NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Just started this game today.
Im wondering should you only buy kink skills when its actually required of you to use it or do it in advance?
For example the very first one, you didnt have it until you bought it, is it the same for everything else?
Not so sure how the Romance and Loyal ones would work, since im not really sure is that even a kink or what
Also do you get locked out of certain characters or it just all depends on your skill kinks
I'm playing in blind mode
You can just save your points and buy the skills the moment you need them.

Reactions: Bruno3

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Ahh nice, just exactly what i thought.
Thanks
In the skills menu there is a help button that explains things with a little more detail.

But yeah, buy skills only before using them. You only need skills for the sex scenes.

After some important choice, the game will let you know if you're locked out of some girl's path. This only happens starting on chapter 3, before that there is no way of getting out of a path. But you might still be able to miss some scenes if you don't have the right skills or enough personally points.

However, chosing not to participate in some sex scene, either because you don't have the skills or don't like those particular kinks/scenes, won't immediately lock you out of a character path. You can keep playing and you'll get more opportunities to get lewd scenes with that girl.

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
Damn what a nice game.
Just finished all chapters, im surprised how i didnt find this game before after all this time.
I had no clue what to play and was just searching for the best rated ones and added my tags that i wanted to see and excluded some and i found this eventually.
You can see how deep and well thought out this game is, the dialogue was actually interesting to read which is a major plus.
Like, this is the exact thing i expect when playing another game, this dev nailed it.
Why limit yourself when you can make it so much better like this.

But after that ending, it left me wondering, during that moment where you choose your "crush" from the 5 options
What does that do in the game exactly, i didnt notice any difference.
Which makes me confused as to which one to pick since not all girls got the option.
Only 2 got it that i remember of, what about the rest, do they get the chance as well in the next update?

Reactions: Vleder

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
But after that ending, it left me wondering, during that moment where you choose your "crush" from the 5 options
What does that do in the game exactly, i didnt notice any difference.
Which makes me confused as to which one to pick since not all girls got the option.
Only 2 got it that i remember of, what about the rest, do they get the chance as well in the next update?
The “crush” part seems to be one of the more confusing parts for players. I need to address that better, somehow, because it keeps coming up. It wasn’t meant to mean much, besides the mc admitting to himself that he has a silly crush on one of the girls.

The only outcome from that is that you can have a cute dialogue option with your favorite girl and gain the “Sweetness” skill for free.

It’s not meant to be a big choice, lock you with some girl, or even influence who you end up with at the end. Crushes come and go. Unfortunately, that doesn’t pass across, at all. Some players (for example in fitgirlbestgirl's review) even think they are already picking who they will end up with: (!!)

So yeah… I'll try to, somehow, make this clearer in the next update. The only thing that the "crush" choice is meant to influence is how the player can get the “Sweetness” skill for free and with which girl he can have that "cute" dialogue option.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There are some kind a startling developments at some points in the story.
Getting drinks seems like a catalyst for some paths, while drugs just bring MC out of reality.
About the falling for one girl or the other, like drooling over them, MC is ready 4 everyone.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Amazing, thanks for sharing this, its so well explained that i understand now.
I'll add a review later to try to get this game some notice hopefully
I feel so grateful, what a nice game and people in this thread lol
Thanks for the kind words, and yes, I also find this little corner of F95 quite cozy :):coffee:

Btw, did you miss some lewd scene you wanted by playing in Blind Mode, or did you always had enough points?

Just to elaborate a bit more on the quote above, that sequence of "have a crush" - "get the chance to do something cute" - "get the sweetness skill for free", is meant to be part of something that I'll call the "lovemeter" mechanic.

The idea is to have something else on top of the personality points that helps give the main character a constant personality, defines which options/paths are available or not, and give consequences to the player's choices.

For example, until Jen's hotel room scene, if you look at the lovemeter menu, you'll see whether you have always been professional with her, if you can't help but get too close to her, if you find her beautiful, etc. That's decided based on several choices and sends you into a different path depending on the result.

I'm still trying to figure out what fun/interesting/different things can be done like this.

It could be allowing or not some paths, opening new choices, the chance of gaining a skill, limiting which skills you can use, losing some skill, defining who your official girlfriend is, checking if you are cheating on her or not, etc.

I'll admit that all of this is still not very clear in my head and I don't know if it'll ever become a fun and interesting mechanic.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There are a bunch of cute character quirks that keep hammering into the interactions with MC.
The carefree hook up enthusiast beach server hammers in her free use nature,
while it is all talk and so little show, MC cannot get it how or why his pal got her,
nor why would she sponge off of them if she is simply fooling around.
The health nut being actually just one exercise junky throwing her weight around,
while her friend using starvation to work on her body gets visible adverse reactions.
All of these are interesting to watch where they are going.

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
I always had enough points and got every scene that i wanted to be part of. I got a little bit of everything, mostly blue ones i think.

It could be allowing or not some paths, opening new choices, the chance of gaining a skill, limiting which skills you can use, losing some skill, defining who your official girlfriend is, checking if you are cheating on her or not, etc.

I'll admit that all of this is still not very clear in my head and I don't know if it'll ever become a fun and interesting mechanic.
Just reading those ideas already sounds so fun, i cannot wait to see what will you come up with, so far its been very interesting, so i have no doubts about your work.
For me, i'd probably enjoy more of a girlfriend experience and everything you can throw at it lol
Be it cheating or not, serious or open relationship
Genuinely, i'm kinda favoring Emma and Olivia at the moment
But i must admit every other character was interesting as well and i wouldnt mind being on their path
I really cant complain lol

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Just to elaborate a bit more on the quote above, that sequence of "have a crush" - "get the chance to do something cute" - "get the sweetness skill for free", is meant to be part of something that I'll call the "lovemeter" mechanic.
The idea is to have something else on top of the personality points that helps give the main character a constant personality, defines which options/paths are available or not, and give consequences to the player's choices. [...] That's decided based on several choices and sends you into a different path depending on the result.
[...]
Personally, I applaud the "lovemeter mechanic" because it's based on logic. It comes from "causes", goes through "options" and "choices" and arrives at "consequences" and "rewards". Combined with the personality points and its quadrants, it does a great job at defining the MC's character and his troubled navigation through that group of friends.
At the very least, it beats the simple "love points" system most games use and tend push players into using walkthroughs because they fear being punished by too high thresholds or forced choices...
More than that, the "lovemeter" and skills system allow great, fun and fluid gameplay with clear options and not exactly any wrong choice.
That's one the things that makes Nothing is Forever stand out. The nature of the gameplay is naturally free and rewarding.

Oh! And another thing I've been wanting to comment on before but always seem to forget. This game has a good soundtrack. I know music has as much different effects as there are different people, moments and places, but I like it. The tracks seem to have been carefully chosen and do a good job at illustrating the different girls and situations.

We don't get any of that very often!

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
How the FUCK do you keep in touch with Emma?
Yup, as answered above, you can't keep in touch with Emma throughout chapter 2, no matter what you do. The mc only starts to talk again with her at the end of chapter 2.

any kink chart of girls?
I tried to design this game in a way that doesn't need extra walkthroughs, tutorials, mods, charts, etc. I'd like the players to have all the information available to make their decisions in-game.

The game shows you in which paths you are, which skills you need for a scene, why you can't select an option, how many points you get per choice, etc.

One thing lacking is information about which skills will be needed for each girl, to be able to better plan what personality points to get.

I'm working on that. The idea is to not spoil everything, just give enough info for the player to be able to make plans in the short/medium term. More info will unlock as the mc spends more time with the girls and understands their kinks better.

The first iteration of that "system" will be available in the next update. You all can then tell me if it's working well or needs adjustments.

But, of course, if anyone in the community wants to do a walkthrough, please be my guest. I'm not against them, I was just hoping they wouldn't be necessary.

onepoopyboi

Feb 25, 2019
This is a great fucking game and femdom route with Deb is fucking hot! I'm also interested to see what happens with Kim, she is giving off dominant vibes as well and Emma's story is going great as well!
Any news about the next update ?

Reactions: reww

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
This is a great fucking game and femdom route with Deb is fucking hot! I'm also interested to see what happens with Kim, she is giving off dominant vibes as well and Emma's story is going great as well!
Any news about the next update ?
Each of the last couple of chapters took me a bit more than 3 months of development time.

As the story goes, chapters tend to have more branching scenes, which increases the development time. But I think I still shouldn't need more than 4 full months of work for chapter 4. Which would put the release date somewhere in May. Probably late May.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Each of the last couple of chapters took me a bit more than 3 months of development time.

As the story goes, chapters tend to have more branching scenes, which increases the development time. But I think I still shouldn't need more than 4 full months of work for chapter 4. Which would put the release date somewhere in May. Probably late May.
I just want to let everyone know just how enormous the work done by Mr SilverLust is. I'm super proud to be able to help him on this project.

Last update had nearly 10000 lines of dialogue. Just proofreading/editing it took me more than 6 weeks - in fact, as a credit to the emotional intensity of the game, there were periods I had to take a break because it was affecting me too much...

MrSilverLust is writing all the dialogue, doing all the coding, and all the image rendering, and all the image postwork... all of it by himself!!! And on top of that, the product itself is the most intelligent-but-still-sexy game I've ever played. :love::love:

Also, due to his commitment to his top-tier patrons, he makes each new release to them before the proofreading is done. This leads to a few amusing word substitutions (the "limp" example :LOL:). Each minor version patch release / next release has the revised dialogue which (in my humble opinion) makes the game text even more natural and fluent, increasing the immersion and enjoyment. So if you are able, consider replaying each chapter after the patch release is out.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 163 Votes