VN Ren'Py Abandoned Normal Trade Relations [v0.35] [Lostworks]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
I hated the show and the book I just read the synopsis and I didn't even want to read it anymore, when I read the synopsis of the game I knew would be inspired by sexlife so teg NTR for me was irrelevant as the dev said from the beginning that there will be NTR I think he you did the right thing, as for the people complaining that have NTR don't pay attention to them you already explained from the start. I hate NTR (mainly because the story is cliche) so when I know from the beginning that there will be NTR I don't get vocal, but when the dev puts NTR in the middle of the development of the game without talking before and sometimes says that it is not NTR then yes I get vocal becouse i wasant expected that, as for what the dev is saying that maybe the fans of romance will like this story I find it very difficult people who like romance do not want to see LI surrendering to the others, this game will drive away a large amount of players and support leaving almost only NTR players so it's a bold idea that may or may not work because NTR fans are not as big as harem or romance so it's not worth thinking it will bringing people from romance and harem into the game by going deeper into the story and NTR, but I wish good luck to the dev and that his game works mainly for NTR fans who have few games and usually these games are discontinued.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
I hated the show and the book I just read the synopsis and I didn't even want to read it anymore, when I read the synopsis of the game I knew would be inspired by sexlife so teg NTR for me was irrelevant as the dev said from the beginning that there will be NTR I think he you did the right thing, as for the people complaining that have NTR don't pay attention to them you already explained from the start. I hate NTR (mainly because the story is cliche) so when I know from the beginning that there will be NTR I don't get vocal, but when the dev puts NTR in the middle of the development of the game without talking before and sometimes says that it is not NTR then yes I get vocal becouse i wasant expected that, as for what the dev is saying that maybe the fans of romance will like this story I find it very difficult people who like romance do not want to see LI surrendering to the others, this game will drive away a large amount of players and support leaving almost only NTR players so it's a bold idea that may or may not work because NTR fans are not as big as harem or romance so it's not worth thinking it will bringing people from romance and harem into the game by going deeper into the story and NTR, but I wish good luck to the dev and that his game works mainly for NTR fans who have few games and usually these games are discontinued.
that is mainly true but there is not NTR (probably yet) in this NTR game so what fans are target audience? :D

Reactions: bruce555

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
This would be more interesting from the wife pov. Playing as the cuck is really cringe if you aren't into cuckholding.
While I might add a route from the wife's perspective, I have no intention of doing that right now. You will be seeing things from her perspective, though.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
NTR? Fine, sometimes sexy as hell.

Depressing? Nah. I don't play these games for an overweening feeling of depression. Even Teaching Lessons had a happier tone and messages of hope after the fuckery (on the right paths).
I haven't played Teaching Lessons, but I'm not out to create something which is horribly depressing. Yes, there will be moments of sadness. There will also be moments of happiness. What I'm out for is something that makes you think.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Yeah, this is for cuckolds only. Romance?...There is nothing romantic about seeing your woman being fucked by others. Romantic....hahaha! God isotope radioactive... let's move on.
I disagree, it all depends on how you view the story. Did the chapters from Karenin's perspective change that Anna and Vronsky were in love and having a romance?

• Angry
Reactions: ProtDan

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
And it's all right to hate the show and the book. I don't love the book either but I can appreciate it, especially the lessons it teaches on not being satisfied with one's life. That said, as I mentioned in another post, Anna Karenina was still about a romance - even if it was a failed one. Some chapters were from her husband's perspective, so I do think that if you are a fan of romance based games, you could enjoy this one - even if you do take the decisions which lead to cheating.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
And it's all right to hate the show and the book. I don't love the book either but I can appreciate it, especially the lessons it teaches on not being satisfied with one's life. That said, as I mentioned in another post, Anna Karenina was still about a romance - even if it was a failed one. Some chapters were from her husband's perspective, so I do think that if you are a fan of romance based games, you could enjoy this one - even if you do take the decisions which lead to cheating.
btw nice english for russian, u r russian right? cant immagine that someone other would like russian literature so much.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
AK was a romance between Anna and the person she had the affair with, not the husband.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
AK was a romance between Anna and the person she had the affair with, not the husband.
arranged marriages was probably like that in 19th century...still dont see point to brag about it in this game so much if she was not "sold" by parrents to MC :D

Tolstoy is good stuff. If you can handle the verbose nature of it.
kay war and peace is good good book with some wisdom inside

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
btw nice english for russian, u r russian right? cant immagine that someone other would like russian literature so much.
No, I'm not Russian. That said, Russian literature gets taught a lot in North America because of the circumstances it was written under, Imperial reign and all that. It really depends on the professor you get. Most choose Dostoevsky and that's probably because Crime and Punishment or the Brothers Karamazov are incredible. If not him, then Tolstoy, even though I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Dostoevsky. The remainder probably go for Pushkin.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: kros94

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
kay war and peace is good good book with some wisdom inside
War and Peace is indeed something. It really plays out like a trial run for Anna Karenina, as certain characters can just be seen as trial versions of characters that appear in that book. It does stand out on its own but I get why Tolstoy didn't see it as his first novel.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I disagree, it all depends on how you view the story. Did the chapters from Karenin's perspective change that Anna and Vronsky were in love and having a romance?
Well, we view the story from the point of the MC, so for romance/harem fans the romance would need between him and the LI, the LI and someone else thats for ntr/cuck fans.

In your example, that would be fine if we play Vronsky and steal Anna, to have her for ourself.
But you can show the nicest romance between them, if we don't play as him, that would hardly be what romance/harem players are interestet in.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
Well, we view the story from the point of the MC, so for romance/harem fans the romance would need between him and the LI, the LI and someone else thats for ntr/cuck fans.

In your example, that would be fine if we play Vronsky and steal Anna, to have her for ourself.
But you can show the nicest romance between them, if we don't play as him, that would hardly be what romance/harem players are interestet in.
even than...comparing to book is nonsence....she doesnt have another choice in 19th century... she just cant fill divorce papers and leave...:D

in this game if this girl want fuck other man/s she can just leave to him and not cheat on MC like some kind of whore...

but than it would not be Normal Trade Relations right? :D

edited:

but enought from me i guess let dev write his NTR :p romance :p and let him be hitted by hard reality alone...

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

It's not what every fan of romance would be interested in, I agree. But there are some out there who would be interested in it and maybe you're one of them. You never know until you try when we get to that point.

Some people view "play as" as simply being able to see the thoughts and follow those characters around. If that's how you view it, then yes, you will "play as" the Anna or the Vronsky here. I view being able to "play as" a character in a VN as which character you as the player can make decisions with. So, in my perspective, as of now, you will only be able to "play as" the Karenin of the VN - that is if you make him the Karenin.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote