osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Not to take anything away from what you're doing because I think this is an excellently written game and editing things line by line is an exceptionally time consuming and generous task. But have you or MrSilverLust considered tossing the script into something like Google Docs as a first pass?

The first couple of opening lines in chapter 1, "The ghosts of your past mistakes still hunt you" and "To your dream job as sexologist" can both be caught this way. These lines in particular are really off-putting as a first impression considering they occur in the opening monologue. I didn't test this with every chapter, but it looks like similar problems can be found by tossing the scripts for Chapter 2 and 6 in as well.
Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to let me know of the issues. I'm certainly not immune to making grammar errors, so using a helper tool makes great sense!

Spoiler alert (warning: contains whiny self-justification as to why it's not my fault :ROFLMAO:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding your suggestion, I previously have never used a word processor or grammar checker when doing edits simply because of the risk of accidental formatting changes breaking the code, and "sea of red squiggles" effect due to the renpy commands being too dense to see spelling or grammar concerns.

However your comment has made me revisit, and with a little searching I discovered that the renpy dev launcher has a function to export the dialogue as a TAB file intended for use by translators. I agree this would be perfect to use as a grammar checker pass after the work to "edit where needed to make characters sound like native speakers" is complete, and I will start doing so going forward (and probably go back over the previous chapters too!)

Thanks again for the support :love:

dews

Oct 21, 2017
Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to let me know of the issues. I'm certainly not immune to making grammar errors, so using a helper tool makes great sense!

Spoiler alert (warning: contains whiny self-justification as to why it's not my fault :ROFLMAO:)

Regarding your suggestion, I previously have never used a word processor or grammar checker when doing edits simply because of the risk of accidental formatting changes breaking the code, and "sea of red squiggles" effect due to the renpy commands being too dense to see spelling or grammar concerns.

However your comment has made me revisit, and with a little searching I discovered that the renpy dev launcher has a function to export the dialogue as a TAB file intended for use by translators. I agree this would be perfect to use as a grammar checker pass after the work to "edit where needed to make characters sound like native speakers" is complete, and I will start doing so going forward (and probably go back over the previous chapters too!)

Thanks again for the support :love:
Ah, cool. Yeah, I totally understand not wanting to mess up the formatting of the code and that you'd get a lot of false negatives due to the word processor thinking parts of the code are bad grammar. But even tossing the rpy files directly in, it seemed fairly easy to pick up on the dialogue lines that were marked and ignore the coding ones. At least this was the case for Google Docs... not sure about other word processors.

Anyways, glad my suggestion might be helpful. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Ah, cool. Yeah, I totally understand not wanting to mess up the formatting of the code and that you'd get a lot of false negatives due to the word processor thinking parts of the code are bad grammar. But even tossing the rpy files directly in, it seemed fairly easy to pick up on the dialogue lines that were marked and ignore the coding ones. At least this was the case for Google Docs... not sure about other word processors.

Anyways, glad my suggestion might be helpful. :)
I just finished using the grammar and spell check functions of docs, and doing some manual edits of things that caught my eye while going through chapter 1 again... and ended up with 150 changed lines! That's like 5%-ish of the lines which have visible dialogue. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Reactions: dews

Blob

May 7, 2017
So not sure if I understand correctly, is the only thing he worked on so far this 6.3 update? And we need to wait another X months for the next real update?

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
So not sure if I understand correctly, is the only thing he worked on so far this 6.3 update? And we need to wait another X months for the next real update?
Sounds like it. I was hoping the mid update would be Chapter 7 half way done.
So it's a good update for those who haven't played before, not so great if you're waiting for chapter 7...

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Sounds like it. I was hoping the mid update would be Chapter 7 half way done.
So it's a good update for those who haven't played before, not so great if you're waiting for chapter 7...
Actually, no!
Chapter 7 is underway and not neglected.
This "mid term" update, like MrSilverLust called it, it's something he wanted and needed to do to improve the game and prepare the Steam release. It also incorporates osanaiko's latest revision. But more than that, it's also a full rework of the game so far with A LOT of animations and a new path for Jen!
Unlike so many other devs, MrSilverLust did it quietly and presented a complete rework and didn't took this oportunity to postpone the update and spread the added animations throughout several updates like its usual around here.
There are other small things to consider and Mister_M already posted the link to the right in beggining of this page.

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
New animations? I hope my ancient potato PC can still run it, guess I'll have to download and play it to find out :unsure:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
How do I get Lea's 12th scene (between chapter 5 beach and chapter 6 handcuff)? Its considered a manly scene but I went through the honest route and didn't unlock it (I assume it isn't on the submissive route).
Didn't got it on the submissive route either. It remains the only elusive scene missing. Any hints?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Does anyone know how do i talk with Jen at the pub?
I'm digging the files and found out there's a scene with her i've never seen before

Here is the route info you need, hidden because spoilers:

Reactions: blasterexile

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How do I get Lea's 12th scene (between chapter 5 beach and chapter 6 handcuff)? Its considered a manly scene but I went through the honest route and didn't unlock it (I assume it isn't on the submissive route).
And here is another route analysis to help you out. Details hidden because spoilers:

Reactions: Gicoo

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Didn't got it on the submissive route either. It remains the only elusive scene missing. Any hints?
Organizing the scenes in the gallery screen is being a bit tricky because there are very similar scenes that trigger in different ways and only have some small differences between them. I've tried to organize and consolidate them under the same "button" on the gallery, but some are a bit more difficult than others. Lea gallery screen in particular is still a bit confusing for players and may need further work.

As osanaiko pointed out above, that scene is obtained only by being non-exclusive with her. In that case, you'll get the option to do the sex video session on chapter 6 (instead of on chapter 5 if she's your girlfriend there). In this version of the scene, she won't dance for you first (she only puts that much effort in the whole thing if you are her boyfriend, otherwise is just to have fun; she will also not show you the video later on).

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 164 Votes