clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
True - but the dev himself releases it here when it goes public - usually 5 days after it is released on Patreon. At the end of the day - yes - it would be cool if it were released here early, but the Dev releases a supported version within 5 days (ie. no jankity download from elsewhere - re-upload, etc.) Might as well just wait.
I totally get that in this case it's not a huge deal, but no need to shame people for not supporting devs on a literal pirate forum.

• Angry
Reactions: longsuper1

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It's not shaming people it's encouraging people to support the dev no support = no updates
I really like this game. I'm not a patron because I don't believe in the patronage model of funding. I only pay for games that are fully completed. Developers are not accountable to patrons in any fashion, and I don't spend money with out accountability. There is no connection between support by patrons and the production of updates. There are dozens of examples of this fact.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I really like this game. I'm not a patron because I don't believe in the patronage model of funding. I only pay for games that are fully completed. Developers are not accountable to patrons in any fashion, and I don't spend money with out accountability. There is no connection between support by patrons and the production of updates. There are dozens of examples of this fact.
Under house arrest reboot was canceled because of no support.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Tons of games have been cancelled due to lack of support. Plenty of others have used Patreon and similar methods to milk supporters for literally years with little value to show for it. Both sides of the argument are valid to some extent and there are plenty of examples to support each. This Dev is not one of the bad ones, milking his Patrons with a never-ending cash cow. I have supported Kinderfeld for a long time and I have no regrets. (And no, I'm not sharing early, so don't ask.)

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
I don't want to criticize your opinion, but I'm glad that many people think differently. Otherwise there would be a lot less choice of games in the forum, or the abandoned rate would be significantly higher.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I don't want to criticize your opinion, but I'm glad that many people think differently. Otherwise there would be a lot less choice of games in the forum, or the abandoned rate would be significantly higher.
Well everyone has his own opinion and that is ok but I do understand him, not everyone has the money to spend on games that can go the wrong way with every new update.
For me, this game was in my top 5 games from the moment it started and after a few updates I did consider supporting the Dev but as time went on and especially after the last update I'm glad I didn't, at this point I'm don't even know if I want to play the next update because as the game went on the Dev simply did too many things I disliked.

Reactions: verzauberung

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Well everyone has his own opinion and that is ok but I do understand him, not everyone has the money to spend on games that can go the wrong way with every new update.
For me, this game was in my top 5 games from the moment it started and after a few updates I did consider supporting the Dev but as time went on and especially after the last update I'm glad I didn't, at this point I'm don't even know if I want to play the next update because as the game went on the Dev simply did too many things I disliked.
Out of curiosity, what did you not like?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You're right. Without patronage many games would never get off the ground. That said for every game that completes, 10-20 games are abandoned or end up getting updates 24-36 months apart and won't ever be completed. I don't think that most games are abandoned from a lack of patronage. In my unscientific opinion, most games are abandoned either from RL impacts on the developers, or their lack of appreciation of just how difficult it is to create ANY VN/game let alone a successful one.

It's important to realize, that regardless of their view, patrons aren't supporting the development of a VN. They are supporting a developer or a development team, whether or not they produce a single update. Literally gifting them money, which the recipients can spend in any fashion they choose.

I want to be clear that I think the developer of this game is honorable, transparent, and responsive. My comments above reflect general problems with the patronage model, not issues with this dev.
----------------

Now there is value to a dev putting a game on this site. That value is "free" testing. Very very few developers have the resources to fully test their games. When I encounter a bug or issue I take the time to fully document and report it to the dev, as do hundreds of others. The goal of most devs is a completed fully debugged VN/game. I've been developing software for over four decades. An hour of my time is worth well over several times typical subscription price of a game. So while I won't give a dev money through patronage, I do provide debugging support and if they care to take advantage of it beta testing.

I don't have that relationship with this dev, but there are a number of popular developers whose games/VNs I provide that kind of support. In a sense those devs and I are mutually accountable. That is a relationship that I do support.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
There is time and there is money - the two major resources you have. I give my time to devs I like, and money when the games finish that I like. This dev I have written 21 walkthroughs (started chapter 3). That is about 2 hours a walkthrough - so in the last 2 years, 2 days of my life I have dedicated to writing at walkthrough. Dev shares it with their Patreons and I feel I have helped the dev. I do the same for 3 other games, and enjoy what I get out of it. This dev is very generous and lets me have a sneak peak early so I can get the WT done before it goes to their Patreons. In return - I don't leak anything and post the WT when public here. Simple contract and you can do the same for the games you love if you work with the dev. I have my WT on my laptop's desktop, ready to post on Friday, as I am 6000 miles from my home at my kids' place this week for Christmas.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, it's a bit of privilege to be able to hold to such standards and apply blanket default motivations to developers. Developers are not part of some dark cabal, they are individuals, with their own motivations and challenges.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I totally get that in this case it's not a huge deal, but no need to shame people for not supporting devs on a literal pirate forum.
I'm not shaming anyone and if anyone took that as shaming thats their fault
at the end of the day it is what it is
dev always releases it to the public in what 1 week?
Tier 3 - December 19, 2021
Tier 2 - December 21, 2021
Tier 1 - December 23, 2021
Public - December 24, 2021
so asking for someone to leak it cause they can't wait a few days it's a bit disrespectful towards the dev
I am a tier 3 sub for him and have been for a few months and yet I have not yet played these last .. 4 updates I think but I still sub to him because he needs the support,
and is also one of the few devs that has constant monthly updates with lots of content and a captivating story.
So to finish this , my post was not "shaming people" was telling people to either have a bit of patience or go pay 10/5$ and get the update.
EDIT : thanks for the like damien :))

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hey man - very happy to have the walkthrough, but there is a mistake in it:

To unlock Naomi BJ scene at the end of chapter 11, you need to NOT be hit in the ribs by Chaz - your walkthrough says the opposite :)
I will look when I get back home and have my computer, and can parse the code.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
1640369258662.jpeg

Part Three: Chapter Twenty-three [Version 0.23.0]

After recent traumas that have affected the group, Jack and the girls try to find some way to just relax. Thinking towards their future, a visit to White Oak spawns an idea for a nice getaway for everyone.

Windows: -
Mac: -
Android: -

Walkthrough*:

* Courtesy of internet denizen Mordred93

Hope you enjoy the experience. Thanks for playing.
- Kinderfeld
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
We have a thread here if you have any questions, feedback or requests!
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes