fault.

Yes, it was an honest mistake. I've said that from the very beginning, and that it's not a big deal for the small delay. People just came out, the dev included, saying that it was Windows 10 at fault, when that's not true at all. I'm just calling it how it factually is.
I come with bad news. Last week I went to the sea side and I left my PC to finish the renders, however Windows 10 screwed me really bad. On Tuesday my computer restarted itself, because of an Update so since then the rendering machine didn't do anything.
So he goes outside leaving his PC to render not thinking anything of an update or anything and bam while he is outside his computer restarts because of an update now tell me this how was he supposed to know an update would be dropping at that certain time?

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
So he goes outside leaving his PC to render not thinking anything of an update or anything and bam while he is outside his computer restarts because of an update now tell me this how was he supposed to know an update would be dropping at that certain time?
Just let it go, he’s gonna think whatever he wants, let him.

Just let it go.

1566424533329.jpeg

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Lol. I was reading some of comments and I find it really funny... you guys are the best.
So... Let’s get some things straight. The fact that the machine restarted while I was away is my fault entirely. There is a way to disable automatic updates for some time... the fact that I forgot to disable it is my fault. I was on a rush, because the whole trip was decided with 2 hours before leaving.
I wasn’t looking for excuses... I told you what happened just because I like being honest with you.
We all make mistakes, it’s just that mine screw the release date.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I have no idea how many times I have forgot to set some necessary parameter or settings while leaving my machines to do some time consuming work automatically, both in Windows and Linux. Shit happens, we all forget something sometimes, so that hours of PC time will go to waste. Technically it is our fault, but there's nothing we can do about it after it's already done.

What you could do in the future to avoid such situations is to set up some way to log in remotely, so you could check the status of your PC and its work from time to time and restart the job if necessary. Should you forget something or should the work get interrupted for some other reason, you could always restart it maybe only a few hours later and you won't lose days but only hours of PC time.

I can VPN to my home computer from work and to my work network from home for example, or even from my phone from anywhere in the world. And in case VPN fails for any reason, I can ssh to either of the workstations or into the server at work and create a ssh tunnel for Windows desktop if necessary.

There are also much easier (and somewhat less secure) ways to make your computer remotely accessible also, that don't require static IP addresses nor dynamic dns services. Teamviewer for example.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
I still think the issue is that windows pushes updates without asking as the default behavior. You can delay updates upto a time and there is the "Active hours" crap but it shouldn't be updating without consulting me first. Let me decide if and when I wanna update.

yaboipapi

Jan 24, 2019

you know you can just let it go right? the release ain't gonna go faster whether you rant or not

Reactions: Mormont

invman

Jan 23, 2018
unexpected error when launching it, i can skipp it with double ignore just wondering if its normal

invman

Jan 23, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'patch/images/splashscreen.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 224, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'patch/images/splashscreen.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
No More Secrets 0.7.1
Fri Aug 23 04:56:22 2019

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'patch/images/splashscreen.jpg'>:
$ ui.interact()
$ ui.interact()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\Tools\games\NoMoreSecrets-0.7.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
No More Secrets 0.7.1
Fri Aug 23 04:56:22 2019
You patched the game incorrectly and the patch can't find its images folder. Read the README included in the patch.

invman

Jan 23, 2018
thanks i solved the problem, but i read that this patch is fan made, since i like to play the original stories is it worth to play with patch?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
It's as fan made as just about everything here.

Apply it or not, it doesn't really matter. She's a mother figure anyway and whether making it official or not makes a difference is the only question you need to answer.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes