EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I liked this one from the very first version. Personally I feel it keeps getting better.
There is one major, like mega super duper negative though - if I've understood certain comments and replies correctly.
Getting anywhere fun and happy with Deb seems to only be possible if you're a sub? That for ME, is just a major blow. Deb is honestly my #1 gal. But there's no effing way I'll even imagine being a sub, even if it's "just a game" :D (respect to those that DO enjoy it) It just aint my style.
Now if I could make Deb my sub instead (if we really must have sub involved) then I might be happier lol

But here's hoping I got all of this completely wrong and Deb is totally romanceable and a candidate for a 'happy ever after-ending' without "me" being a sub. Pwetty plis my good MrSilverLust :cry:
I totally understand how you feel, but I wonder if a happy and romantic non-sub route with Deb would hurt the realism of their relationship. BDSM is more a lifestyle than a kink for many people, and Deb has likely viewed her sexuality through a dominance and submission lens for a long time. It's not easy and perhaps not even possible to change something that fundamental about your self no matter how strong your will. I like the romantic notion of two people being so in love that they can transcend their fetishes just to be together, but I fear it might undermine the game's concept if kinks are too easy to "overcome."

I think on Lea's route her fetish has already been transcended, and it's probably the best path for a true romantic. She's not the character I was initially the most drawn to, but her route is my favorite in the game to play so far. In Emma's case, I think the MC and her absolutely need to overcome the animosity that has fueled their sexual encounters so far if they are ever to have any kind of healthy, non-toxic relationship in the long run. With Deb, though, I wouldn't say the bull path has particularly invoked many romantic feelings to this point. To me, MC and Deb feel like friends who have fun together but aren't in love on that route. Indeed, I think she'd be more likely to attempt to drop BDSM for Carl than the MC. Her experience of being frustrated with her relationship with Carl because their sexual preferences don't perfectly match up would also probably make her very reluctant to enter another relationship with similar dynamics.

Like you, I'd probably love a romantic and non-BDSM route with Deb in practice, but I think it might come across as pandering to the audience and potentially even compromise MrSilverLust's artistic vision and the game's intended character progression. I'm perfectly willing to be surprised, though.

Last edited:

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
Yeah, that actually makes sense. Like Deb didnt get her kinks all of a sudden. This is part of her nature, for god knows how many years. But one can hope and dream, that she would wake up one day and realize, "fuck, I love 'MC', screw the whole dominate/sub lifestyle". Obviously made and written better than I just did (i'm not a dev nor author lol).
One can dream..at least. In a(/my) perfect world there would be at least some semi-hidden path/route with her later on where this 'kink' isnt a factor.
Again, one can dream eh :)

Reactions: EndlessNights

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Glad you gave it a second chance. One thing though, since you mentioned you have your tags and excludes while searching for games, I would highly encourage you to drop the excluded tags all together, the reason is because, let's say you really hate futa/trans content, so you decide to hide all games with the futa/trans tag, sure you won't see anything with those things, but you could end up missing a lot of great games that have futa/trans content as an optional side thing that can be easily avoided.
Good advice, but just now I have Trainer (never found any game that I like with trainer) and Japanes games (same here) as Excludes. I had more before but realised as you mentioned that I did miss games. So even if I really dislike NTR I haven't excluded that now. I read and see if it's avoidable. I even found games with a threesome (MFF), so totally wrong, with that tag and that I really don't mind. :ROFLMAO:

realjitter

Jun 21, 2021
But one can hope and dream, that she would wake up one day and realize, "fuck, I love 'MC', screw the whole dominate/sub lifestyle".
What makes you think that a dom/sub relationship can't be based on love?. You also seem to overlook the small, little fact that the MC is submissive, at least in the bedroom for now, on that route. So are they supposed to drop their sexual kinks for the sake of having a vanilla relationship that they both, in storyline, don't want?. I don't understand. I do understand that you don't like femdom, which is fair, but in my mind Deb is the most "kink heavy" character out of all of them since she's showing strong signs of what people would refer to as being a Mistress. Domination and submission is just a part of who she is. It's not just a phase or a fluke or something.... It's different with her than with all the other characters who're "just" into general kinkplay so far.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah, that actually makes sense. Like Deb didnt get her kinks all of a sudden. This is part of her nature, for god knows how many years. But one can hope and dream, that she would wake up one day and realize, "fuck, I love 'MC', screw the whole dominate/sub lifestyle". Obviously made and written better than I just did (i'm not a dev nor author lol).
One can dream..at least. In a(/my) perfect world there would be at least some semi-hidden path/route with her later on where this 'kink' isnt a factor.
Again, one can dream eh :)
She already loves Carl though, the only issues they have are in the bedroom. It wouldn't make much sense for her to choose a non-submissive MC over him.

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
Just started and really liking the game so far. I know there will no be a Harem route, but is there any consequence to dating more that one LI at this point? Or I can have fun with all the girls until is time to make a choice for a single LI?

Reactions: darlic

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Just started and really liking the game so far. I know there will no be a Harem route, but is there any consequence to dating more that one LI at this point? Or I can have fun with all the girls until is time to make a choice for a single LI?
I think i had fun with every girl so far, to what extend though, i cant say for sure. Last update there was nothing with Deb (i think thats the dominant one), but i think i closed her route with a decision i made. So i would say it is up to now free for all, pls correct me if i am wrong.

Reactions: riichidesu

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
I think i had fun with every girl so far, to what extend though, i cant say for sure. Last update there was nothing with Deb (i think thats the dominant one), but i think i closed her route with a decision i made. So i would say it is up to now free for all, pls correct me if i am wrong.
The only mild consequence I've seen so far for messing with almost everyone is Lea developing feelings for the MC and getting a bit upset when hearing about his adventures with Emma. But I'm pretty sure she'll get over that (I even believe the dev has confirmed that on here, but not 100% sure about that).

noway1

Nov 27, 2019
I wish that Bri get's dumped and less screen time so that the game will focus on the interesting characters instead of hopeless tries to fix Bri in the future.
Just let her decide to make a trip around the world an leave the group. Problem solved.

Reactions: SplashCC

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
I wish that Bri get's dumped and less screen time so that the game will focus on the interesting characters instead of hopeless tries to fix Bri in the future.
Just let her decide to make a trip around the world an leave the group. Problem solved.
Bri is one of my favorites, so I hope she gets more screentime to increase her popularity

Crazonian1

Apr 2, 2022
This is a pretty tough Vn so far in terms of girl options. If you're trying to be a stand-up MC, that pretty much takes Jen and Olivia off the table (cause she's dating your best friend). Also, Kim is a real cunt, and Emma almost always gets in an argument with MC every time they talk, any romantic relationship they had would be pretty contentious. Deb is unfortunately in love with Carl and a Dom to boot, and Bri is a workaholic. That basically leaves Lea. She's alright, i'm enjoying exploring her kink, but i kinda wish a few of the other girls were a bit more viable. Oh well, that's just like real life i guess haha.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
This is a pretty tough Vn so far in terms of girl options. If you're trying to be a stand-up MC, that pretty much takes Jen and Olivia off the table (cause she's dating your best friend). Also, Kim is a real cunt, and Emma almost always gets in an argument with MC every time they talk, any romantic relationship they had would be pretty contentious. Deb is unfortunately in love with Carl and a Dom to boot, and Bri is a workaholic. That basically leaves Lea. She's alright, i'm enjoying exploring her kink, but i kinda wish a few of the other girls were a bit more viable. Oh well, that's just like real life i guess haha.
I've said this before, but there are absolutely valid reasons not to choose every single LI just like the ones you've mentioned. Lea included: we might be put off by her naivete and/or the power imbalance in the relationship, for instance. I don't see this as a flaw in the game. It just makes it more realistic. Our real life love interests don't tick every box either, and every relationship I've been in has brought me some grief along with the joy. Don't stop yourself from loving flawed, imperfect people. That's just part of being human.

Now let's see if we can pour through the clues and find the hidden LI Crazonian1 might be overlooking. This is a lot like finding characters' hidden kinks in the game, but much less exciting. One line immediately leaped out at me as a possibly important clue:

and Bri is a workaholic.
I'm just not sure Bri being a workaholic is quite as big a relationship red flag as Emma hating our character's guts and probably getting us fired in the next update or Deb preferring another dude to the MC. Imagine telling a friend, "I almost asked out this beautiful, intelligent, caring, and funny woman, but then I found out she works too hard trying to save people's lives. Boy, did I dodge a bullet there." I don't mean to trivialize being a workaholic because that definitely is something that can place a toll on any relationship. And there's no doubt dating a doctor in particular brings its own set of challenges with the long hours and intense stress involved. In Bri's case, though, she totally knows she works too hard and she regrets the things she feels she's missed out on. I don't see her as someone who is necessarily always going to be a workaholic and who will never be able to make time to have a fulfilling personal life. We could perhaps even help her add some much-needed balance to her life and overcome her FOMO which sounds like a pretty positive outcome to me.

Join us.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
"I almost asked out this beautiful, intelligent, caring, and funny woman, but then I found out she works too hard trying to save people's lives. Boy, did I dodge a bullet there."
Haha, yeah sounds dumb.

Apart from that, i always believe it to be a bit silly if someone self-inserts into a MC which has an actual characterization.
MyMC does a lot of stuff which I as a real person wouldn't do in real life, and that is actually the charm of any game with a pre-defined Character played from a third person view. It has its own story shaped by me, but is inevitably told to me by its author.
On the other hand would be for instance a highly customizable avatar in a MMORPG or a shooter played mainly in POV. Those would be a representation of my "real me", because their autonomous agency is near zero percent. They have no thoughts of their own, they can't take actions on their own, and if i type '/salute' they do.

No, in games like 'Nothing is forever' the MC isn't my avatar who enables me to take part in a game world, it (the MC) is my puppet and i am his puppetmaster. Instead of saying "I did Maraudon last night and finally X dropped for me" i would usually refer to those characters like "In my canon playthrough MyMC friendzoned Olivia, dropped Deb and fucked all others". Of course i would puppeteer MyMC according to my preferences, so with time and if the game allows it (the better ones do), it would shape into a character who resembles me in parts.

The same stands true with the Ladies: i would very, very, very rarely refer to them as my 'Love Interests', but rather call them my favourites. They gain my favour with their looks, their characterization and their kinks (if i happen to like them) and of course a good written character is also able to invoke several emotions in me, as they should. Of course i hate Joffrey Baratheon and i do suffer with Sansa Stark, i want to see nudes and hot action with her, i am involved, but calling her my 'Love' is a bit creepy and lets be honest: It is a stalker who can't draw this line. Don't be that guy.

I really think if you keep your distance where distance is due, you can enjoy those games on a better level, because you don't need to get infuriated if your puppet and the ladies, whose strings are pulled in fact to a far greater degree by its author, do stuff you wouldn't, or you prefer they wouldn't.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Don't remember quite how I stumbled across this one, but I just wrapped up my first playthrough of it. I'm both impresssed and mildly disappointed, and I'm pretty sure that's a good thing

Like the story/narrative overall.
Interesting that the MC is clearly showing signs of psychological fatigue, and is probably nearing a massive breakdown of some form.
The different characters are pretty cool too, for the most part.
I'm gonna give it a go again in a few more days probably to see some of the other routes, but for my first run I friendzoned everyone (well except Kim who I basically just told to fuck off), and it was still a pretty decent read aside from a few scattered moments where the game seemed like it was *really* trying a little too hard to make you go after one of the gals.

Do have to mention I'm not a fan of the stat points to unlock perks thing though. Story would still be just as good without it, and currently the only purpose it serves is blocking off choices/content becauae of some arbitrary number system. Just seems dumb to me. If the choices are there, let the player make them. No need to play gatekeeper like that.

Anywho.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All that said, it may come off across like I'm bitching, but I'm really not.
Definitely didn't get what I was looking for here, but I still managed to enjoy the story somehow.
That's some pretty decent writing.

Edit: Holy typos Batman!

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 163 Votes