VN Ren'Py Abandoned Normal Trade Relations [v0.35] [Lostworks]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
even than...comparing to book is nonsence....she doesnt have another choice in 19th century... she just cant fill divorce papers and leave...:D

in this game if this girl want fuck other man/s she can just leave to him and not cheat on MC like some kind of whore...

but than it would not be Normal Trade Relations right? :D

edited:

but enought from me i guess let dev write his NTR :p romance :p and let him be hitted by hard reality alone...
I don't think that it's nonsense. Yes, things in the 21st century are very different and while in some cases, it can be as simple as up and leaving a person, in other cases, it isn't. For example, there are cases of prenuptial or postnuptial agreements that need to be sorted out. There's a financial stake involved in divorce.

This is all covered in Anna Karenina as well, where divorce could only be triggered if a party was unfaithful or after a five year marital separation - meaning Anna would have got what she wanted if she'd just waited four more years. In fact, the largest part of Anna Karenina is the romance of Levin and Kitty which contrasts the new style, the married couple choosing each other, over the old style, marriages being arranged.

I believe it's easy to find a point of equivalency where I can swap out arranged marriages for something else. What that something else is, you'll have to find out in later versions of the game.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
I don't think that it's nonsense. Yes, things in the 21st century are very different and while in some cases, it can be as simple as up and leaving a person, in other cases, it isn't. For example, there are cases of prenuptial or postnuptial agreements that need to be sorted out. There's a financial stake involved in divorce.

This is all covered in Anna Karenina as well, where divorce could only be triggered if a party was unfaithful or after a five year marital separation - meaning Anna would have got what she wanted if she'd just waited four more years. In fact, the largest part of Anna Karenina is the romance of Levin and Kitty which contrasts the new style, the married couple choosing each other, over the old style, marriages being arranged.

I believe it's easy to find a point of equivalency where I can swap out arranged marriages for something else. What that something else is, you'll have to find out in later versions of the game.
yep good luck with that

• Angry
Reactions: Gudil

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
Anyone else find the fact that she is wearing nothing but a choker hilarious? I can't imagine what the dev was thinking that led to that decision.

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Thanks brother. It was nice talking to you.
Just to be clear, whether the wife cheats or not depends on our actions? By that I don't mean that we have to watch her 24/7 because that would be pretty lame and unoriginal. If the ex pursues her she can immediately refuse him, right?

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Just to be clear, whether the wife cheats or not depends on our actions? By that I don't mean that we have to watch her 24/7 because that would be pretty lame and unoriginal. If the ex pursues her she can immediately refuse him, right?
So, if you choose the actions which are going to drive the wife to cheating, she will cheat. Think of it like how it's done in Watching my Wife by Illegible Mink, I just want to make it more nuanced than that. That being said, I love how blunt and well written WMW is.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
So, if you choose the actions which are going to drive the wife to cheating, she will cheat. Think of it like how it's done in Watching my Wife by Illegible Mink, I just want to make it more nuanced than that. That being said, I love how blunt and well written WMW is.
[/QUOTE

Do you want to make it as a pure NTR/Cheating game or also with swinging/sharing option? Anyway i like both so whatever it will be i am in.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Hey brother, think your got your quotes a bit out of wack. But if you're asking whether there will be sharing, at this moment I am planning to have it in there.

Reactions: SISIMEN

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
It was interesting but far too short and mysterious to have an opinion of any sort. I hate when a story makes people talk about something you ignore and lets you in the dark in the end. I just feel frustrated and i had to replay it many times to have a clue about what's going on.
But for the dev, please write YOUR story don't come ask us what we want to see, you want to go full NTR, go for it, we love it, even if some loud teenagers hate it here!! ;)

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
It was interesting but far too short and mysterious to have an opinion of any sort. I hate when a story makes people talk about something you ignore and lets you in the dark in the end. I just feel frustrated and i had to replay it many times to have a clue about what's going on.
But for the dev, please write YOUR story don't come ask us what we want to see, you want to go full NTR, go for it, we love it, even if some loud teenagers hate it here!! ;)
Well, I would love to know what you do think is going on.

That said, the intention was never to go full NTR without offering sharing or avoiding cheating. I have a vision and I'm sticking to it.

Manticore96

Feb 16, 2021
Hey man, so far it's avoided all the "Is NTR optional" questions. That being said, I still do recommend you give it a try. I'm not going for the traditional netorare thing, I do want to make it more complex like in Anna Karenina or Sex/Life.
Which game is Anna Karenina and Sex/Life

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Which game is Anna Karenina and Sex/Life
Anna Karenina is a novel by Tolstoy released in the 1800s about a man named Konstantin Lenin, showing his issues with life in Imperial Russia, using the titular character as an example of a person who gives in to their indulgences to show how life can go wrong. Sex/Life is a show starring the always great Sarah Shahi about a woman in a happy marriage who wants more as in 8=====> opposed to 8==>.

Reactions: Manticore96

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
too little content to really say anything about it so I'll just say what tropes I hope are not here in the future:
1. since sharing seems to be on the table I at least hope the people involved aren't assholes, they don't need to be angels but at least make them decent people.
2. I hope the Mc isn't much of an asshole either or that at least that be a player choice, same as above if we don't get to choose the characters personality through our decisions.
3. That it actually be a conversation about it instead of someone going behind someone else's back and then convincing them to allow it or asking for forgiveness(for both MC and Wife).
4. if we are going the open relationship or polyamory lines that they have equal rights instead of being just one of them having all the freedom.
I think those are the most important ones to me, seems like it can have potential but as I said there is not enough to judge in any way.

• Angry
Reactions: Gudil and Jccurtis

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
too little content to really say anything about it so I'll just say what tropes I hope are not here in the future:
1. since sharing seems to be on the table I at least hope the people involved aren't assholes, they don't need to be angels but at least make them decent people.
2. I hope the Mc isn't much of an asshole either or that at least that be a player choice, same as above if we don't get to choose the characters personality through our decisions.
3. That it actually be a conversation about it instead of someone going behind someone else's back and then convincing them to allow it or asking for forgiveness(for both MC and Wife).
4. if we are going the open relationship or polyamory lines that they have equal rights instead of being just one of them having all the freedom.
I think those are the most important ones to me, seems like it can have potential but as I said there is not enough to judge in any way.
Well, to address each of your points:

1. The people involved are going to be complex. I don't want to make characters who are stock and fall into asshole or saint.
2. The personality of the Mc is going to be a bit more up to player control.
3. I take pride in my writing and while I will admit I have not thought about how they will get involved with sharing, I am not planning on cheating leading to sharing.
4. I don't see how it would work otherwise.

That said, we are many releases away from sharing content.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TundraLupus
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote