VN Ren'Py Abandoned Normal Trade Relations [v0.35] [Lostworks]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
SubscribeStar has been added for those of you who do not use Patreon. That said, I would prefer you guys use Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: kros94

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Version 1.1 has been released. It contains a bunch of quality of life features, but no new scenes. I'm not entirely sure why it hasn't shown up on the Latest Updates page but I'm still learning how this process works and I'm sure the mods will let me know.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
It's a pity that you can hardly change anything in the options like sound, text speed and auto-forward time.
Please quickly rectify these inconveniences.
Good continuation for the development. (y)
I agree, what is the point of adding them to a game if you can't adjust them. Game making 101 teaches that.

Ben224

Jul 29, 2020
Just for others swinging by, I think it's supposed to be version 0.1.1 - there's about 90 seconds of game atm.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

Hey everybody, just an update regarding the upcoming release. I'll try and be more frequent with these.

• Haha
Reactions: m4pII and kros94

D2taA

Oct 24, 2020
I hated the show and the book I just read the synopsis and I didn't even want to read it anymore, when I read the synopsis of the game I knew would be inspired by sexlife so teg NTR for me was irrelevant as the dev said from the beginning that there will be NTR I think he you did the right thing, as for the people complaining that have NTR don't pay attention to them you already explained from the start. I hate NTR (mainly because the story is cliche) so when I know from the beginning that there will be NTR I don't get vocal, but when the dev puts NTR in the middle of the development of the game without talking before and sometimes says that it is not NTR then yes I get vocal becouse i wasant expected that, as for what the dev is saying that maybe the fans of romance will like this story I find it very difficult people who like romance do not want to see LI surrendering to the others, this game will drive away a large amount of players and support leaving almost only NTR players so it's a bold idea that may or may not work because NTR fans are not as big as harem or romance so it's not worth thinking it will bringing people from romance and harem into the game by going deeper into the story and NTR, but I wish good luck to the dev and that his game works mainly for NTR fans who have few games and usually these games are discontinued.
That's not true, look how big TAC was and AWAM is pretty big. No I think it just guys that get to emotional involved with the characters, I been known to do this. But that's when they make the guy out to be a premature ejaculating wimpy loser. Then they make him act all gitty like a 5yr on Christmas marnin when he sees his LI getting railed by someone else.

Reactions: Toushiro

D2taA

Oct 24, 2020
It's not what every fan of romance would be interested in, I agree. But there are some out there who would be interested in it and maybe you're one of them. You never know until you try when we get to that point.

Some people view "play as" as simply being able to see the thoughts and follow those characters around. If that's how you view it, then yes, you will "play as" the Anna or the Vronsky here. I view being able to "play as" a character in a VN as which character you as the player can make decisions with. So, in my perspective, as of now, you will only be able to "play as" the Karenin of the VN - that is if you make him the Karenin.
So your telling us she leaves MC in the end, now that would suck. You at least got the write in something for the MC to get some kind of retribution.

But even the book and show you're referencing is not how real life would work out. In the show she leaves husband and it's made out that the main reason is because of his dick size. Then she leaves her husband and kids and gets pregnant and married dude. In real life if that happened every one would already knows how that would end. She leaves guy the first time because of how he acts, people like him don't really change to the extent to where they would be husband material. In less then 5yrs they would be divorced and she would be a single mother but still let dude come thru and knock the dust off it. And by her letting him do that she'll never have another serious relationship with any one. You would just she a time jump of 10yrs later with her pulling up at her 1st ex-husbands house to pickup their 2 kids and see him with his new wife and prolly another kid that they had.

Women that act like that never come out on top, I think short term they do. They get to cheat then after the divorce they get their lover. But long term it hardly ever works out for them. Women that act like that and show little to know remorse aren't emotionally strong enough to know how to rebuild broken relationships. In the end they'll die alone.

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I know this game will become a NTR game. Will it provide a non-ntr route in the future?

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Hey everyone! V0.2 has released just as promised. You can download it from the post ! I'm sure that this thread will update when the uploader team and the mods are able to do so, so if you don't prefer Workupload, just be patient, I'm sure they'll get to it whenever is best.

krokos49

May 11, 2023
Hey everyone! V0.2 has released just as promised. You can download it from the post ! I'm sure that this thread will update when the uploader team and the mods are able to do so, so if you don't prefer Workupload, just be patient, I'm sure they'll get to it whenever is best.
dont see ntr content in ntr game. What :eek:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
To be honest, I didn't like the look of the girls in the screenshots too much, but I decided to read the discussions first to make a decision. To my surprise, I had read all six pages. Well, I would like to say that the author's idea is very close to me. I can guess why this story is perceived so negatively. Ex-boyfriend, diary, cock size difference etc. But if it's not just that, then it's very sad. It's sad to see that people like one-dimensional stories, total romance and harems, power fantasy without any effort on the part of the player. Or utter decay, hopelessness and an unfaithful girl, with no way of stopping it.

Personally, I would like to see games which challenging you. Games that require me to work hard for a good stuff and non-obvious mechanics that can lead to your failure. That said, I'd probably go for a blackmail theme or any other forcing action that can't just be aborted overnight, while at the same time giving the heroine a chance to fight back. That's just one of the examples that I have in mind. Anyway, I don’t know what will come out of this game, I wish you good luck. I won't play it myself, as I don't find these particular 3d models attractive to me. Otherwise, I would've tried your game.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
To be honest, I didn't like the look of the girls in the screenshots too much, but I decided to read the discussions first to make a decision. To my surprise, I had read all six pages. Well, I would like to say that the author's idea is very close to me. I can guess why this story is perceived so negatively. Ex-boyfriend, diary, cock size difference etc. But if it's not just that, then it's very sad. It's sad to see that people like one-dimensional stories, total romance and harems, power fantasy without any effort on the part of the player. Or utter decay, hopelessness and an unfaithful girl, with no way of stopping it.

Personally, I would like to see games which challenging you. Games that require me to work hard for a good stuff and non-obvious mechanics that can lead to your failure. That said, I'd probably go for a blackmail theme or any other forcing action that can't just be aborted overnight, while at the same time giving the heroine a chance to fight back. That's just one of the examples that I have in mind. Anyway, I don’t know what will come out of this game, I wish you good luck. I won't play it myself, as I don't find these particular 3d models attractive to me. Otherwise, I would've tried your game.
I get what you mean about blackmail, but personally I can never get into that. It's always so rapey and that's just what I prefer to ignore. Creating deep emotional issues and using them to delve further into the characters' psyches is what I want to do. Make no mistake, I like those more 1D games myself and maybe if this game is successful enough, I'll make one of those as well. But I want to make a player think about every choice they make. And hey, maybe the characters' models will grow on you if you try it?

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I get what you mean about blackmail, but personally I can never get into that. It's always so rapey and that's just what I prefer to ignore.
To each their own.

Creating deep emotional issues and using them to delve further into the characters' psyches is what I want to do.
It sounds good on paper, I'm all for it with both hands. But will you be able to achieve it? I hope so.

But I want to make a player think about every choice they make. Make no mistake, I like those more 1D games myself and maybe if this game is successful enough, I'll make one of those as well.
As I said, this is just one example. If you scratch your head, you can come up with a lot of things. If it were secondary characters, I'd make the possibility of losing them or that they might betray you (Not necessarily sexually, just that the character might be a slippery type by nature) with the main characters, I could think of options where they either lose trust in you, during important decisions and it would be hard to regain it or gaining some sort of trauma physical, psychological or sexual (Not necessary extreme one). The idea of game overs is generally pointless in my opinion. Choices should be such that the player can continue the game with the consequences of their decisions. 1D plots have a right to be, but when you see only them it starts to get frankly boring. You want to see different approaches already.

And hey, maybe the characters' models will grow on you if you try it?
Well, there's really one game in which a lot of the characters aren't sexually appealing to me. It's called Hero party must fall, and I keep playing it mostly because of the story. It's a netori game with a dark story and characters with their own agendas, internal problems and complex, conflicted pasts. But there are at least 5 female characters, and 2 of them I really like the look of. So it's very controversial here, I don't think you should try to please everyone.

Reactions: Jccurtis
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote