SilentMobius

Apr 1, 2020
Very interesting. Mechanics are unusual but not complex to the point that you feel the need for a walkthrough wtiting is good enough that each character feels unique. Models are good but I do sometimes find myself having to go to the info screen to work out who is who as sometimes some of the characters look very similar.

Very interesting selection of music, seems to work very well, that's a difficult thing to to.

I'm kinda annoyed that the character I'd normally go for (Jen) requires another egregious violation of medical ethics, that doesn't feel like good dom behaviour, but it is what it is.

Reactions: osanaiko

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Very interesting. Mechanics are unusual but not complex to the point that you feel the need for a walkthrough wtiting is good enough that each character feels unique. Models are good but I do sometimes find myself having to go to the info screen to work out who is who as sometimes some of the characters look very similar.

Very interesting selection of music, seems to work very well, that's a difficult thing to to.

I'm kinda annoyed that the character I'd normally go for (Jen) requires another egregious violation of medical ethics, that doesn't feel like good dom behaviour, but it is what it is.
Yeah I don't want to go for Jen for the exact same reason.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I like the dominant Deb!:love:
I'm looking forward to developing the relationship between the MC and the dominant Deb!
I hope (and look forward to) that the MC and dominant Deb live together as a couple!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
This may have been answered elsewhere, but I took a stab at it...

I was curious about this scene as well and popped open the code to take a look. The Dev has stated he uses arrays more than booleans, so no True/False with this choice. In the game we're asked about a crush on her but there is no option currently in the game that would fork that scene into something more (eg, the MC skinny dipping with Olivia). So, at least for now, it's a dead end. A bit odd, but oh well. Also, just to back it up, I looked at the images for that chapter and there's not any for the MC with Olivia other than what's shown in that scene.
I believe that all the girls are going to get some time in the sun. Up to chapter 4, Olivia did not get much screen time, but now we have the scene with her on the docks, which I found to be perhaps the most deep and emotional writing so far.
I trust that MrSilverLust is going to leave no loose ends, and that if Olivia was a choice for a crush it means that she will be available as a potential love interest. But not until a later chapter...

Reactions: Vleder
Jun 2, 2022
I'm kinda annoyed that the character I'd normally go for (Jen) requires another egregious violation of medical ethics
It annoyed me too at first but then I realized it's a sign of what a great job MrSilverLust has done of motiving both desire for Jen and desire for MC to not keep fucking up his life. The MC can't have both and you're annoyed because you can't have both, either. You're experiencing that realistic conflict between desires--a choice that matters.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
This may have been answered elsewhere, but I took a stab at it...

I was curious about this scene as well and popped open the code to take a look. The Dev has stated he uses arrays more than booleans, so no True/False with this choice. In the game we're asked about a crush on her but there is no option currently in the game that would fork that scene into something more (eg, the MC skinny dipping with Olivia). So, at least for now, it's a dead end. A bit odd, but oh well. Also, just to back it up, I looked at the images for that chapter and there's not any for the MC with Olivia other than what's shown in that scene.
So is this an oversight? Because I think most everyone still remember on Ch.2 we can't actually choose Olivia. And I think mrsilverlust is too sharp for that type of error.

I just checked the patreon number for this again, and it's almost at 250 patrons. Well deserved! So happy for the increase in patreon number compared to before last chapter release.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
So is this an oversight? Because I think most everyone still remember on Ch.2 we can't actually choose Olivia. And I think mrsilverlust is too sharp for that type of error.

I just checked the patreon number for this again, and it's almost at 250 patrons. Well deserved! So happy for the increase in patreon number compared to before last chapter release.
Oversight? That's a question for the dev. I was attempting to clarify the choices for myself and the person asking the question. In most games I would play on here and the way the dialog is structured, it would be likely that there would have been a choice there. But this isn't most games.

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
Oversight? That's a question for the dev. I was attempting to clarify the choices for myself and the person asking the question. In most games I would play on here and the way the dialog is structured, it would be likely that there would have been a choice there. But this isn't most games.
I don't know the specific chapter (definitely after ch 1) but there was a dinner scene with Deb, Carl, and Olivia. You take a hit of pot, go on a bad trip, and your inner demon asks you if you even like any of the women in your life. Olivia is one of the choices so I'm assuming that's how you get the crush.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I don't know the specific chapter (definitely after ch 1) but there was a dinner scene with Deb, Carl, and Olivia. You take a hit of pot, go on a bad trip, and your inner demon asks you if you even like any of the women in your life. Olivia is one of the choices so I'm assuming that's how you get the crush.
Oh you're right! Kim was the one that's not there, not Olivia. I totally misremembered.

slave321

Apr 4, 2020
hello guys i just download the 0.4.1 version i extracted and the game wont open i tried as administrator as well and nothing it wont open it wont do anythign

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
hello guys i just download the 0.4.1 version i extracted and the game wont open i tried as administrator as well and nothing it wont open it wont do anythign
Do you happen to have a windows 32-bit OS? It's the only thing I can think of. Do other renpy games work just fine for you?

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
So I guess I'm team Brianna. Didn't see that coming. She might only be up for a ONS but I think her relationship with MC is more than that. Still I could see myself just not picking anyone, and seeing how that therapist career goes. Also I have a sneaking suspicion the ex-gf is going to show up very soon.
Great write-up! I agree with a lot of what you said, and I'm also leaning towards Bri being the best choice for the MC if we want him to fight off his demons and live a happy life. She's a really good person, they have a great vibe together, and there isn't the same level of moral hazard and emotional baggage with her that you get with a lot of the other characters. Oh, and did I mention she's smoking hot, too? Like you, I've also considered rejecting all the LIs -- in fact, I still might do that in another playthrough one day. The voices in the MC's head will definitely not be happy with that move, but there are compelling reasons to not pursue every single woman in the game. Even Bri is someone the MC works with. Olivia also seems to me like potentially the second best choice, but choosing her could very well involve damaging your relationship with your best friend so that's not something I'd do lightly.

On the other hand, I'd like to encourage you to play any LI's route who you are at least a little bit interested in. I'm not a completionist when it comes to VNs normally (choices matter!), but Nothing is Forever is so well-written I've at least started a route with every single LI. This includes characters who I used to think I would never pursue under any circumstances like Emma and Kim. I absolutely still think it's a huge mistake for the MC to get involved with either one of those ladies, but VNs are a safe place to make mistakes. It can be very interesting to explore the paths that are better not taken. To endure Kim, I have to adopt a very specific mindset for my MC: he has to be nihilistic and deeply bitter over his friends' perceived betrayal. He has to prefer his rage and his insanity to emotional connection. It can be rough going at times -- sometimes I've even had to stop in order to replay Lea's route which to me is the sweetest and most romantic of the paths so far just for the sake of my emotional health -- but overall I've found it to be a rewarding and revealing experience.

I think in real life there's no way I'd go for Emma, Kim, or Deb. Emma puts the MC through the emotional wringer constantly and often seems to hate and resent him just as much if not more than she loves or cares for him. Their relationship could be described as toxic or even abusive. But our MC absolutely can't get her out of his head. Even in my least Emma-oriented playthrough, he still simps for her a lot and wants to work with her which to me is the most insane idea he's ever come up with. You have this great job which is going really well and you want to bring in someone who can't stop fighting with you in a vociferous and disruptive way. What could possibly go wrong? We'll be finding out soon I guess. Kim is an absolutely horrible person who makes every situation and life she touches worse. Deb's a bit different because I do like her as a person, but she and Carl are clearly still in love despite their issues. Their relationship may be destined for failure, but I'd rather it play out without my involvement. They're both friends.

In real life, I think I might still go for Jen or Lea despite the dangers. That would be choosing passion over prudence and love over your career. I could definitely do that, and either of those girls would be worth the sacrifice. The Jen situation is admittedly more troubling to me because she seems more vulnerable than Lea. She came to us in a time of need and crisis. Are we taking advantage of her? Does being the person she wants us to be mean we can't be the person she actually needs us to be? Is she going to end up in a worse place mentally because of our actions? Lea does work for us and sees the MC as an authority figure. She is naive and inexperienced. Even so, their relationship develops very naturally and both parties seem to grow to genuinely care for the other. There's moral hazard here, but no actual compulsion or misuse of authority in my view.

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
Ok so first time playing this one and so far i was already impressed with the overall writing and the ability to really shape your own character through the many choices, personality traits and skill system. As well as the sheer amount of variables in the dialogue the game is tracking combined with the general attention to details is quite astounding, even the chess games are enjoyable to watch! But ok, everything so far seemed very... what's word i'm looking for here... plain, nice, normal? I dunno, i just thought maybe the sex scenes are gonna be a bit vanilla and boring but then came the first scene with Emma and what can i say?

bob-ross-very-good.gif

Fuck me that was hot and i tip my hat to you MrSilverLust! It's been a long, long time since i sat on the edge of my seat watching a scene in a VN, guess i've played so many now the excitement i use to have has faded a bit. And the best part? I still have 3 more chapters to go :D

Seriously i can't believe i left this game on the sidelines for so long, i think maybe the cel shaded art style kinda put me off but whatever, at this rate the game is well on it's way to get a spot among my favorites. Awesome job dev and i can't wait to dive back in and see what more is to come!

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
Amazing game! What a nice discovery it has been.
On the visual aspect of it I have mixed feelings, on one hand I appreciate the composition, on the other the chosen filter isn't really good IMO.
Character design could have also been a bit better, but it's good enough. Posing is still very stiff but it's just a matter of getting better with DAZ, I guess, I know nothing about it.
The story is interesting and it was really immersive for me, it resonates a lot with my own experience in many ways.
Dialogues feel natural and I appreciated the choice of having them fading away. Characters are all interesting and well fleshed out.
There are a lot of interesting kinks to explore and I hope they will be flashed out more in the future, lewd stuff is still on the scarce side but there is a ton of content so far.

Keep up the good work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Amazing game! What a nice discovery it has been.
On the visual aspect of it I have mixed feelings, on one hand I appreciate the composition, on the other the chosen filter isn't really good IMO.
Character design could have also been a bit better, but it's good enough. Posing is still very stiff but it's just a matter of getting better with DAZ, I guess, I know nothing about it.
The story is interesting and it was really immersive for me, it resonates a lot with my own experience in many ways.
Dialogues feel natural and I appreciated the choice of having them fading away. Characters are all interesting and well fleshed out.
There are a lot of interesting kinks to explore and I hope they will be flashed out more in the future, lewd stuff is still on the scarce side but there is a ton of content so far.

Keep up the good work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can pursue her if you get the misogynist perk as well. Just need to win the cards

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Can anybody confirm that so far the only way to pursue Emma as your crush is to enjoy belittlement? In my playthrough I was on the dominant side and I haven't seen any option locked by the crush thing
There are two things here: one is gameplaywise, where the girls that could be chosen as a crush on chapter 2 have an extra option at some point where the mc can say something sweet to them and earn the sweetness skill for free. Besides that, there aren't yet more consequences for picking a girl as a crush on chapter 2.

And yes, you're correct, so far that option for Emma is only available in the "mc submissive" path. If the MC is dominant, that choice is not available yet. I just didn't find a good place for it.

The other thing is storywise. Emma is pursuable as a romantic interest wether the mc is dominant or submissive.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Will Deb have only one path?
Depends on what you call path. There will be more scenes with her even if the MC is not submissive. Just don't expect that to lead to a "happy ever after" ending.

please will anyone tell me how to setup use this mod? with game files
Download and extract the mod. You'll see a folder called "game". Open it and copy the .rpy files inside.

Open the game folder. You'll see a folder called "game" (among others) inside. Open it and paste the files copied in the step before.

Be aware that any 3rd party mods might break the game or create bugs.

• Love
Reactions: osanaiko and sidsan
4.60 star(s) 163 Votes