4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
I only just started but the navigation in this game is horrendous, it's almost impossible to know what you can interact with and what you can't, please tell me it gets better as the game goes on?

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
I only just started but the navigation in this game is horrendous, it's almost impossible to know what you can interact with and what you can't, please tell me it gets better as the game goes on?
The system itself will not change mid-game as far as I'm aware. Although it gets better once you get used to it. But I'm sure this is something do the dev will try to do better next game.

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019

PROGRESS STATUS
This past week we've been focusing mainly on text and renders. Because we already have a strong plan on how the game should play I'm mainly doing the coding and the text while Bishop is doing the renders.
As soon as I finish writing all the events for the first version of the game I'm moving to do the renders, because we're looking to a big pile of them.
The reason why writing text takes so long is because I'm trying to put the player in a well shaped world, where if you see someone working on something you should be able to talk to them. So yeah, there are a lot of opportunities for this game.

MINI GAMES
For the past month I also worked on implementing some mini-games which could be skippable if some of you don't like this kind of game where you have to play more to progress, however this is not how the game was intended to be played, so keep that in mind.
This mini-games will be used for developing some skills, earning points with some girls, earning some money and so on.

MONEY SYSTEM
I'm currently implementing the money system. At first it looks like isn't much, but the hardest part right now is finding the value of money.
At the moment there are three ways to make money. Delivery Guy, Coffee Barista and Roulette.
Each of this three will have a mini-game. I've implemented the delivery mini-game and the roulette system, however I still need to write the code for the barista job mini-game.
What I'm trying right now is to make the game enjoyable. Not to have to work your ass out to earn money for a certain item, but at the same time I don't want to make it too easy. Grinding for progress is bad, but so is getting everything on the plate.

MESSAGE TO MY PATRONS
Another month and yet you still support my work, even though you haven't played my next game not even for 5 minutes, which means you trust me and my work.
I appreciate everything you're doing for this project that is RoyalCandy. It means a lot and I promise you'll not be disappointed for supporting me.
Cheers,
Jason

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

PROGRESS STATUS
This past week we've been focusing mainly on text and renders. Because we already have a strong plan on how the game should play I'm mainly doing the coding and the text while Bishop is doing the renders.
As soon as I finish writing all the events for the first version of the game I'm moving to do the renders, because we're looking to a big pile of them.
The reason why writing text takes so long is because I'm trying to put the player in a well shaped world, where if you see someone working on something you should be able to talk to them. So yeah, there are a lot of opportunities for this game.

MINI GAMES
For the past month I also worked on implementing some mini-games which could be skippable if some of you don't like this kind of game where you have to play more to progress, however this is not how the game was intended to be played, so keep that in mind.
This mini-games will be used for developing some skills, earning points with some girls, earning some money and so on.

MONEY SYSTEM
I'm currently implementing the money system. At first it looks like isn't much, but the hardest part right now is finding the value of money.
At the moment there are three ways to make money. Delivery Guy, Coffee Barista and Roulette.
Each of this three will have a mini-game. I've implemented the delivery mini-game and the roulette system, however I still need to write the code for the barista job mini-game.
What I'm trying right now is to make the game enjoyable. Not to have to work your ass out to earn money for a certain item, but at the same time I don't want to make it too easy. Grinding for progress is bad, but so is getting everything on the plate.

MESSAGE TO MY PATRONS
Another month and yet you still support my work, even though you haven't played my next game not even for 5 minutes, which means you trust me and my work.
I appreciate everything you're doing for this project that is RoyalCandy. It means a lot and I promise you'll not be disappointed for supporting me.
Cheers,
Jason
Thanks 4 the share :)

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
The system itself will not change mid-game as far as I'm aware. Although it gets better once you get used to it. But I'm sure this is something do the dev will try to do better next game.
Yea you were right, you get used to it, but you also gotta pay attention to the top left of the screen, that's where it tells you what to do but it disappears after a pretty short duration, imo.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
it amused me a lot, the different paths are well managed even if some blind alley or forced choice before the dance would not be bad, all the LIs, although with some stereotypes, are interesting and lovable.

Cecile and Jeane were my favorites

really a great pity it doesn't have animations, which is a pretty important flaw

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm trying to explore the various endings, how do you close with Jeane (I know it's a mortal sin but otherwise I can't see the ending with Amie)?

Do I have to replay it from the beginning and neglect her?

too much pain, I can't take it

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
I'm trying to explore the various endings, how do you close with Jeane (I know it's a mortal sin but otherwise I can't see the ending with Amie)?

Do I have to replay it from the beginning and neglect her?

too much pain, I can't take it
Yeah with most characters if you want to "deny" them you should just neglect them i.e don't fuck them etc, don't start a relationship

I know this can be a pain in the ass if you want to get all endings since there're so many in this game.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah with most characters if you want to "deny" them you should just neglect them i.e don't fuck them etc, don't start a relationship

I know this can be a pain in the ass if you want to get all endings since there're so many in this game.
actually at the final dance you manage to manage several

if you go with Amber, Stephania leaves you
if you go with Stephania, Lizzie or Vanessa will drop you.
if you go with almost anyone, Brandy dumps you
even Amie, who is not present, disappears if you go with Stephania ...

I have already partially replayed it, to have the ending only with Jeane (my favorite) because I had to leave Lizzie and Amie first, but just pick up from chapter 7.

to let Jeane leave me I think you have to pick me up from the massage ...

Reactions: FantasticUser

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
actually at the final dance you manage to manage several

if you go with Amber, Stephania leaves you
if you go with Stephania, Lizzie or Vanessa will drop you.
if you go with almost anyone, Brandy dumps you
even Amie, who is not present, disappears if you go with Stephania ...

I have already partially replayed it, to have the ending only with Jeane (my favorite) because I had to leave Lizzie and Amie first, but just pick up from chapter 7.

to let Jeane leave me I think you have to pick me up from the massage ...
Yeah also true but for some specific endings, you have to neglect some people mid-game if I'm not wrong.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah also true but for some specific endings, you have to neglect some people mid-game if I'm not wrong.
I also found a small bug, if at the end of the prom you are still in relationship with Lizzie, Vanessa and Brandy, when you are asked who to choose as the queen of the prom, if you choose Brandy then Nichole's Enidng will start (the scene in the park)

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I kind of feel bad for not choosing Brandy. But goddamn I wanna spend days between Lizzie's, Vanesa's and Amie's thighs. 'til my jaw has to be wired.

Last edited:
Reactions: FantasticUser

includes

Dec 6, 2016
I lost any interest in playing the game after it became a nonsense fuckfest. After a lot of time building relations with girls, it was like the creator was in a hurry, and started to add all the sex scenes the fans would want, but it felt off...
Anyway, better rush the game than abandoning it I guess

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I lost any interest in playing the game after it became a nonsense fuckfest. After a lot of time building relations with girls, it was like the creator was in a hurry, and started to add all the sex scenes the fans would want, but it felt off...
Anyway, better rush the game than abandoning it I guess
in games of this type it is normal for sex scenes to increase in the final part. in the first part you build relationships and in the final part you reap the rewards.

what is missing is a mechanism that punishes an excess of betrayal, even when they are quite obvious:
when Lizzie sees MC massaging mom's boobs
when Brandy sees Lizzie and Vanessa's jealousy
when he was with Amie and in the same night, in the same house, MC goes to console Lizzie.

instead none of these acts have consequences, except at the dance, where everyone knows what you do ...

Reactions: Raven Hex

Eaqaqa

Jan 30, 2020
How to fix bugs?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
  File "game/scenes/hotel_lobby.rpy", line 6, in execute
  File "game/scenes/hotel_lobby.rpy", line 9, in execute
  File "game/scenes/hotel_lobby.rpy", line 10, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'images/episode11_GS//lobby_ss_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/hotel_lobby.rpyc", line 4, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 625, in update
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in _imagebutton
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 940, in choice
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'images/episode11_GS//lobby_ss_%s.png').

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
How to fix bugs?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/hotel_lobby.rpyc", line 4, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 625, in update
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in _imagebutton
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 940, in choice
Remove all modified content, (mods, patches etc). Or sometimes re-installing the game will also help

Pedrocas77

Aug 19, 2017
When i install the incest patch over the compressed version alot of error pages come up. i cant even see the Main Menu screen. Any tip?

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019

Morning guys and gals,
PROGRESS STATUS
This past week we mainly worked on text and renders. I'm slowly wrapping the text up so this week everything should be done now, while Bishop is doing some renders.
The game is getting the shape we wanted and can finally see the end of the tunnel for this first version. There is still plenty of work to be done, because if we have a solid base then it will be easier for us to build on top.
VERSION 0.1 PLAN
I know we talked about this in a previous post, but I don't want to delay the release too much, so that's why this version will be focused mainly on the house and a little bit outside it.
I will cut the main story that was written for this part in two, because we were opening too many locations and each of those locations needed attention. We decided it's better that everytime we open a new location in the game to give the player enough activity there instead of having a bunch of emptiness. This game is going to be really big, so that's why we need to be careful how we build it.
For now we'll be focusing mainly on the house. And building the first step in a relationship with the girls around the house.
RELEASE DATE
Unfortunately I don't see a way to release the first version this month, even though I'm splitting the main story into two, there are plenty of things to do around the house.
If somehow we manage to make a release this month we'll let you know.
Best regards,
Jason

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes