RPGM Noblesse Oblige [v0.11.1.2] [Lord Forte Games]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
You're in the right place. This has to be a bug, so I decrypted the game and took a look. It looks like if you visit the library last, depending on what part of the bookcase you click on, the sparkle doesn't turn on. If you reload a save from before you completed everything, and make sure to do the library before either meeting Ophelia or meeting Lorena, that ought to make it work properly.

In the meantime someone should probably report this to the dev. I have no idea if they even frequent this forum.
Thank you.

Reactions: weatherfree21

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Hey the game is actually quite pleasant and enjoyable, I thought at the begnning to find myself against a wall of words with no substance but instead it hooked me, and I am just at the introduction!

Shame tho that most of the pfp sprites aren't all original ones.
Some even change after a couple of dialogues:
Screenshot (115).png
Screenshot (116).png
This guy was so crestfallen that he changed face

Jesus the lore in the bookshelves is thick.
I’ll be here all day

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
You're in the right place. This has to be a bug, so I decrypted the game and took a look. It looks like if you visit the library last, depending on what part of the bookcase you click on, the sparkle doesn't turn on. If you reload a save from before you completed everything, and make sure to do the library before either meeting Ophelia or meeting Lorena, that ought to make it work properly.

In the meantime someone should probably report this to the dev. I have no idea if they even frequent this forum.
Told the dev. He'll fix it soon. For anyone having a similar problem, using the far left edge of the bookcase should trigger the sparkle correctly.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Told the dev. He'll fix it soon. For anyone having a similar problem, using the far left edge of the bookcase should trigger the sparkle correctly.
If you speak to the dev, can you tell him that I love how he incorporated history books in the game?
They sound like real books based on an historical science, detailed and analytical.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
If you speak to the dev, can you tell him that I love how he incorporated history books in the game?
They sound like real books based on an historical science, detailed and analytical.
I need to go back and read those at some point, kept a save right in front of all those books for that very purpose. Don't think I was quite in the mindset to delve into all of it when the game was just getting going.

I'm interested in hearing how you feel about the combat once you get into the meat of it. I'm starting to feel pretty confident in saying this probably has the best RPGM combat of any I've played on the site. Loving how in depth it feels so far, and each new party member is only adding to that.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I need to go back and read those at some point, kept a save right in front of all those books for that very purpose. Don't think I was quite in the mindset to delve into all of it when the game was just getting going.

I'm interested in hearing how you feel about the combat once you get into the meat of it. I'm starting to feel pretty confident in saying this probably has the best RPGM combat of any I've played on the site. Loving how in depth it feels so far, and each new party member is only adding to that.
They are very well written, just enough to sound like historical books that came right out of Bloch’s maxims and same time subtly biased on certain aspects.
It is clear that such tomes were composed with actual care for scientific history and to sound as realistic as possibl, instead of being your usual lore dump.

I stopped playing after the rapist battle and even there I was delightfully surprised by MC’s techniques and abilities.
His entire gimmick being a methodical noble expert on fencing and riposte, with evading and disarming mechanics.
A very accurate royal, but also refreshing from the usual sword fighting hero.
And after I saw the passive abilities of the girl, I knew it was going to be a ride for strategic battling.
So indeed, I like it, Albeit I saw not even the skeleton but the bone of it.

Only one thing bothered me, why starting at level 7? I get it, he is already trained but why not 5 instead?
That’s the only bothering aspect for the gameplay for now, aside from some attack descriptions; Like the “cape evade” one, it’s useful to know how exactly it works, but also knowing his upgrades at lv 20 each time you use it (And probably will remain the same after lv 20) shouldn’t be in the attack descriptio.

Reactions: MidnightKing

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I just went to the website and left a comment. Doesn't require registration or anything. Link is on the first thread.

Reactions: zARRR

pippo67

Oct 17, 2018
Hi, I can not finish the Quest "Defending the order"
Everything is done, Quest log has all blue and only open Open the way and Empower theAltar of the new Moon.I don't find the Altar. Wher is it?

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Hi, I can not finish the Quest "Defending the order"
Everything is done, Quest log has all blue and only open Open the way and Empower theAltar of the new Moon.I don't find the Altar. Wher is it?
Is that the part with the split paths? Assuming you cleared both sides, there's an alter you have to activate on each side to open the middle path. The one on the right is pretty easy to miss (I missed it at first anyway). You go up past the hedge maze, and then left and up again past the temple and there is an alter in the middle of that grove. Same thing with the other side if you missed that one too, there's a boss right before it.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
So on a 1 to Last Sovereign scale, how hard is it to actually figure out the ideal path and control every opportunity in this game? In TLS you almost NEED a guide to actually figure everything out due to the high amount of variables, gate-locks and hidden mechanics that can smack you out of nowhere and possibly ruin your geo-political system or tank your progress/affections (I'm looking at Chapter 2, with your missable main party member/missable orcs/hidden timer for how long you spent visiting places/day system while in empire). While I'm liking the sound of this game, I don't think I'm up for another grand slog of that scale, especially since there appears to be no convenient existing walkthrough online for reference when things get hairy.

How much work do you have to put into this game in comparison to TLS to maintain a good playthrough? Or is this game more straightforward without those progress gates?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
So on a 1 to Last Sovereign scale, how hard is it to actually figure out the ideal path and control every opportunity in this game? In TLS you almost NEED a guide to actually figure everything out due to the high amount of variables, gate-locks and hidden mechanics that can smack you out of nowhere and possibly ruin your geo-political system or tank your progress/affections (I'm looking at Chapter 2, with your missable main party member/missable orcs/hidden timer for how long you spent visiting places/day system while in empire). While I'm liking the sound of this game, I don't think I'm up for another grand slog of that scale, especially since there appears to be no convenient existing walkthrough online for reference when things get hairy.

How much work do you have to put into this game in comparison to TLS to maintain a good playthrough? Or is this game more straightforward without those progress gates?
None of the major choices have consequences yet.

Edit: Well except in regards to a specific character whom has related choices that are obvious to whether they join you or not.

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
In settings for the game Disable both "Faster Path Enumeration" and "Enable Postload Scripts". JoiPlay 1.20.032 version with Plugins on Default Settings. Also you can Enable "Path Cache" for no lag after going through maps (it will take some time to boot the game up for the first time, but it's only one time)
Same bug to me, followed the same process and it didn't work.
Any other ideas on how you can actually get pass that in Joiplay?

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
So LoseBeauty are you the person to contact about updating the OP? It looks like the 0.9 release is out . Also there's a walkthrough on a wiki now:

It's impossible to tell just yet, because a lot of long-term consequences haven't been revealed. From playing through the content though, my expectation is that you will want a guide for the best ending, but you won't need one. So I would rate this a 0.6 TLS on that scale, where you probably won't spend hours on spreadsheets, but will still want to reference the wiki: at a few points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alandir

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021

Well the game isn't far enough yet to tell for most things. We don't really see the consequences of most decisions yet. But So far there are 2 missable companions. For one the choice is very obvious. For the other.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
Well the game isn't far enough yet to tell for most things. We don't really see the consequences of most decisions yet. But So far there are 2 missable companions. For one the choice is very obvious. For the other.

Damn, guess I'm gonna have to load back then, because it was the harder fight I assumed there would be some inherit later advantage to killing him/penalty to not killing him (by god is it the harder fight, barely made it, that last phase feels like literal rng if you get lucky or not. Haven't had to use healing items before this fight, it's almost required for the dream phase though). Nice cloak you get for killing him (and a lot of additional scenes too), but not worth it if it costs you a later party member.

eyaaay

Jun 11, 2019
Same bug to me, followed the same process and it didn't work.
Any other ideas on how you can actually get pass that in Joiplay?
I added two videos so can you see stuff, in one you can see the Settings (you can also disable cheats if you want) and in second video one you can see the game does load up. Let me know if it works

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Damn, guess I'm gonna have to load back then, because it was the harder fight I assumed there would be some inherit later advantage to killing him/penalty to not killing him (by god is it the harder fight, barely made it, that last phase feels like literal rng if you get lucky or not. Haven't had to use healing items before this fight, it's almost required for the dream phase though). Nice cloak you get for killing him (and a lot of additional scenes too), but not worth it if it costs you a later party member.
I mean ... you don't have to. Getting him as a companion might also have bad consequences in the future. Who knows. Btw. the new version is availible to download on the website already.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
What "slip-ups" are you talking about?
When he first talks about his sisters, he starts to say a number, notably stops what he's saying, then says he has three sisters. That obviously hints that he had intended to say something other than three, but stopped himself from doing so for an unknown reason.

Reactions: Alandir
4.80 star(s) 8 Votes