Ren'Py Abandoned Noble Privileges [v0.2] [Wildsnowman]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Gnutt

Mar 3, 2017
Hmm, if memory serves, the last noble, Ann, made a reference to wanting to go on adventures with knights and mages. I dont know if that was placed to show her naivete/innocence or if there really is true magic in the world. If magic exists, that would potentially bring up fantasy creatures, elves and the like. I wouldn't mind an elf or nymph in the Harem along with my queen, knights, and harlequin. Perhaps this would ruin the... feeling of realism (?) that I'm enjoying in this game. WS would need to make an elf or whatever relatable enough that the corruption seems believable and they fit in the story. That might not be easy.

Gnutt

Mar 3, 2017
Damn, didn't mean to kill the discussion with my musings. Sorry all... I'm looking forward to the next release.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Hmm, if memory serves, the last noble, Ann, made a reference to wanting to go on adventures with knights and mages. I dont know if that was placed to show her naivete/innocence or if there really is true magic in the world. If magic exists, that would potentially bring up fantasy creatures, elves and the like. I wouldn't mind an elf or nymph in the Harem along with my queen, knights, and harlequin. Perhaps this would ruin the... feeling of realism (?) that I'm enjoying in this game. WS would need to make an elf or whatever relatable enough that the corruption seems believable and they fit in the story. That might not be easy.
There is magic in the world from my understanding, in the beginning of the very game, the MC mentions the many routes to power men take, and the route of the mage was one of them while he chose the route of commerce.

Well I guess that isn't hard evidence, but its something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnutt

LokiTime

May 20, 2017
Agree, one of the funiest game and enjoyable i had to play. Hope we will have some news soon...

klang

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah, that's my biggest worry with this — he set the bar too high and now can't finish the next ".3" rather than just ending a couple lines and being done.

The trading system is also way too ambitious for a game this size. It's like Rance-level difficulty.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Fairly sure this game is abandoned, he has not made any posts in a long while. (Unless of course he made one in the last 2 weeks since I last checked. I believe hes run off. That or hes going to come back when backers stop giving him free money claiming hes gotten hit by a car or something. The usual shit excuses.)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Fairly sure this game is abandoned, he has not made any posts in a long while. (Unless of course he made one in the last 2 weeks since I last checked. I believe hes run off. That or hes going to come back when backers stop giving him free money claiming hes gotten hit by a car or something. The usual shit excuses.)
Nobody is giving him money, he´s charging his patrons per creation, no monthly.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Nobody is giving him money, he´s charging his patrons per creation, no monthly.
Fair enough. I didnt do my research properly. I've become cynical and didnt bother checking past the "Another dev has gone silent".

Reactions: UncleVT

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
"Providing stable feedback and not disappearing for several days or even a week, on the other hand, is something I doubt I will be able to promise at the very least until the end of this year."

This is part of a post he made (comment section of april 23rd at 4:19pm) and sort of forshadows that he might not be able to keep responding weekly or even monthly i guess. Still, he's been rather sillent for a while now, especialy since he said "New version will be published between the 9th and the 16th of July." in a post on 28th June at 9:09pm. This was the supposed release date for version 0.3, that never came. This is also his last day he posted on his patreon.

All in all, it doesnt look verry promising for the future of this game.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
I hope to some news eventually, I really enjoyed his game. It has top notch writing when it comes to corruption. :confused:

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote