MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
And NiF is out on Steam.

If you buy the game on steam, please consider leaving a review. It can be as short as you like. Reaching 10 reviews is very important because that's the bare minimum for steam to start promoting the game!

I know it's just a smut game, but it still feels really weird to see the game next to Football Manager, City Skylines, Starfield and the rest xD

It's been more than 2 years, 136 pages, many productive discussions with patrons, itch buyers and pirates, some here from day 1, some others still discovering the game, but all helped making NiF what it is today.

Among them was osanaiko, who, even before releasing the first chapter, was already checking NiF's first page here on F95, and offering his generous help to correct my broken English. More than 2 years later, he's still helping as much as ever, not only me but also other devs. Truly one of the best people on this site :)

crotch69

Aug 20, 2020
Congrats MrSilverLust. I got the email from Steam already. Hopefully, people over there will enjoy this game as much as I did.

Reactions: osanaiko

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
And NiF is out on Steam.

If you buy the game on steam, please consider leaving a review. It can be as short as you like. Reaching 10 reviews is very important because that's the bare minimum for steam to start promoting the game!

I know it's just a smut game, but it still feels really weird to see the game next to Football Manager, City Skylines, Starfield and the rest xD

It's been more than 2 years, 136 pages, many productive discussions with patrons, itch buyers and pirates, some here from day 1, some others still discovering the game, but all helped making NiF what it is today.

Among them was osanaiko, who, even before releasing the first chapter, was already checking NiF's first page here on F95, and offering his generous help to correct my broken English. More than 2 years later, he's still helping as much as ever, not only me but also other devs. Truly one of the best people on this site :)
Congrats on the release, I just added it to my library and will add a review after I replay it again for a bit. Can't wait for more updates. :giggle:

Reactions: Vleder and osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
And NiF is out on Steam.
Woohoo! Congratulations, you've made it!

Among them was@ osanaiko, who, even before releasing the first chapter, was already checking NiF's first page here on F95, and offering his generous help to correct my broken English. More than 2 years later, he's still helping as much as ever, not only me but also other devs. Truly one of the best people on this site :)
Aww shucks. :love:

Re-reading that development thread page you linked gives me weird feelings... it seems like so long ago, but it's only 2-and-a-bit years...

I'm really happy that you've allowed me to contribute in my small ways, and I wish that you get all the success you deserve!

I don't think many people understand the huge amount of work that goes into a large game like NIF.... just keeping up with the proofreading once every 4-5 months is a real crunch-time for me. And then I realize that you must be working at least that much *all the time* to produce the artwork and write the stories and game programming... I have huge respect for you Mr. Silver Lust. Thanks for everything!

Mharzel

Aug 19, 2021
The game is complete? (I kinda left when you had to option of blackmail and Olivia only had the scene of her naked swimming) Has there been more content afterwards? (If the game is complete I'll buy the steam then, just asking if it's completed?)

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
The game is complete? (I kinda left when you had to option of blackmail and Olivia only had the scene of her naked swimming) Has there been more content afterwards? (If the game is complete I'll buy the steam then, just asking if it's completed?)
Game is not complete.

lwahrleff

Apr 25, 2019
Bought it on Steam as a small way of supporting the development (wish I could support monthly but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to at the moment).

This game has occupied my mind ever since I've played it for the first time a couple of months ago. Only now I have realized that the Skills page is almost fully covered, isn't it? Unless upcoming updates will expand on it. So does that mean the game is approaching its end? I just hope there will still be lots more story added and some extra skills to unlock.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Only now I have realized that the Skills page is almost fully covered, isn't it? Unless upcoming updates will expand on it. So does that mean the game is approaching its end? I just hope there will still be lots more story added and some extra skills to unlock.
I don't speak for MrSL, but based on my interactions I'd expect another 3 or 4 updates. I know he initially planned to find ways to have some amount of meaningful content for every "skill" but it seems like a difficult puzzle to complete with total "fairness" of time and effort spent. I do know that he plans to find ways to complete each LI's story for each of the general paths - however as he explained recently the core flow of the stories actually is quite close within each path, it is almost a "magic trick" to add relatively small branching variations to make the interaction feel like you are dealing with a person with quite different kinks/personality.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Talent tree is just cosmetic and not really useful imo, it'd be the same if you just check number of X points and previous choices before a new choice. But it might feel more similar to an rpg to some in that way

Reactions: ename144

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
Talent tree is just cosmetic and not really useful imo, it'd be the same if you just check number of X points and previous choices before a new choice. But it might feel more similar to an rpg to some in that way
The skill tree is to gate content - want to experience it build points in that area and then you can get the skill when its needed.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The skill tree is to gate content - want to experience it build points in that area and then you can get the skill when its needed.
You can gate content with checking points and previous decisions. For ex if a scene require the first talent (requires X points), you can simply check for X points. Then the second scene you can check for X+Y points and if the first scene happened (without the talent it didn't happen)

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
You can gate content with checking points and previous decisions. For ex if a scene require the first talent (requires X points), you can simply check for X points. Then the second scene you can check for X+Y points and if the first scene happened (without the talent it didn't happen)
Since the level 2 and 3 skills require to have other unrelated skills in that group, you can't level automatically just by paying your skill points. E.g. you have Passive and encounter a check that requires Bottom. You can't just subtract 35 points but you have to chose either Sweetness, Pleasing or Sex Fantasy first and only then you can unlock Bottom.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Since the level 2 and 3 skills require to have other unrelated skills in that group, you can't level automatically just by paying your skill points. E.g. you have Passive and encounter a check that requires Bottom. You can't just subtract 35 points but you have to chose either Sweetness, Pleasing or Sex Fantasy first and only then you can unlock Bottom.
I'm not convinced by this system, irl you don't need "pleasing" skill to become a "bottom", you just need to have made the decision to please. But hey, thankfully the dev made a cheat mode in which you can ignore the talents and their requirements

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I'm not convinced by this system, irl you don't need "pleasing" skill to become a "bottom", you just need to have made the decision to please. But hey, thankfully the dev made a cheat mode in which you can ignore the talents and their requirements
The idea is that you shouldn't unlock high tier skills with a low amount of points, you have to invest more points in that section to indicate that MC has that kind of personality by constantly behaving honest/cunning/sensitive/manly.
E.g. Cheating requires 105 cunning if you ignore the other cunning skills, but because of that restriction, it requires at least 135 points. So MC has to have a cunning personality to be able to cheat, which is more obvious if he chose cunning options to require at least 135 points instead of only being occasionally cunning and only having 105 points.

Reactions: Vleder

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Even if the skill "tree" is somewhat cosmetic (and as you said it can be trivially bypassed using the built in "cheats") it is part of the game and adds to the sense of immersion via a feeling of control, and adds some anticipation in the mind of a new player when they first encounter it. And if you do play the game with a consistent MC personality, it will gate the paths and choices you can make - the intention of the design is to have a "realistic" arc, not to play a "get all the sex scenes in one playthrough" 100% optimal route.
But the "unlimited points" option is there for players who want to see all the sexysex to do so at their leisure.
You can choose to consider it pointless or useless, but it does have meaning if you play the game as it was intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vleder and reww

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
You can't see all sex scenes in 1 PT since there are at least 2 forks with each girl, sub or dom.

And why would not the MC's personality be consistent? Sometimes it's just missing 1 point to unlock a skill. And you can already be a sub to one girl and a dom to another in normal mode.

I get the intention but you can still have personality "disorder" with the gating skills

Reactions: ename144 and eijaxx

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
You can't see all sex scenes in 1 PT since there are at least 2 forks with each girl, sub or dom.
Fair point.

And why would not the MC's personality be consistent? Sometimes it's just missing 1 point to unlock a skill. And you can already be a sub to one girl and a dom to another in normal mode.

I get the intention but you can still have personality "disorder" with the gating skills
I think the only thing that that means is that the points award rate vs cost of skills balance is not finalized. I believe there is a previous post about this from MrSL - the game is still unfinished and the balancing will come toward the end of the process.

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes