Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOO. [...] ...waaaaaaahh why you do this to me MrSilverLust? whyyyy? :cry:
You're not alone here! There's only so much a guy can take, right?
I mean, who can deny those big doe eyes?
You've been resisting for three updates now. Just let it go.;)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: osanaiko

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Hi Everyone,

Today I’d like to show you a few sneak peeks for the next chapter of “Nothing is Forever”.

Chapter 4 will be all about the cast’s adventures during spring vacation, with everyone spending lots of time together… which means there are a lot of renders to make with many characters. This is a bit tricky to handle.

Many of you might not know, but I actually just have a 4/5 years old laptop with a GTX1060 GPU to render, which is not great. That’s actually the reason for the art style for this game: my laptop would take 10-20x longer to make a single render with the typical photorealistic DAZ renders, which would make it impossible to produce a game of this nature in a reasonable time. Hence this “solution” with a more "cartoonish" style to make it much less demanding on my hardware. I actually ended up liking these graphics quite a lot and I am proud of how the game looks.

However, it’s still quite problematic to have many characters in a scene because my GPU can’t handle big scenes.

In some situations, there’s nothing else to do than to bite the bullet and just do it the hard way: make several renders and then try to composite in post. What looks like this:
p_1.png

Was actually made with:

p_2.png

p_3.png

p_4.png

Besides taking much longer, this is also tricky at times because the shadows don’t align properly betweem all the images and it requires some fine-tuning in photoshop.

(Yes, there are a few body parts clipping the floor, but that’s all hidden in the final image. The important part is that what is seen looks good. Sorry to break the magic for you :p)

In other situations, I’ve tried to use “sprites” and just alternate them in the screen depending on who is talking.

This tremendously speeds up the process of having a scene ready, but it doesn’t look that good. And it can also be quite jarring the sudden change to the rest of the game that never uses this kind of style. Because of that, I’m trying to keep this to a minimum and only for less important sections of the story.

p_5.png

p_6.png

p_7.png

(Also, I’m really not used to do things this way. It’s hard to get the perspective and lighting between the background and characters looking good, and the idea is to not have to spend a lot of time getting it right)

Other technique that’ll be more used in this chapter is the use of comic panels. This is nothing new in the style of this game, so I think it’s less jarring and more aesthetical pleasing to the player than using sprites.

For example, the big campfire scene shown above will be mostly played out through the use of panels like these.

p_8.png

(The classical drinking games will be present in the chapter)

Finally, I’m also using “narrative excuses” to have few scenes with lots of characters and more scenes with just 2-3 characters, which is what my hardware can handle.

p_9.png

(Anyone else missing the good weather?)

The idea is to be as smart as possible in order for all of you to not even noticing that I’m working with a potato PC. And that the release of this chapter doesn’t take longer than usual.

Approximate release date

Speaking of which, given that the chapter 3 took around 3 and half months of development, I’m predicting that chapter 4 will also take around the same amount of time, or even a bit more due to these issues. So, I’m pointing out to late May as the release date. June if there are some delays.

Please plan your subscriptions accordingly. You all know that you can just unsubscribe or reduce your monthly tiers as you like. Also, once you have contributed with at least €20, you will always have access to the newer updates of the game at the same time as tier 1 patrons, even if you unsubscribe. Finally, you can just buy the new chapters at itch when it is released. I’m also considering having just a one-time payment on with grants access to all future updates.

Please consider which method is best for you and how you want to support this project.

Thank you for your support

I’d also like to thank you all for your support, current and old patrons alike. Since the release of chapter 3 I’ve seen a good amount of new supporters, got many very positive reviews in several platforms, and saw the game starting to being recommended in some places. All of that makes me very happy.

I’m not sure if it’ll happen during the development of chapter 5 or 6, but I’m also positive that, sometime later this year, I’ll be able to upgrade my hardware and increase the quality of the updates. I’m looking forward to that, and I hope all of you that supported this game's development can soon see the fruits of your help.

Cheers!

__Salty

Feb 10, 2021
Whatever you did with the background in the scene after this one crashes the game on my android phone, just a black screen and a crash, no prompts of any kind

Screenshot_2022-04-01-14-33-22-388_com.mrsilverlust.nothingisforever.jpg

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
I might have too sub cucking deb´s black boyfriend was probadly one of the most satisfying scenes i have ever played in a vn and i have basically played everything daz and renpy related for the last 4 years, i loved that you turned the scene around from how something like that is typically made he looks like a typical black bull, i want much more of that the mc and deb completely humiliating him i wish the scene was longer though.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Whatever you did with the background in the scene after this one crashes the game on my android phone, just a black screen and a crash, no prompts of any kind
The game has a number of advanced graphics techniques using OpenGL Shading Language shaders which appear to have problems on a small percentage of computers. It seems that your phone is also unable to display scenes with such shaders.

There is a new patch version coming soon that will remove the shaders. Please stand by and give the new patch a try when it arrives.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
The game has a number of advanced graphics techniques using OpenGL Shading Language shaders which appear to have problems on a small percentage of computers. It seems that your phone is also unable to display scenes with such shaders.
Those shaders weren't supported by the android version, that's not cause of the crash. My guess is that it just went over the phones memory. I changed that part in the newest android version (and a couple more) to try to make it less resorce intensive and, hopefully, that fixes the issues. Please check the newest download version .

I might have too sub cucking deb´s black boyfriend was probadly one of the most satisfying scenes i have ever played in a vn and i have basically played everything daz and renpy related for the last 4 years, i loved that you turned the scene around from how something like that is typically made he looks like a typical black bull, i want much more of that the mc and deb completely humiliating him i wish the scene was longer though.
The problem with a game like mine, that wants to delve in a lot of kinks, is that it won’t focus in any of them. Being a bull for Deb in front of Carl, for example, is not something that’s planned to happen many more times, if at all. There’ll be more netori content ahead, but it won’t necessarily be like that.

I wanted to make this clear because people might end up disappointed expecting more of that. I understand that, when you find a kink you really like in a game, it’d be awesome if the game focused on that. Like, in this case, a game where the MC is a bull and humiliates other men while fucking their girls. But that’s not the case here.

EDIT: I've also reported the tread to update the game with the .

Last edited:
Reactions: __Salty

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Regarding your latest Patreon post, MrSilverLust, the shaders did or rather do work mighty fine on Linux. As I've yet to look at the code of kinetic-text-tags, will those stay?

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Regarding your latest Patreon post, MrSilverLust, the shaders did or rather do work mighty fine on Linux. As I've yet to look at the code of kinetic-text-tags, will those stay?
Yes, that stays. Only that somewhat janky, mini 3D section during the panic attack on chapter 1, and the shadows during the scene with Jen at the hotel room went away. The parts were the personality voices talk will also be slightly different. But I tried that they kept the same eerie feeling and I think it works.

In 99% of the game, no one will notice a difference. I did like those 1% of special effects, but I think it was causing too much trouble because I had to switch them off for Mac and Android and always change that between versions. It didn't help that I don't have a mac or linux to test if everything was working well or not.

Reactions: Hordragg

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Nothing Is Forever [v0.3.2] [MrSilverLust] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 761 MB / 387 MB - Nothing_is_Forever-0.3.2-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 728 MB / 352 MB - Nothing_is_Forever-0.3.2-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.11-old(v2) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021

Nothing is Forever patch 0.3.2

Changelog:

• Fix of a couple bugs and slightly improvement of performance of android version
  • Extensive proofreading of chapter 3
  • Introduction of a “hint menu” with information about future skills needed for each girl
  • More elaborated “lovemeter” menu
  • Removal of a couple of useless game mechanics/info
  • Removal of special shader effects
Download (whole game):
// //

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
Glad i stumbled across this AVN. I was honestly surprised by the amount of content in it. For example, when i reached the end of chapter 1 i legitimately thought for some reason it'd be the end of chapter 3...
The game also has an interesting kink choice system attached to it with something for basically everybody in it.
Lots of choices and decisions in general who're all in some way tight to that system..pretty fun & interesting.
Although the best part for me so far, or should i say what surprised me the most was actually the writing.
Conversations have a nice, natural feel to them esp the light conversations are nicely written imo. Everything has a nice flow to it.

In my playthrough so far (up until early chapter 3) i chose the nice guy, gimme femdom route, and that was going well and all despite me rejecting the deb/threesome route until i met Kim...The "evil", manipulative bitch..
She's just so different from the rest of the cast i love it (Blackmail me baby, sue my ass!, put me in jail!, make me a homeless person) :p. But i don't know if i can actually follow that route with me being "mr. righteous" and all...
We'll see i guess..As of now it looks like i'd have to make a complete 180 from what i've been doing so far =\
Anyways..great, fun game.
Let's hope some more people will check out this little gem of an AVN =)

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Glad i stumbled across this AVN. I was honestly surprised by the amount of content in it. For example, when i reached the end of chapter 1 i legitimately thought for some reason it'd be the end of chapter 3...
The game also has an interesting kink choice system attached to it with something for basically everybody in it.
Lots of choices and decisions in general who're all in some way tight to that system..pretty fun & interesting.
Although the best part for me so far, or should i say what surprised me the most was actually the writing.
Conversations have a nice, natural feel to them esp the light conversations are nicely written imo. Everything has a nice flow to it.

In my playthrough so far (up until early chapter 3) i chose the nice guy, gimme femdom route, and that was going well and all despite me rejecting the deb/threesome route until i met Kim...The "evil", manipulative bitch..
She's just so different from the rest of the cast i love it (Blackmail me baby, sue my ass!, put me in jail!, make me a homeless person) :p. But i don't know if i can actually follow that route with me being "mr. righteous" and all...
We'll see i guess..As of now it looks like i'd have to make a complete 180 from what i've been doing so far =\
Anyways..great, fun game.
Let's hope some more people will check out this little gem of an AVN =)
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you're liking it.

Funnily enough, I just wrote a big ass text about my thoughts on a possible blackmail plot, here, in case you want to read it. Mind you, it is somewhat spoilerish for some possible future content.

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you're liking it.

Funnily enough, I just wrote a big ass text about my thoughts on a possible blackmail plot, here, in case you want to read it. Mind you, it is somewhat spoilerish for some possible future content.
Yeah, so i do agree with everything you wrote.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whatever it'll turn out to be with Kim in the end i'm sure it'll be good just like the rest of the story =)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kripke and osanaiko
Dec 31, 2019
Great game, really liked the story and all the girls with their different kinks. The choice and skill system is really good too, something I haven't seen in these games before, it's very well done and gives more room to shape the MCs personality the way I want.

I like femdom that is not too heavy and in this game it's exactly the way I like, the first scene with Deb was great. Though I have a question about her: I'm not into feet stuff so I avoided the second scene with her, will I lock myself out of future Deb scenes with this choice or am I still fine? Don't want to miss other scenes with her!

The renders look great too, I like the style and really liked all the girls too, some very good scenes with different fetishes. Definitely one of my favorite games now, looking forward for the next updates!

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Great game, really liked the story and all the girls with their different kinks. The choice and skill system is really good too, something I haven't seen in these games before, it's very well done and gives more room to shape the MCs personality the way I want.

I like femdom that is not too heavy and in this game it's exactly the way I like, the first scene with Deb was great. Though I have a question about her: I'm not into feet stuff so I avoided the second scene with her, will I lock myself out of future Deb scenes with this choice or am I still fine? Don't want to miss other scenes with her!

The renders look great too, I like the style and really liked all the girls too, some very good scenes with different fetishes. Definitely one of my favorite games now, looking forward for the next updates!
my advice, if you are a true sub, you should be aware that you are there for her pleasure, not yours, so even if you are not too into feet, you should focus on pleasing your mistress. I know Im not a feet fan, but I wanted to please Deb so I obliged...

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
my advice, if you are a true sub, you should be aware that you are there for her pleasure, not yours, so even if you are not too into feet, you should focus on pleasing your mistress. I know Im not a feet fan, but I wanted to please Deb so I obliged...
That's the right spirit!!! (y)

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
You aren't locked away of any content. I understand that some kinks aren't for everyone so I'll make, as much as possible, all scenes optional without blocking any player from a LI.

There might be a time where, if you keep rejecting an LI over and over, your "relationship" ends. In such cases, you'll see a notification saying that your path with her is updated, and you'll be able to see in the profile menu that you aren't in her path anymore. When in doubt, check the profile menu. I try to add a lot of info there so the player always knows what is the status with each girl.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
This has nice renders and is nicely written. I confess though, that I just played through the entire game (so far) and didn't manage to have a single sexual encounter. There was something "off" about every possible relationship that led me to saying no. That isn't meant as a criticism of the game, just an observation, and probably says more about me.

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes