Entertainer33

Jul 24, 2018
You are getting some problem because of renpy compatability issues. The game is made on renpy 7.5 that uses python 2, but you're somehow using renpy 8 that uses renpy 3. Hence, bugs.

If you download the official game and start it via the nif.exe (or nif.app on mac) file, you shouldn't have any problems. But it doesn't seem like you're doing that, so it makes it harder to help you without knowing more details.

Can you tell more about what you are doing? Launching it via renpy launcher? Just use renpy 7.5 instead of renpy 8.0. Using some modded version? Whoever did the mod did it with renpy 8.0 and it now has those bugs. Ask for their help. Something else?
THANK YOU. I was running into the same issue. I had an old renpy that was a few updates old, updated to the newest, which still didn't solve issues. This fixed it. Thanks!!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hey everyone, I reached out to MrSilverLust as I had not heard from him in a while, nor seen a public post here or on the NIF discord since early August. :eek:

I was pleased to see a response only a few days later, in which he let me know that he is well and is working hard on adding content such as animations and some render improvements to create a more polished "v0.6.x" version that will become the Steam early access launch version. His silence was just due to the fact that he is keeping away from forums so he is not distracted too much :cool:

This is of course exactly what he said he was going to work on in an earlier post, so all of my worries turned out to be pointless.

Following the Steam early access release, he is planning to swing onto creating new content for V0.7. :love:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Hey everyone, I reached out to MrSilverLust as I had not heard from him in a while, nor seen a public post here or on the NIF discord since early August. :eek:

I was pleased to see a response only a few days later, in which he let me know that he is well and is working hard on adding content such as animations and some render improvements to create a more polished "v0.6.x" version that will become the Steam early access launch version. His silence was just due to the fact that he is keeping away from forums so he is not distracted too much :cool:

This is of course exactly what he said he was going to work on in an earlier post, so all of my worries turned out to be pointless.

Following the Steam early access release, he is planning to swing onto creating new content for V0.7. :love:
i'm not a patron but as long as he post regular updates on patreon, i think it's all fine and good to not visit f95

there are many devs out there that doesn't come here but still develop their game all the same

Reactions: Don Sucio

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
i'm not a patron but as long as he post regular updates on patreon, i think it's all fine and good to not visit f95

there are many devs out there that doesn't come here but still develop their game all the same
In general I agree with you.

Without offense to the other creators I work with, NIF is my favorite game to edit, and I was feeling withdrawal symptoms after so long without another hit of Lea/Jen/Liv/Bri goodness. And due to my role I get a early preview which is even more delicious.

So I stalked him everywhere, and the most recent post I found was on the Discord, and that was more than 1 month ago. The Patreon page was quiet since early July. Hence my gnashing of teeth and plaintive messages in bottles.

In the end it was all unnecessary, but who is to say? Maybe he had been kidnapped by Jen fans who were angry about (a spoiler which shall not be named) and raging at the end of her path in v0.6?

• Haha
Reactions: Gordon_79

Iblis

Jun 15, 2017
In general I agree with you.

Without offense to the other creators I work with, NIF is my favorite game to edit, and I was feeling withdrawal symptoms after so long without another hit of Lea/Jen/Liv/Bri goodness. And due to my role I get a early preview which is even more delicious.

So I stalked him everywhere, and the most recent post I found was on the Discord, and that was more than 1 month ago. The Patreon page was quiet since early July. Hence my gnashing of teeth and plaintive messages in bottles.

In the end it was all unnecessary, but who is to say? Maybe he had been kidnapped by Jen fans who were angry about (a spoiler which shall not be named) and raging at the end of her path in v0.6?
Does that mean the new version will be slightly delayed in preparation for the steam early version? People speculated an oct release or so if I remember but maybe an update late September?

Reactions: Don Sucio

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I was pleased to see a response only a few days later, in which he let me know that he is well and is working hard on adding content such as animations and some render improvements to create a more polished "v0.6.x" version that will become the Steam early access launch version.
I always welcome animations in this games... so that will be a very nice improvement (y) , but i hope his renders never change at least to much, i find them very exotics.

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
Immediately I'm conflicted, as I want my character to be kind and dominant, so I don't wanna up any sub stats, but I also don't wanna be a prick. Am I gonna have a hard time? :LOL:

Reactions: pantypriv

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Immediately I'm conflicted, as I want my character to be kind and dominant, so I don't wanna up any sub stats, but I also don't wanna be a prick. Am I gonna have a hard time? :LOL:
Not really, you're not able to play as a prick at all sadly, the MC is very much on the "soft" spectrum of thing. I go for pure dom/manly/"whatever the snake option is" and even then he comes of as an insecure twat most of the time..

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
At this stage there's relatively few paths or interactions where MC takes the lead for the "main" girls... (I'm only saying main as the core four Jen, Emma, Lea, Deb seem to have relatively more screen time)

For the others there are relatively "manly" routes. For example, there is a route with Kim where he is not a pushover, although it is also a fair way toward "acting like a prick".

But... a little birdie told me there might be a few additions coming to the relationship path choices which might help satisfy some player's preferred personality styles. :love:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I don't really care as long as there's a copious amount of Lea content in the next update.

Not really, you're not able to play as a prick at all sadly, the MC is very much on the "soft" spectrum of thing. I go for pure dom/manly/"whatever the snake option is" and even then he comes of as an insecure twat most of the time..
And yeah I agree with this, he always seems to have these insecure inner monologues about "blah blah blah am I doing the right thing? Am I a bad person?" - Frankly I could do without this on ANY of the paths, just pick your way and be proud of it, either you're a proud dominant character or an enthusiastic submissive character, enough moping.

Last edited:

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
At this stage there's relatively few paths or interactions where MC takes the lead for the "main" girls... (I'm only saying main as the core four Jen, Emma, Lea, Deb seem to have relatively more screen time)

For the others there are relatively "manly" routes. For example, there is a route with Kim where he is not a pushover, although it is also a fair way toward "acting like a prick".

But... a little birdie told me there might be a few additions coming to the relationship path choices which might help satisfy some player's preferred personality styles. :love:
Yeah so far I only really care about Jen, Emma, and Lea, and Kim can go to hell lol

• Angry
Reactions: Cedrog

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
And yeah I agree with this, he always seems to have these insecure inner monologues about "blah blah blah am I doing the right thing? Am I bad a person?"
YES to this! I realize this pathetic second guessing oneself is appropriate for some sort of beta/sub path, it's their bread n butter. But it's misplaced and immersion breaking for any sort of dom route..

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes