BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Hey BeWilder the idea for the next update is to follow the focus on two updates for a character like Beck's arc? More hot actions with Damon.

Funny fact, a while ago I was more anxious about the new updates to AoH now it has changed extremely anxious for the next update from Noemi.

Great job in both games.

Glad you like both delights we're serving up buddy, it's always nice to hear it.

No, not quite. We'd like to focus in on one character per release for a while as much as we can (occasionally we might get in a scene for another arc like with Kriem in v0.9), so we can get deeper in and add some sex to each line faster. We're also looking to spread out the content more so all the distinct paths have content to find and enjoy, as well as the start/middle sections of the game a fair amount of content instead of one long arc spread over 200+ days of play, you see? For the same reason, we'd rather not push one single arc all the way to the end before the Main Story gets a lot more to it to, since they'll all rely on each other by the last scenes. We're also intent on balancing out the stats too, so there isn't any one dump stat to simply ignore. Still a lot to do and much of Noemi to get busy with!

For those reasons, Beck's arc is paused for the time being, as we add to other characters and lines. By now it should be clear what kind of sex and story (as well as attitude) Noe is in for with him, and we've had some sexy and built some excitement. Time we do that for more characters and players before we come back and bring him a few more hits and busts. There's still a good bit left on his arc and some choices ahead there too, so there is that to look forward too.

Upside... Still more Damon to be had as well!

Cheers again good fellow, here's to some more beWildness, eh?

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
For some reason I can't trigger the "Dining, Family Style" event, even though I have all the pre-req stuff according to the guide. Any help would be awesome! Trying to get the Damon route going!

Alrighty, let's see if there is something going on we can fix up. Let the details on me. What's your game looking like?

First though, the initial checklist. Have you met all these things yet?

- Frankie Unlocked?
- Shes earned $200+ in tips?
- Seen her first scene? (Thats Noe Teaching her Cooking after Hours)
- The minimum day for the second scene to pop has passed?
- The arc cooldown has reached 0 since you saw her first scene? (That's x amount of days have passed)
- You've met Damon and gotten his second scene? (The one where Noe learns his name)

Got all those and it should pop at night. If not, it may be something for me to fix next time I'm in the code.

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017
Alrighty, let's see if there is something going on we can fix up. Let the details on me. What's your game looking like?

First though, the initial checklist. Have you met all these things yet?

- Frankie Unlocked?
- Shes earned $200+ in tips?
- Seen her first scene? (Thats Noe Teaching her Cooking after Hours)
- The minimum day for the second scene to pop has passed?
- The arc cooldown has reached 0 since you saw her first scene? (That's x amount of days have passed)
- You've met Damon and gotten his second scene? (The one where Noe learns his name)

Got all those and it should pop at night. If not, it may be something for me to fix next time I'm in the code.
Thank you for the thorough response! The problem was actually not having enough tips for each gal as a waitress, I think I misunderstood what we needed.

I gotta say, this game is so amazing, great job! Noe is beautiful and all the relationships are so exciting! The scene with Beck under the poker table was one of the hottest scenes I've ever played. Really excited to see how the Beck/Damon story lines play out, nice job!

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Thank you for the thorough response! The problem was actually not having enough tips for each gal as a waitress, I think I misunderstood what we needed.

I gotta say, this game is so amazing, great job! Noe is beautiful and all the relationships are so exciting! The scene with Beck under the poker table was one of the hottest scenes I've ever played. Really excited to see how the Beck/Damon story lines play out, nice job!
Alrighty, sorted-sorted. Glad there's not bug so.

And cheers about the game, glad you like it. Particularly glad the poker table scene turned out to have a fan, I figured it was the kind of risky event people would be up for!

We're happy to see that Noe and her game is finally finding it's feet and turning into something people are enjoying. Now if it'll only find some more girl on boy action (or other girl as the case may be)! We're workin' towards it though, so here's hoping that soon enough it'll be a well rounded and well enjoyable game in all aspects and then some!

w00de

Jun 3, 2017
Something I noticed, and I think might be a good addition, would be an indicator if a certain route has more scenes coming, or if it is at its current end. I've wasted quite a bit of time I think by pursuing routes I'd already finished.
Great game otherwise, and I can't wait for more.

pokey69

Jul 22, 2017
Something I noticed, and I think might be a good addition, would be an indicator if a certain route has more scenes coming, or if it is at its current end. I've wasted quite a bit of time I think by pursuing routes I'd already finished.
Great game otherwise, and I can't wait for more.
This screen shows it when you click the 'i':

Annotation 2020-06-14 122204.jpg

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So I finally caught up on the latest update and it seems things are coming to a head between the two restaurants I really hope we can crush the other side soon they seem to be using all the dirty tactics while Noe just wants to get on with her own business and be the more successful without resorting to any of Sal's dirty work.

Was hoping there would have been more events added on Noe's day's off but it's always the repeatable scenes will we see anything new from that side or is it more story-based focused right now?

Jan 8, 2018
So I finally caught up on the latest update and it seems things are coming to a head between the two restaurants I really hope we can crush the other side soon they seem to be using all the dirty tactics while Noe just wants to get on with her own business and be the more successful without resorting to any of Sal's dirty work.

Was hoping there would have been more events added on Noe's day's off but it's always the repeatable scenes will we see anything new from that side or is it more story-based focused right now?
Mainly story but check the change log on page one, it has all the answers you need!

Reactions: Mormont

fictitious

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Is there any indication about what character the next release will be focused on, or is that intentionally kept as secret?

Trash+Sombra

May 25, 2020
wtf this game why does nothing happnes in this game just like in the other game grindy as fuck at lest in the other game there are alot of sex sences that game has the same prombelm though you can play for a bit only for nothgin to happen game is bad

• Angry
Reactions: w00de

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
wtf this game why does nothing happnes in this game just like in the other game grindy as fuck at lest in the other game there are alot of sex sences that game has the same prombelm though you can play for a bit only for nothgin to happen game is bad
Alright. You've made your point. You don't like the game, we all get that now. Cheers.

So then. What would you reasonably suggest we do to make it better? If that's a conversation you'd want to participate in, cool, but if not, do you really want to waste your precious time in life fighting on here pointlessly? Probably not worth it in the latter case, but at least you gave it a try.

Trash+Sombra

May 25, 2020
Alright. You've made your point. You don't like the game, we all get that now. Cheers.

So then. What would you reasonably suggest we do to make it better? If that's a conversation you'd want to participate in, cool, but if not, do you really want to waste your precious time in life fighting on here pointlessly? Probably not worth it in the latter case, but at least you gave it a try.
take the grind out but it's to late for that though since the game has it and you can't just remove it the whole waiting around for stuff to happen is a major problem that this game has as well as nat but at lest in that game not has boring and since events happen but the game has you waiting around way to much and why do you have to manage stress has well as rep the rep can go down as well which makes it very annoying to play the renders are nice but seems like the lighting in this game is off our maybe the renders are just a better in nat not sure the game is very boring like manage a restrat is not fun at all

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
So currently have this:
ntr.jpg
Days left 26, debt 98426 is this right? Can the debt be less?

I think I'm gonna lose the restaurant unless I win the lottery.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
take the grind out but it's to late for that though since the game has it and you can't just remove it the whole waiting around for stuff to happen is a major problem that this game has as well as nat but at lest in that game not has boring and since events happen but the game has you waiting around way to much and why do you have to manage stress has well as rep the rep can go down as well which makes it very annoying to play the renders are nice but seems like the lighting in this game is off our maybe the renders are just a better in nat not sure the game is very boring like manage a restrat is not fun at all
Alright, that's a little bit better. Let's try be constructive here. Better for us all that way.

So, after working on making games like this for a while now, I have come to find that "Grind" is an amorphous term that doesn't really help in defining the issue. It means you are feeling some kind of lacking effort:reward ratio, but as the developer I don't know what to take from "it's grindy" and look to what to fix. Let's try get some more detail on the issue, yeah?

What is it that you are actually feeling is the problem?

- Too little variation in daily activities and outcomes (either Restaurant or Day Off) it feels overly repetitive? If that's the case, we agree. There needs to be more, there does, as of right now we're only at about 25% full on these. Remember though, that the game is still in development and we add to these with every version. We can't add lots, because for every set we add each month it either means the story scene count drops from 4-5 to 3-4 (nobody wants that, see next point), or we risk pushing past our monthly deadlines (again nobody wants that). We aim to get 8-12 of these per version, and we want to do more if we can. Ultimately, I believe the solution to this Grind is simply Patience. It gets better over time.

- Is the Grind too little in the way of Scene Count to find, or even in too little Sex in the scenes? Also a valid point, and one we are on priority to fix. Please remember, the scale of this game is pretty big, and aside from the Main Story and Gameplay base which we had to push in the early versions (1-7) so we had all the girls in play, we've only got 2 Character Arc out of the gate and past their intro scenes. That would be Beck and Damon. We are focused on improving arcs with every version, adding more scenes to find in the early game (so there is less days spent without some kind of reward) and more sex in the middle sections as they progress, like story games should. Once more, the simple solution to this issue is again Patience, we can only make so many scenes and so much progress per version/month.

- By Grind, do you mean that there is too many days/clicks needed to improve enough to unlock stuff? Do you feel you are playing badly because the game isn't explanatory enough? Or that there is simply not enough reward to each day of the cycle? If so, more valid feedback. This is something that comes with player feedback. What suits my pace when I playtest might not represent the average player's pace and we are (and have been) open to this kind of feedback on here as we balance each version. By all means, please do give us some added perspective. It could well make the game better and we would like that. The solution here is productive dialogue from the community and attentive balancing on our part. Right?

- If when you say Grind, you don't mean any of the above, even better! That means there could be a blindspot in my playing experience that I can't even see to mention, and so I can be enlightened here by some players. Let me know if this is the case.

There, now we can dig down and try make things a bit better eh? However, if as your comment alludes to, the "Grind" you feel may be related to the very idea of the design, managing a restaurant, stress of staff and trying to level up over time within the frame of a story... Then yes, I am afraid that won't be changing much. That is the core of the game, and if those are what you take issue with the most, it being more of a game than a simple VN, then we'll just have to chalk it up as this game not being quite for you. That's not a bad thing though, not every game will be liked by all, and in that case we can agree to disagree and leave it at that, yes?

---

One last point. NTR vs AoH.

Please know, that while we both make these games together as a team and they share a universe and even some cast, they are two different projects by two different people. As varied as their stories are (high action and movie style stakes vs drama and slice of life) and also the fetishes, the style of game are also different. They are also designed by two different people with different tastes in games. We're varied people as much as all the games we want to make over the years are/will be. It should be expected that such stark games will have different pay-offs in the rate of sex.

Also worth nothing while were here. AoH is 75%+ complete, with a lot of it's sex in it already. Noemi is about 25% complete with most of the sex still to come. When they are both finished, it is expected that NTR will be x2-3 times bigger too. It's very apples and oranges in many respects.

By all means, we expect people to like one game over the other, we encourage people to play both and enjoy their favourite if they can't like both. Some people will like our next game even more than either of these too, and then the same with the game after that. What I'm saying is it's totally fine to like AoH more than this game, just don't expect them to be exactly alike when they are conceptualized/managed/produced/lead by two different people on a team, have two different scales of scope, and covering two different and stark sides of the same beWilderverse. That's fair, isn't it?

So currently have this:
View attachment 715742
Days left 26, debt 98426 is this right? Can the debt be less?

I think I'm gonna lose the restaurant unless I win the lottery.
Alright, on to mugizib! Hello and welcome.

Actually, you don't see to be doing too bad debt wise. Especially not for a first playthrough, though content wise you could really do with increasing your Competitive stat to open the Beck arc and get a little more Tips in for Frankie to get on the Damon arc too (can't see your Romance stat).

Anyway, the end of the day count isn't the end of the actual game, it's just a mechanism there to add a little challenge and (ironically it seems) to cut down on Grind (Long story. We're considering things). As you get more time, as more outcomes are added and as you get your stats up for your team, earning cash comes in faster and faster. Check out this spreadsheet example I whipped up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I used the actual mix/max numbers for v0.10, and expected min/max number for versions not too far future. The other numbers are a little arbitrary and don't account for scale up time, but the point is really to show how small increases in some parts of the equation cause a in jump in pace of earnings.

(Notes)
- This assumes you manage stress enough to avoid bad outcomes mostly. It includes some idea min-maxing / strategy play and that time has passed for you to level up other girls stats a good bit.
- Doesn't account for Proactive uses with can give you x2-3 time the earnings for the day.
- It's expected outcomes will be able to go up to Lv5 and Repeatable 10, so it gets higher and higher still, but this is just a theoretical example for now.

You can see that by the time we get to say v0.20, the debt is going to be able to be squashed harder/better/faster/stronger, yeah? That's our economies of scale. Besides, if by the time we are going on to v1.0 and people are only at say $75,000 in debt, we can just slap a x4 scale on everything and $0 becomes doable just like that! It's all about having the wiggle room with the numbers for now. (Alternately we could just set her starting debt to $25,000 in that case, but $100,000 sounds a lit better, right?)

So... basically... Fear not, you'll keep that restaurant yet if you keep trying! And also don't bend over for Sal, when that time comes!

Last edited:

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
Especially not for a first playthrough, though content wise you could really do with increasing your Competitive stat to open the Beck arc and get a little more Tips in for Frankie to get on the Damon arc too (can't see your Romance stat).
Ok, I'll try that, I just tried to optimize the earnings managing the stress.
You can see that by the time we get to say v0.20, the debt is going to be able to be squashed harder/better/faster/stronger, yeah? That's our economies of scale. Besides, if by the time we are going on to v1.0 and people are only at say $75,000 in debt, we can just slap a x4 scale on everything and $0 becomes doable just like that! It's all about having the wiggle room with the numbers for now. (Alternately we could just set her starting debt to $25,000 in that case, but $100,000 sounds a lit better, right?)
Well, that's a great improvement, my fear was because I didn't see any progress in making more money as the versions went on.
Anyway, the end of the day count isn't the end of the actual game, it's just a mechanism there to add a little challenge and (ironically it seems) to cut down on Grind (Long story. We're considering things).
So... basically... Fear not, you'll keep that restaurant yet if you keep trying! And also don't bend over for Sal, when that time comes!
Glad to know, I'm more relaxed now :)

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes