Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
This was an excellent update. I can't agree that there was any lack of content, quite the opposite. Around three hours of play time and scenes with several girls, good scenes, I mean, with Lea's and Jen's being my favorites. MrSilverLust is doing a great job and has a very classy approach to different kinks. Characters have well defined personalities and those are explained throughout the story with lots of great details that really add to the experience. I've been watching "Nothing is Forever" since the very first version and every update has elevated it's quality. One final word to art, that has grown on me. It's different in a very good way.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Thanks for the feedback on the new chapter. Let me just start by saying that it always feels a bit awkward to discuss a new release here before it has been leaked. On one hand, it’s sort of an advertisement from anyone following the game thread, on the other it might give a biased impression of an update because it’s being discussed only among already supporters of the game. It's just that the patreon's interface is awful. It's much easir to discuss things here.

Also, in the past, once an update was leaked in gets it sparks a huge increase in players that bring all sorts of new feedback and different opinions that have helped improving the game.

I’ll leave my comments inside spoilers, but I’d just like to address the comment about dev cycles and amount of content. I’ve always said that, given my “free time”, this is what I can put forward per dev cycle. And that, with increasing branching, the times between updates will likely increase. Also, depending on your choices, you might have more or less content to see. Check the options screen to have an idea of the percentage of the game you have played.

In the end, it’s up to the player to decide if they’re happy with the content and if it deserves any support or not.

About the update and specific comments said above:

Emma:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lea and Deb:

Kim:

Jen:

Guess the kink:

chess:

Finally, some boring daz stuff:

Thanks for the feedback so far!

jufot

May 15, 2021
I'll reply in spoiler blocks as well.

That game is probably the most in history, the “Opera Game”, played by who many consider to be the great chess player ever, given how much better he was than anyone else at that time, Paul Morphy.
Thank you! I'm a very casual player, and I have basically zero knowledge of the scene, so these sorts of references definitely help :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: feierflei

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
It’s always interesting to discuss fetishes with other people and find new interpretations. So, if you don’t mind jufot, let me just ask you some concrete questions.

This is to answer Mister_M:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
  • Exhibitionism [Nudity or daring stunts with a risk of getting caught by strangers. Also blatant exposure to strangers.]
This is the point of exposing your inner self to the wide world /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ the thrill of admonestation.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I see your point jufot. I'd still claim that there's a difference between going to a public coffee shop and taking some naughty pics while risking getting caught, or just doing it after taking a shower, even if in both cases the pics end up just being seen by her partner.

Maybe calling that risky or public play is more appropriate. The definition of exhibitionism that Canto Forte posted above seems to include that sort of thing, but we are getting into the realm of semantics and that's not the point.

To me, these are similar enough fantasies that it's not that unrealistic for someone to have both of them.

It's like, as soon as she finds someone she likes, she replaces the strangers in her fantasies with the guy she likes because, now, he's more important to her than a bunch of strangers. And she gets to bring him into the kind of public, risky play she likes.

That was the kind of message I wanted to pass across in that scene, but maybe I failed and it felt forced or unrealistic.

jufot

May 15, 2021
That was the kind of message I wanted to pass across in that scene, but maybe I failed and it felt forced or unrealistic.
No no no, I get the message. It just meant that Lea's path is no longer one of exhibitionism in my mind. It's fine though, there is still Deb and potentially Emma for my tastes ;)

Reactions: MrSilverLust

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
consider me officially hooked... but i only played chapter 1 so far... will continue, but chapter 1 was long enough to take a review and make up my mind about the game.

probably the best writing on this site i have witnessed. No pointless dialogues, i really like the fact when the dialogues are getting to "chit-chat" that the scene fades out... you know that the characters shared a good time with each other, but really, there is no need to see these kind of conversations to know this fact, most other games are overflown with this kind of chit-chat, pointless, not entertaining and so on... and it gets very boring very fast to fish in these conversations for something entertaining. Its a waste of time for the player AND the authors too. So really awesome job in that department. And nothing is missing... there are enough funny dialogues and moments, and of course heavy tones too... And the conversations are intelligent too. Really really well written, most of the guys who are just searching for a fap and dont bother with this kind of conversations maybe be wrong in this game... but for me, its right up my alley.

The MC is a normal, good looking but intelligent guy but not the usual magic-dick-chick-magnet like in most of the others games around here... in fact these games tend to get boring aswell really fast. In most of the games its kinda like you have to scare away the girls with a baseball-bat if youre not interested in them, and even than you will bang them either way :D

The skill system is a little complex, maybe to much for a VN like this? Dont know yet, but for now it works and makes the game interesting too, and makes it worth to try multiple playthroughs. I dont like to make multiple playthorughs in every game, in most of the games its not that good cause the outcome is nearly the same everytime, only the girl differs... but i get the feeling in this game there will be not only different outcome WHICH girl you get, no the relationship to the girls will be a whole different thing to, iam looking forward to that, and already saw something about that in chapter 1... will be fun to experiment in this way.

And now to the chacters... well, thumbs up. greaty varity of different girls and guys. All have some flaws, and equal attributes to like them... some are more likeable than others, so yeah, pretty awesome "cast" i would say. And the MC too, he has some big flaws, but some likeable attributes too... but they will be very different cause they depend on how you play, i like that really much... called character development, and most out there cant deliver in that part, neither for the MC or the other characters. This game can deliver, and you already can see that in chapter 1 i would say, looking forward to more.

Lets talk about the technical side... the renders are good and looking "unique" with the "contours" and everything.. and i cant remember to have seen the environment or any model so far in other games. Yeah the MC looks familiar, and Jamie too... but cant recall that exactly where i might have seen them in other games... So good work in that department too... not every girl is for my taste, overall Emma is the hottest, followed by olivia... but i dont like the overall attitude of Emma (and iam not into hate-sex or dom-sub games) and i dont like girls who dont like any commitment... so sadly a no for Olivia too so far (maybe i can change her mind? :D) For now... Jen is my overall favorite (and read head.... uuuuh :D) But well, all are very different and i like that very much.

The animations... well i watched a sexscene, there are none... but in some scenes there were animations, and they were well made, i guess and hope that there will be animations too in some sex scenes later on, dont know yet. But animations are only a "plus" for me, i can easily do without them too... but if animations are really bad its a really bad thing and annoying very much. But its not the case here.

The free roams are ok, its not a "search" where to go next, its very clear what you have to do (big fucking arrows :D), i dont think they are necessary overall, but it fits when a scene plays in the same evironment but in different locations with different persons...

Now to the music and sound... i like the soundtrack, the music fits the mood of the scenes very well, and there are some sounds too which are adding something to the atmosphere.

So i cant think of anything else to say for now... as you can see, nothing negative comes to mind, its the opposite. This game is really good, and is now a favroite of mine so far... of course there is always room to improve.

I saw on Patreon that there is already a chapter 3 available, after playing chapter two i think i will gor for it. Either way, i will be a patron for now, only have to decide the amount of money (dont have that much to spend so i have to think carefully, cause i support others too) :) Keep up the very good work and let the updates coming... really awesome game, 5 stars. nothing to complain in my book.

Soucer

Donor
Nov 1, 2019
Nothing is Forever Chapter 3

Original post has been updated now, I have removed the old links here.

PC version 0.3.0

PC patch version 0.3.1

How to install the patch:
  • Download the pc 0.3.1 patch file from the link above
  • Unzip
  • Copy the "game" folder
  • Open the folder of the game: nif-0.3.0-pc
  • Paste and merge the "game" copied on step 3
  • When promoted to replace the scripts.rpa file, accept
  • Play

MAC version 0.3.0

Mac patch version 0.3.1

How to install the patch:
  • Download the mac 0.3.1 patch file from the link above
  • Unzip
  • Copy the " " folder
  • Open the folder of the game: nif-0.3.0-mac
  • Paste and merge the " " folder copied on step 3
  • When promoted to replace the shader.rpa and scripts.rpa file, accept
  • Play

Android

If an older version of Nothing is Forever is already installed:
  • 1. Do NOT uninstall the old version (otherwise you lose your old saves)
  • 2. Open the new version apk file
  • 3. Select the option to update the older version
  • 4. Play (this way you keep the old saves)

Changelog
The script of this chapter has more than 9000 lines of code, where the previous two had around 7000. A lot of this increase is due to alternative choices and dialogues. So, a single playthrough should still take roughly the same time of the previous chapters (1h to 2h maybe?).

Besides the new story content, this update also brings some small quality of life improvements:
  • New game +: this allows blind and relax mode to be played from the very start of the game;
  • Blind mode now also properly hides texting and real-time menu choices;
  • Blind mode now randomizes the order of the given choices (normally, for consistency, there is a defined order between personality choices, which could spoil the answers);
  • The chess board interface now allows to invert sides while watching the games;

Last edited:

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
This time was a little faster than with chapter 2, I guess it means that the game is getting more popular. I’ve updated the 1st page with a couple new pics and new tags. Now it’s just waiting for the uploaders to do their job.

It’s always a bit nerve wrecking when you know your game is going to be played by a lot of people. I hope you enjoy the new update.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Either the name of the thread is wrong, or the first post was not updated with version 0.3.1. I can't check at the moment. Please confirm that the version you are playing is 0.3.1 (should say that in the main menu) or download and install the patch posted above.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Thanks. I've put at least one link in the op with the patch. The mac version doesn't even start without it and there are bugs and proofreading done in 0.3.1. Everyone should play that version.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

twinklecake

May 21, 2018
Any chance at getting that gallery/cheat mod to update as well? I'd rather just do the one playthrough my way and not have to do a bunch more additional playthroughs in a point-based game like this to see what mighta happened.

4.60 star(s) 157 Votes