"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Now & Then [v0.20.0] [ILSProductions] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 2,40 GB / 1,21 GB - NowandThen-0.20.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,xx GB / 1,17 GB - NowandThen-0.20.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC): - - Up2Share

Download (Mac):
- - Up2Share

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Old saves are broken with and without the mod :KEK:
My saves without the mod load fine with or without the mod installed. I can't load the final save with the previous mod, but my play style loses access to the automatic saves by the time I play with the mod, so it's quite possible that an auto save with the modded game would load. I back up a couple of screen from the actual end for my final save.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
As usual a GREAT update! My only issue (also as usual) is I see it update, I play it, I get all excited and into it, then I have to wait for next update :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
can confirm, I didn't mod the game, my saves don't work. It tries to start a new game each time. I last played to the end of chapter 17....
if anyone has a save file that actually works from Chapter 17 or a little but earlier I'd use it.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
We know it's not always the mod breaking saves, I play without it and get the same issues. That's why I mentioned point 2 in that big post I made almost 2 months ago now, and quoted above in the spoiler.

That said, why did you leave all the variable flags in, instead of doing something like telling the player to pick the story choice they want last and having each choice set to undo the variables of the other choices.. or making a new menu button whenever there's a split like that, one that clearly shows "do both/all scenes" or something along those lines, then having a small menu after that specifically for setting the variables? Without a complete rewrite of the underlying script, this "forced harem mode" is going to make the code not know what to do with itself, at some point.

For the sake of argument, let's say Kinderfield decides an impassible barrier has been reached and a character that we know is forced to die (which honestly wouldn't surprise me in a game like this, let's be honest, it's a small miracle that the closest they've gotten to anything like that is the bacterial infection in the school.. luckily, a med student just happened to be there?).. the mod, setting all the flags to true the way it does, will either make ALL of them do so, or try and have the script reference them later in the game.

I'm not trying to sound like a jackass or anything, just that this seems like a bit of oversight, coming from someone that's done from-scratch dev work with c++, c#, Lua, and phpBB off and on for the last 20 years. Eventually, you're going to have to add some kind of checks against such things and if you wait too long, it's going to be even more of a headache.

Again, I'm not trying to be a prick. Just saying that this brute-forced method is going to cause more issues eventually (see the post quoted above from Naxos for a most recent example) as the script is just not set to handle everything being set to 'true'.
I get what you are saying - but that is not what the mod is doing. You are asking the modder to re-write how the game works with logic. What they are doing is basically adding GOTO statements into the code so that someone can see branch A and B for a mutually exclusive choice. There probably isn't much fixing of variables based on the choices, etc. I mean I have never checked Zoey's WT code, but if it takes a few hours to do (we've talked), then checking the all the variables and how they interact with all the points they are referenced in the game is not possible.

It takes me about 3 hours to do my WT, because I am assessing how each decision affects everything in the game, even in previous chapters (which I update if something comes to light).

Again, take it for what it is worth, but I've said this before, this dev used variables like crazy in terms of updating conversations, and also future decisions. This is not a simple game to decode. If you want it done "right" - feel free to put your time into a game mod.

Reactions: Real Kreten

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
can confirm, I didn't mod the game, my saves don't work. It tries to start a new game each time. I last played to the end of chapter 17....
if anyone has a save file that actually works from Chapter 17 or a little but earlier I'd use it.
Not sure where exactly this is - it is when the car breaks down and before you get to the house. This is a save similar to my WT where you are trying for a harem. Can confirm it works as I loaded it like 8 times to do my multiple run-throughs when I worked the WT. No WT Mod (not like that makes a difference).

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Not sure where exactly this is - it is when the car breaks down and before you get to the house. This is a save similar to my WT where you are trying for a harem. Can confirm it works as I loaded it like 8 times to do my multiple run-throughs when I worked the WT. No WT Mod (not like that makes a difference).
Thanks, I didn't want to go through the entire game again. I was at the run down hotel

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks, I didn't want to go through the entire game again. I was at the run down hotel
If you have done it before (ie. played to the most recent release), and you still have the persistent file from your other run-throughs - hold down the control (ctrl) key and you skip to the next decision pretty quickly. This again is if you didn't blow away your renpy (or .renpy on Linux) directory with your saves.

May 12, 2020
My mod has never once broken my save. Bottom line. Because, you know I've been doing this a while and know how to code.
Hey Zoey, I've never had a problem with broken saves with your mod and in general I love your work. I do have one gripe with this mod though. There are many spots throughout the game where you set points to a static number that is necessary to avoid missing a scene. It bugs me when I have 30+ love or like points with one of the girls and all of a sudden its set to a single digit number. An easy correction for this would be to add an if statement ie:
if x_points < 5:
x_points = 5

instead of just doing

x_points = 5

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
save broke again cause my luck is shit so had to ctrl it with walk through mod it's annoying but i deal with it

seems like trouble is coming to the house soon unless that was sydney but hair style [cut maybe] is different and build too but that's probably the blur effect

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
save broke again cause my luck is shit so had to ctrl it with walk through mod it's annoying but i deal with it

seems like trouble is coming to the house soon unless that was sydney but hair style [cut maybe] is different and build too but that's probably the blur effect
Try loading a slightly older save and skipping back to the new content. Always works for me.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes