Kel2513

May 16, 2019
I don't know where you live, BUT "Now and Then" is set in contemporary USA, you know.
Indeed it is. And it is no secret that religion has been used as an excuse/justification for the laws put into place even recently in one or more of the states in the US. Not gonna get into it coz it might get political but anyone who doubts it can just google it for themselves.
Point is: some laws dont make sense and in 'Now and Then' that one law might be from one such state government even if it is not so on the federal level or whatever people call it over there.

• Angry
Reactions: PromiseSteele

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm talking about adultery, not marriage. I don't see what they have anything to do with each other. Adultery is cheating on your partner (who may or may not be your husband/wife). Marriage is a contractual arrangement with certain legal provisions and obligations. It says nothing about either party's sex life. This is why no-fault divorces are now the norm in the entire Western world. Like, here in the UK, adultery is still technically a legal cause for divorce, but any solicitor will laugh you out of their office if you actually try to file for it :)

Affairs are by definition non-consensual. It's not cheating if you have permission. That's why ethical non-monogamy is an actual term.

Well, for those who think that way, I suppose there are still a few theocracies left in the world where adultery is a crime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hopefully one day quite a few more.
You want more theocracies? You do realize, under a theocracy, these games would also be illegal, right? They usually want to prohibit masturbation and anything other than heterosexuality.
You added this in late, but this should not be legal, sorry. An extremely damaging legality.
All I can say is I am glad you are not the arbiter of what or what is not illegal in modern, secular society. No fault divorce allows an individual a better chance to escape from a toxic relationship and live a healthier life.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Huh? What backwards-ass country does this game take place in where adultery is not only a crime, but one of "the easier ones" comparable to murder and is punishable by jail time?

I understand this is all a sneaky segue into "there are no laws anymore so it's a-ok to fuck your daughter," but come on :D

View attachment 1491251
The U.S. (still has some states where it is a crime punishable by 5 years in jail), though it has been 40 years since the last conviction. Welcome to the reality of the game taking place in the U.S.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I personally found it amusing that the dev decided to allude to the fact that it is still punishable as a crime in the U.S. Imagine if the game was set in Alabama, BJ and anal would be punishable by 5 years in jail because they are not married. :ROFLMAO:

Adultery is a crime in this states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Last edited:

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
Just finished the game (v0.20) and this is a Master piece, any way i forgot what website i read that about(or im just imagining things) this game will end soon and the dev is planning his new game. if im not imaging things did he already give a teaser/preview of that future game he will create?

I hope sydney and julie will go and find mc and the girls again :) :) :)

Reactions: jxd and Dunner

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, I guess it's time for mods to come back here and clean your blabberings about your opinions that no one wants to hear except you and yourselves.

Reported (n)

Mar 6, 2021
Is it just me who would like to see sex scenes with this version of her? I know the game is advanced, and that she only had sex with him in the adult version, but she might as well have some kind of dream, of them going back in time and having their first sexual relationship with this form of her.
But unfortunately I don't think it will happen, too bad, I loved this younger version of her.

Edit: We still have Christmas, maybe we won't get this gift, right?

Last edited:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Is it just me who would like to see sex scenes with this version of her? I know the game is advanced, and that she only had sex with him in the adult version, but she might as well have some kind of dream, of them going back in time and having their first sexual relationship with this form of her.
But unfortunately I don't think it will happen, too bad, I loved this younger version of her.
Just the thought of it makes me sick. No kink-shaming, just my opinion.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

It's always funny how I get to this point in the build and I start thinking "oh, man, I only have a few scenes left to do" as I'm considering how much work remains, but then I start adding things up and it's a hell of a lot more than that. It's transitions. It's cleaning up the script. It's redoing some shots and animations or just adding more. So, I end up being not as ahead as I think I am.
As far as the update itself, there's a playable skeleton there, with the first half being largely functional (minus some code and audio), so a good push over the next week will have us on target. The second half? Major scenes are there--they may be slideshows and misaligned script--but there's work to stitch them together and I see myself doing more than one reshoot to add more content.
I won't say too much about the story, outside of one thing: After this chapter, you'll have passed through all of the potential plot flags that splits the cast from lovers or friends, except for Carol. So, if you're playing Carol-only... well, you're seeing a different game than those going for everyone. And that's the funny thing for me. I have to write, code and shoot a lot of stuff for alternative pathways that I'm not sure'll even get seen in a single playthrough for most. But, it is always nice to read comments from someone talking about a scene and you know they had to do something just right to get it.
Nowandthen Sample Pics copy.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics copy2.jpg

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I wonder how the story will continue now that Emmie's dead, guessing that the grandfather will probably start a war or something, I really didn't see that one coming

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
Actually, I have a horrible feeling that Emmie will survive... but be infected. Or suspected as infected

With what MacCreedy said earlier about killing all potential infectees, it seems to be well lined up for him to have to be faced with that agonizing choice. Kill the last bit of family he has, to follow he community rules, or deviate, choose something... different.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
I do think whatever happens there'll be a war between the town and bandits, MacCready will go all Colonel Kurtz on everyone, and the MC will have to step up and resolve the situation

ED: Colonel Kurtz is the ostensible goal of the classic movie Apocalypse Now, he went so far off the rails he set up a competing railroad.

Last edited:
Reactions: longsuper1

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Just started Chapter 18 and all I have to say is WHHYYY?? Okay enough of that. LOVE LOVE LOVE this game, easily my #1 game out of many! Story, characters and art are consistently excellent. Really makes you feel for the characters too.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes