Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Maybe i needed to make the /s bigger. How about this:

/s
It was more of the ...... why am i blanking on the name, some internet era fallacy - when sarcasm or innuendo is too realistic, making it impossible for the audience to tell apart :LOL: Anyway I apologize for any scorn sent your way.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Is the game completed now?
No.

Mr Silver Lust has previously said that he expects a total of approximately 10 releases to complete the story arc. I know for a fact that he is currently working on v0.7, which is also planned to be the first release on Steam as an early access game.

With regards to timing, so far he has been quite consistent with a new release every 5-6 months.

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
Hey all, I'm running into this error and it's crashing the game.
At first it happened on my old save and I thought I had to restart over and it's happening on the new save too, if someone can give me any insights on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 455, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
File "game/camera/camera.rpy", line 431, in _camera_trans
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'tuple' and 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/script.rpyc", line 327, in script
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 455, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1537, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/transform.py", line 747, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 148, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/display/transform.py", line 732, in update_state
fr = self.function(self, self.st, self.at)
File "game/camera/camera.rpy", line 431, in _camera_trans
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'tuple' and 'float'

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Nothing is Forever version: 0.6.2
Thu Jul 20 00:29:16 2023

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Hey all, I'm running into this error and it's crashing the game.
You are getting some problem because of renpy compatability issues. The game is made on renpy 7.5 that uses python 2, but you're somehow using renpy 8 that uses renpy 3. Hence, bugs.

If you download the official game and start it via the nif.exe (or nif.app on mac) file, you shouldn't have any problems. But it doesn't seem like you're doing that, so it makes it harder to help you without knowing more details.

Can you tell more about what you are doing? Launching it via renpy launcher? Just use renpy 7.5 instead of renpy 8.0. Using some modded version? Whoever did the mod did it with renpy 8.0 and it now has those bugs. Ask for their help. Something else?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Good evening my fellow NIF people.

I have observed a troubling phenomenon.

The number of chuckles is growing at a faster rate than the lines per chapter.

*chuckles*LinesPercentage of lines
that are *chuckles*
Chapter 1070050
Chapter 2272540.02
Chapter 39694951.01
Chapter 4241150461.60
Chapter 5271134472.01
Chapter 6613194783.14

At the average rate of increase of chuckles-per-line, when the game reaches chapter 27 the entire script will be *chuckles*.

(With all apologies to Mr Silver Lust :love:)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
My previous silly post was partly due to my great happiness and euphoria at finally achieving the goal of...

Completed proofread/editing of Chapter 6! :love:

I'll hand the final edited file over to Mr SL tonight. It only took me 9 weeks lol. So much for my prediction of 2-3 weeks back in May.
2779 lines edited of 19053.

I have no info on when he will be able to merge (hopefully most) of my suggested changes back into the game files and make a patch release. And please don't pressure him, he is more than busy enough working on both the new content and the enhancements to previous chapters that are going into the first Steam release...

Last edited:

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
My previous silly post was partly due to my great happiness and euphoria at finally achieving the goal of...

Completed proofread/editing of Chapter 6! :love:
Amazing work as always. Thank you, you really help make this game better :)

Good evening my fellow NIF people.

I have observed a troubling phenomenon.

The number of chuckles is growing at a faster rate than the lines per chapter.
It'd be interesting to look at the "Haha"'s too. I think I just started to replace them with more chuckles.
Or it might be just the MC is way more depressed at the start of the game and laughs less :ROFLMAO:
---

But, more seriously, I don't know about you all, but, when I'm having fun with my friends, a lot of time is spend with everyone trying to be funny and make everyone laugh. It's common to have everyone making little chuckles, or even laughing throughout a playful conversation.

It's hard to convey that dynamic to a VN. The "Haha",s *chuckles* and *giggles* can become annoying, but it's kinda accurate for what I have in mind for the scene to be. Without them, the dialogues can get a bit more of a serious tone that what was intended. And there is no acting to show what the tone is, like in movies. Sure, you can make a few facial expressions, but those are also quite limited and can't change midway through sentences (actually, thanks to a suggestion from Osanaiko, we kinda did that in a single sentence when talking to Emma and she tells the MC she got the job at the University, but I'm not even sure how many people noticed that. It was a cool effect, though)

I don't know. I'll try to be more mindful of that since, apparently, those expressions can get annoying.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
It's hard to convey that dynamic to a VN. The "Haha",s *chuckles* and *giggles* can become annoying, but it's kinda accurate for what I have in mind for the scene to be. Without them, the dialogues can get a bit more of a serious tone that what was intended. And there is no acting to show what the tone is, like in movies. Sure, you can make a few facial expressions, but those are also quite limited and can't change midway through sentences (actually, thanks to a suggestion from Osanaiko, we kinda did that in a single sentence when talking to Emma and she tells the MC she got the job at the University, but I'm not even sure how many people noticed that. It was a cool effect, though)

I don't know. I'll try to be more mindful of that since, apparently, those expressions can get annoying.
like i posted somedays back
it is very annoying lately ...
way to much , as if they are perma-stoned ...

• Angry
Reactions: SamsonX and Cedrog

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
Either way guys
Sure, other dudes can have sex with her but
I'll be the one holding her hand when we go out
I'll be the one cuddling with her on the couch while watching a movie
I'll be the one seeing her beautiful face every morning when we wake up

So, ask yourselves who the real winner is.
Some dude who has casual sex with her
Or the guy who gets to see her when she is at her most beautiful.

Also, by me I mean my MC of course.
Although I do like to immerse as much as possible when playing these games.

P.S. Emma is also cool just not as awesome as Jen
The real winner is the man who fucks your girlfriend or wife :LOL:. Think about it, here you are, taking care of her, paying her bills (Maybe not), being a her emotional support and giving your love and doing everything to make her happy and another guy comes who's name is James and just fucks and let her suck his dick and go back to cuddle with a woman who loves him, a woman who doesn't fuck others. Seems like this James is the winner :LOL:.

SamsonX

May 29, 2018
But, more seriously, I don't know about you all, but, when I'm having fun with my friends, a lot of time is spend with everyone trying to be funny and make everyone laugh. It's common to have everyone making little chuckles, or even laughing throughout a playful conversation.

I'd just like to point out that this game stands out from other VNs by having down to earth dialogue that actually sounds like real people talking to each other, I surprise myself by not trying to skip it because of the usual "this is just padding for the next plot scene". So no, I don't think they're that problematic because they do convey something in the dialogue, like nervousness or an awkward pause or friendly banter. I personally liked the additional context it adds.

It's pretty common to get negative feedback from people that don't like something but usually when people do like it it's less likely that they comment on it, so this is just my 2 cents to say that so far the dialogue and writing has been great in this game, and I'd be sad to see it change from what you intended it to be because of a few people that don't like it.

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes