osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Checking out recent reviews of this masterpiece and saw something so horrible, so disgusting, that just reading it made my blood run cold...

1658282472051.png

We need to find this person, and stage an intervention before they harm themselves further... :p

• Haha
Reactions: EndlessNights

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
I saw that the game when playing for 1st time it shows everything to the player to help but then i saw that doing a new we have 2 modes (one is easy mode and the other is like a normal avn). is it better to play the blind mode or the normal mode?

Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I saw that the game when playing for 1st time it shows everything to the player to help but then i saw that doing a new we have 2 modes (one is easy mode and the other is like a normal avn). is it better to play the blind mode or the normal mode?
It depends on what you want from the game.

If you want the true immersion experience, play Blind mode.
If you want some level of thinking about how you want to shape your MC, choose normal mode.
If you want to be fairly sure you will not lock yourself out of any content, play relaxed mode.

1658286522838.png

Blind mode: if you truly want to roleplay and explore the outcome you would get by making choices without knowing the explicit consequences.

Normal mode: Most people should play this way

Relax mode: If you are stressed about somehow missing out on some content due to not having enough points.

Cheat: "I just wanna see everything without even thinking about it."

camube

Jun 4, 2022
especially femdom to my taste (not the ultra agressive ones where they treat men as shit without real consent)
Like Karlsson's gambit?

Yeah the femdom in this game is both well-written as well as funny (a positive)

Apr 28, 2020
The very first version of “Nothing is Forever” had a gallery screen with two more “cards” just containing question marks. The scripts also already had characters codes for someone named Paige and Alex. At the time, I didn’t know if they’d be romanceable characters or not, but I left the door open.

If they were to be added, I had a plot idea for Alex that would happen in the “holyday chapter”. I won’t say it because I might still use it in some future project, but the main thing is that she would be a trans character. While starting working on chapter 4, I quickly realized that there was no space for her and ruled that idea out.

Any Paige plot is also almost ruled out by me at this point, but not 100%. It’s just too difficult to find enough screen time for everyone. There are already some girls in desperate need of more of that, I’m not sure that adding more LIs would be a good thing. And I don’t like that much what other games do with “side girls”, where they are just there to provide some easy sex scenes. If I’m introducing more girls with lewd scenes, they’d have to be developed properly.

But yeah, because they’d be so different from all the others, Paige (body type), Professor Cunningham (age), or a trans-girl, they would definitely bring different things to the table. On the other hand, I also like the idea that there are girls in the world that don’t throw themselves at the MC.
There are quite a lot of different characters in the current game, and I will be glad to see other character options in the next game, such as paige and a trans girl. Really surprised you wanted to add a trans girl to the game, but I'm interested, I also hope the next game will have as much femdom content, but while we enjoy the current game, it will obviously have a lot more interesting things with existing characters. And the secondary characters would really be superfluous, with little disclosure and a waste of time.

Reactions: Mister_M

van321

Jan 7, 2021
If I had anything to suggest, it would be balancing out the Sensitive tree more evenly between romantic and submissive options in game. As is, it serves the femdom kink almost exclusively, but there isn't really any way (currently) in the game to roleplay a hopeless romantic (Sensitive + Honorable).

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
I’m not familiar with save editors. Does it just let you change the variables to True or False? If so, I’m afraid that it might not be possible to do what you want. The thing is, I don’t use normal flags as variables. I have an array (mc_choices) that, after every choice, I add a string to. Then, I can just check if the string is in the array or not to check for previous choices. If you can change variables at will, you want to add the strings "ch2_weedtrip_jen", "ch2_weedtrip_deb", "ch2_weedtrip_emma", "ch2_weedtrip_lea" and "ch2_weedtrip_liv" to the "mc_choices2 array.

If you can edit the code of the game directly, you can also use the command $ option("ch2_weedtrip_deb") to add each of the strings mentioned above to the array.
Hi, I'm not a big renpy (or python for that matter) expert, but if I try running the command you suggested in the console, it just returns "None", how can I add it to the mc_choices array?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi, I'm not a big renpy (or python for that matter) expert, but if I try running the command you suggested in the console, it just returns "None", how can I add it to the mc_choices array?
The `option` method does not have a return value. So the debug console prints "none" after you call the method.
You can output the value of a variable by just entering the name in the console.
So if you check the content of the `mc_choices` array before and after calling the option method, it will show the added value.

1658403697771.png

Reactions: JakoDel

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
The `option` method does not have a return value. So the debug console prints "none" after you call the method.
You can output the value of a variable by just entering the name in the console.
So if you check the content of the `mc_choices` array before and after calling the option method, it will show the added value.

View attachment 1937301
How dumb of me to not notice it before. Thanks a lot.

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
If I had anything to suggest, it would be balancing out the Sensitive tree more evenly between romantic and submissive options in game. As is, it serves the femdom kink almost exclusively, but there isn't really any way (currently) in the game to roleplay a hopeless romantic (Sensitive + Honorable).
I've been playing this VN for about 2 weeks now (on and off). I think I understand what you mean, but I think it may be too early to judge. There are 2-3 potential LIs that have hardly been developed so far, and I could easily see two of them (the less bitchy ones) fulfilling that particular niche. It also wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the LIs paths were non linear; starting on one "extreme" and then getting to know them much better and their real identities and needs would reflect that. We will see, we will see...

van321

Jan 7, 2021
I've been playing this VN for about 2 weeks now (on and off). I think I understand what you mean, but I think it may be too early to judge. There are 2-3 potential LIs that have hardly been developed so far, and I could easily see two of them (the less bitchy ones) fulfilling that particular niche. It also wouldn't surprise me if one or two of the LIs paths were non linear; starting on one "extreme" and then getting to know them much better and their real identities and needs would reflect that. We will see, we will see...
I dunno, I kinda want a kindling romance with the bitchy one :KEK:. Right now my MC constantly gives Emma shit for being a zealous feminist without nuance and pushes her buttons, and she dishes it back equally, but there are many wholesome interactions where there is clear romantic tension (not just sexual tension).

Seeing Emma SOOOOO submissively jealous while Olivia pushed MC into dancing with her as a wingman to pick up a girl for him was priceless.

I'd say most of the LIs have the potential for a romantic path. After the last update, even Olivia, after she showed how her impulsive party girl personality was really more of a mask than who she really was. The only ones I don't really see a romantic path forward for are Deb (the femdom element is pretty inescapable, and she clearly loves Carl) and Kim (sociopath; I rejected her proposal, so unless she confides in you something on that path, I'll never know). Kim falls under "the bitchy ones" so we basically agree ha.

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
That has more to do with how I’m writing the relationships, than with the skills themselves. I didn’t want to offer very romantic choices too early because those tend to be very committal and would force players to have to pick a girl too early in the game. Also, story wise, I don’t think it would fit the MC to be romantic out of the box when he’s coming out of a depression. He needed some time to heal before allowing himself to get out there once again.

But I do agree that it might feel like there is little incentive to pick blue choices when you look at the skill trees. But choices matter for more than just getting points. To go into the more romantic paths with the girls that are looking for that, you’ll need to take the right blue choices.

Finally, I just want to caution against just going for sensitive/honorable choices if you want to go into the most romantic paths. In a quite old (and big) post, I talk there a bit about how I see the points of the 4 personalities interacting with each other to create nuanced relationships (like allowing for romantic paths) without having to focus in certain choice types.

Right now my MC constantly gives Emma shit for being a zealous feminist without nuance and pushes her buttons, and she dishes it back equally, but there are many wholesome interactions where there is clear romantic tension (not just sexual tension).
And since I’m linking to old posts, here is one about Emma and MC’s relationship (among other things, it's a big post). It’s funny to look at these old posts because, in some aspects, I can tell the ideas I had at the time are already in place or the story is going that way. But there are also some things where I had an idea for a character/path, but now that character/story is kind of growing somewhere a bit different.

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
Cheats & Gallery Unlocker Mod [v0.4.1]
thanks for making this but the text button to open the cheats menu is so unnecessarily big, such a distracting eyesore. for anyone wondering it's pretty easy to edit in cheats.rpy (line 22), looks nice when adjusted down to 20.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I did play the start of this game a long time ago (late 2021 in other words) and didn't like it. Then when I was looking in Latest (was away on vacation so latest around page 18 with my Tags and Excludes) after some games to download I found this and downloaded it. When I started to play it I remembered that I've played it and hadn't liked it. But I kept on playing and to my surprise I did really like it this time.So, I'll be back and download when an upgrade comes. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)

Before I had a folder called "Not fun" and this game must have been in that folder. Now I ignore threads instead, so a few weeks ago I deleted that folder. Luckily, as else I would have seen this game in the folder and I hadn't tried it again.

Last edited:

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I did play the start of this game a long time ago (late 2021 in other words) and didn't like it. Then when I was looking in Latest (was away on vacation so latest around page 18 with my Tags and Excludes) after some games to download I found this and downloaded it. When I started to play it I remembered that I've played it and hadn't liked it. But I kept on playing and to my surprise I did really like it this time.So, I'll be back and download when an upgrade comes. Keep up the good work Dev! (y)

Before I had a folder called "Not fun" and this game must have been in that folder. Now I ignore threads instead, so a few weeks ago I deleted that folder. Luckily, as else I would have seen this game in the folder and I hadn't tried it again.

Glad you gave it a second chance. One thing though, since you mentioned you have your tags and excludes while searching for games, I would highly encourage you to drop the excluded tags all together, the reason is because, let's say you really hate futa/trans content, so you decide to hide all games with the futa/trans tag, sure you won't see anything with those things, but you could end up missing a lot of great games that have futa/trans content as an optional side thing that can be easily avoided.

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
I liked this one from the very first version. Personally I feel it keeps getting better.
There is one major, like mega super duper negative though - if I've understood certain comments and replies correctly.
Getting anywhere fun and happy with Deb seems to only be possible if you're a sub? That for ME, is just a major blow. Deb is honestly my #1 gal. But there's no effing way I'll even imagine being a sub, even if it's "just a game" :D (respect to those that DO enjoy it) It just aint my style.
Now if I could make Deb my sub instead (if we really must have sub involved) then I might be happier lol

But here's hoping I got all of this completely wrong and Deb is totally romanceable and a candidate for a 'happy ever after-ending' without "me" being a sub. Pwetty plis my good MrSilverLust :cry:

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
But here's hoping I got all of this completely wrong and Deb is totally romanceable and a candidate for a 'happy ever after-ending' without "me" being a sub. Pwetty plis my good MrSilverLust
He already said there will be other routes with you but being a sub for Deb, but those aren't going to end with a 'happy ever after-ending'.
If this could happen, she would be happy with her boyfriend.

Reactions: hysepReC
4.60 star(s) 163 Votes